Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ride already is “a shadow of its former self.” That’s why they’re doing this. :p

This redo makes sense business and creative because 1) The Ride needs an update. It’s too stuck in the 90’s. 2) The effects and AA desperately need to be replaced. Marketing this as a new ride makes the most sense to justify the costs.

Yay business decisions. I don’t really care why they think this is a good idea. I don’t.

Reactions: Wesker69
I went today and the ride is in such disrepair that it honestly needs to shut down sooner.
The 'ledge stegosaur' has been removed (its been seriously broken for years though, I'm not surprised), hadrosaur has been removed, all the spitters are removed,
the left raptor was removed, the jeep is still stuck in place. Yeah, I don't know if any of you have been on recently but its doing pretty bad lol.

I went today and the ride is in such disrepair that it honestly needs to shut down sooner.
The 'ledge stegosaur' has been removed (its been seriously broken for years though, I'm not surprised), hadrosaur has been removed, all the spitters are removed,
the left raptor was removed, the jeep is still stuck in place. Yeah, I don't know if any of you have been on recently but its doing pretty bad lol.
Sounds worse than my last ride about three weeks ago. At this point, now that they made this redo official, I'm sure they're like, "screw it, what's the point? Might as well work on some of it now."

Modifying a ride is like the George Lucas Special Editions. You are changing something that already was amazing.
The difference being... those special editions are STILL Star Wars & still tell the same story but look a whole lot better. Now as for Disney's bluray tinkering to them, eh.. can't back that up. lol

The 'ledge stegosaur' has been removed (its been seriously broken for years though, I'm not surprised), hadrosaur has been removed, all the spitters are removed, the left raptor was removed, the jeep is still stuck in place.
The steggosaur was missing last weekend during the JP25 event, but last time it was there, it worked perfectly fine but its skin looked terrible as far as coloring went. I rode it yesterday and I could've sworn the hadrosaur was still there, but it might've been gone. Not all of the Dilphosaurs have been removed, the one before unload is still in place. And the fallen jeep has been in that same position for the past several months.

I bet it's going to be like TOT in Disneyland...people bash it and it's not even open yet!
I bet it's going to be good but will not be as good as the original but still be a nice replacement.

I always loved the falling jeep, in its hayday it was awesome. As an engineer it always surprised me that they couldn't get it working properly..?

I always loved the falling jeep, in its hayday it was awesome. As an engineer it always surprised me that they couldn't get it working properly..?

Well, imagine doing that almost 24/7 for more than 20 years with an actual vehicle and the mechanism that carrying the Jeep up and down. I guarantee it's bound t break down more often than the engineers could fix.

Reactions: Ryno27
Well, imagine doing that almost 24/7 for more than 20 years with an actual vehicle and the mechanism that carrying the Jeep up and down. I guarantee it's bound t break down more often than the engineers could fix.
(Read in a whiny fan boy voice) Okay sorry to be picky here but it's not a jeep it's a Ford Explorer! I can't believe you don't know Jurassic park!

Reactions: Delta and smoaT
This is a terrible choice on Universal's part. I went to ride it one last time recently after hearing the news. It is easily the best ride in the park. Parks should be both modern and classic for a wide appeal. People can go to Disney and ride Haunted Mansion which they have enjoyed for 5 decades as well as new attractions. People have great memories of these rides.

Modifying a ride is like the George Lucas Special Editions. You are changing something that already was amazing. Jurassic Park will lose a lot of its appeal, ambience, and storytelling with this change. It will be a shadow of its former self. The ride from the ground up was designed for the attraction it holds. These modernization attempts to make it something it isn't is heartbreaking for a Universal fan like myself.

The T-Rex 'saves you' as the finale? It's the antagonist and dramatic finale of the ride, now it is a hero? What a cheap-out. You can do maitenance and improvements to ride (Peter Pan, Matterhorn, Alice) without changing the whole concept.

A few things.

1. How do you these changes will ruin the storytelling, ambience and appeal? We still don't have enough details on the ride to make such a grounded claim.

2. Making the T-Rex save you at the end is a cheap out? Well, I don't think that's the case. The Tag Team climax was one of the best parts of Jurassic World and it would be awesome to see that replicated with hi-tech animatronics.

Hell, one of the most critically acclaimed action films of all time was a sequel about a robot designed to be a killing machine switching from antagonist to protagonist.

So nesboy, if a robotic Arnold Schwarzenegger can pull it off and become a classic, who says a T-Rex can't?

Reactions: Delta
Just rode Jurassic Park and I too can confirm that the Stegosaurus on top of the rocks in “Stegosaurus Springs” is gone. The hadrosaur that jumps up out of the water by the “Hadrosaur Cove” entrance is gone. The two dilophosaurus right before the chain lift into “JP Environmental Systems” building are also gone. Strange because they were all there 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: Alicia
Just rode Jurassic Park and I too can confirm that the Stegosaurus on top of the rocks in “Stegosaurus Springs” is gone. The hadrosaur that jumps up out of the water by the “Hadrosaur Cove” entrance is gone. The two dilophosaurus right before the chain lift into “JP Environmental Systems” building are also gone. Strange because they were all there 2 weeks ago.
Universal is eager to get this show on the road!
Even though I won't get to experience this, I'm excited. I really want to see what they change and how they do it. Namely, the Mosasaurus.

Wait so how long has this Ford Explorer not been "falling" because last year I went on the ride and it didn't "fall" either. I am taking two of my friends to Universal this summer and they have never been, I feel like this ride will disappoint them, just seems like it's a mess.

Wait so how long has this Ford Explorer not been "falling" because last year I went on the ride and it didn't "fall" either. I am taking two of my friends to Universal this summer and they have never been, I feel like this ride will disappoint them, just seems like it's a mess.

It is going to disappoint. The Explorer has not fallen for quite some time and it will not be fixed.

First. How is the ride "so 90's"? What screams 90's in this ride? if you talk about the videos in the queue, well that can be fixed but I am very skeptical about the whole project. Even though there has been a serious upgrade regarding upkeep and new rides in Universal, there is still a sense of underwhelm with Universal because for every big hit they have a huge miss, for every Forbidden Journey you get a Flight of the Hippogriff. For every Transformers you get a Jimmy Fallon adventure. They turn set pieces for the tour into "rides" in Orlando like Kong and F&F that they work perfectly fine within the setting of the tour but they are terrible ideas as standalone rides for which you need to actually make a line for that particular "ride" and they are not part of a combo like with the studio tour. You get a refurbishment of an awesome thing like T2 and you get and awful "ride" like Minion Mayhem.
I am not saying that JP didn't need an extensive refurb, I am the first one to recognize that it is in serious neglect, so much that PETA is even making a case for animal abuse in this ride. When I was taken to make a very extensive survey for Universal Studios I said that it really needed to be shown some love, but not a reskin to JW. I am very afraid because Universal's track record is not spotless as of now. They just opened the F&F "ride" in Orlando, which, we can all agree, is a terrible idea as a standalone attraction; so bonehead executives still roam large at Uni and terrible ideas still drip to the parks. I am very afraid that the refurb will be done in a tasteless manner and this becomes screen galore. They still seem not care that they have the monicker of the "screen capital of the world" because they keep churning out attractions heavily based on screens.
In all, JP needed an extensive refurb but it didn't need changing it to JW. In the inside portion of the ride I don't think huge changes will be made since I think I heard that the T-Reges cannot be replaced because they were flown in and the structures that support them are specially made for what is in there now and because of the structure of the building not much else can be added or modified. I hope they don't remove the final T-Rex because that is the definitive version of the waterfall, Florida's pales in comparison (well, in Florida there is no waterfall), but in the indoor portion of the ride I think only projections will be added.

Last edited:
I must be the only person in the world who doesn't have a problem with screens on ride. As long as the quality of the audio and video is pristine, and as long as there is some added physical elements (such as what you see or feel on Forbidden Journey) I really don't see what the problem is. Especially considering that they don't exactly have the space to fit in large rides. I feel like many people do nothing but complain about the lack of non-screen rides when that's all that they can really work on for the Hollywood portion.

Reactions: alias8703
Status
Not open for further replies.