Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally disagree with this decision. First, it is obvious that this ride needs a deep refurbish because it's in such dire condition that is painful to see it so abandoned, but destroying it to do a Jurassic World one? Jurassic Park is a classic ride in a park that lacks classic rides. Disney adds some updates here and there in some rides but they remain within the spirit of the ride and with the same IP. There would be protests if they decide to totally scrap pirates and update it to the movies, and mind you they were huge blockbusters. Yes, Jack Sparrow was added, but the rest of the ride is practically the same as Disney imagined it. They obviously keep their rides in top condition, unlike universal that let Jurassic Park die a slow death. I really disliked Jurassic World and I have a feeling that I won't like the new one either. I think that JP after 25 years is as popular as ever because it's a classic, and a classic should keep its ride. Scrapping it for a new IP (or better said and updated IP?) risks a lot. What if the new movie crashes and burns? I don't know, I just wish they announced they would do a deep refurb replacing old animatronics with state of the art ones and adding foliage and repairing the amazing car scene. and just show some love to this groundbreaking ride.

I can't see the Mosasaur moment being anywhere but outdoors, so would they even be able to do a screen? Where and how would they place it indoors that would make sense and be close enough to splash everyone?

Also, Jurassic World was very enjoyable... but it is the same IP, same concept... I doubt this ride will differ that greatly apart from aesthetic upgrades and new Dinosaurs/better AAs... people need to not panic. It's all still Jurassic Park.

I totally disagree with this decision. First, it is obvious that this ride needs a deep refurbish because it's in such dire condition that is painful to see it so abandoned, but destroying it to do a Jurassic World one? Jurassic Park is a classic ride in a park that lacks classic rides. Disney adds some updates here and there in some rides but they remain within the spirit of the ride and with the same IP. There would be protests if they decide to totally scrap pirates and update it to the movies, and mind you they were huge blockbusters. Yes, Jack Sparrow was added, but the rest of the ride is practically the same as Disney imagined it. They obviously keep their rides in top condition, unlike universal that let Jurassic Park die a slow death. I really disliked Jurassic World and I have a feeling that I won't like the new one either. I think that JP after 25 years is as popular as ever because it's a classic, and a classic should keep its ride. Scrapping it for a new IP (or better said and updated IP?) risks a lot. What if the new movie crashes and burns? I don't know, I just wish they announced they would do a deep refurb replacing old animatronics with state of the art ones and adding foliage and repairing the amazing car scene. and just show some love to this groundbreaking ride.

Posted this in the other thread, but I'll post it here as well...

I personally don't get the outcry. It's not like they are completely gutting/demolishing the ride we love.

We'll still have the boat ride doing the same things it did before - just with some additions, a blue color scheme, and World instead of Park. At the end of the day, we're still escaping the wrath of dinos.

Does anyone know if there is Jurassic Park: The Ride merchandise in the park? I know they have normal Jurassic Park stuff but what about items with “The Ride” attached to it?

Ok... I like the concept..... A LOT.... but I'm nervous here.... " Be prepared when a 50-foot Tyrannosaurs rex comes to your rescue…" Does this mean no more Dinosaur lunging at us before the drop? I wonder how they'll execute the T-Rex saving you front the I-Rex......

Ok... I like the concept..... A LOT.... but I'm nervous here.... " Be prepared when a 50-foot Tyrannosaurs rex comes to your rescue…" Does this mean no more Dinosaur lunging at us before the drop? I wonder how they'll execute the T-Rex saving you front the I-Rex......
I would have I-Rex be the lunging Dino and have the T-Rex snap it from the side.

I'm willing to bet they'll be on either side of us instead of in front of us in the new version, which would take away a lot of the suspense
This is exactly what I am nervous about.... Suspense is what makes this ride great. Lots of people are talking about screens, which of course would be a let down. However, this would be the biggest let down of all and theres a strong possibility that it'll happen....

I'm willing to bet they'll be on either side of us instead of in front of us in the new version, which would take away a lot of the suspense

I mean, if they are on the sides, and have a ton of articulation and can get close to the vehicle.. I think it can be terrifying... Anything has to be better then the gravity defying T-rex with a clear mechanical arm in its back... The T-Rex in Florida is definitely the better version.

What if the I-Rex comes at you through the waterfall, then the T-rex comes from the side and snaps at it?

call me old school, but I really don't want T-Rex "Saving the Day". the original ride concept is pretty much perfection, and trying to shoe horn a new story into it, just to fit your "lesser than" reboot into the attraction, is just not something I can get behind.

More like shows who's boss. She's not trying to save you in the original ride.

I think there's a difference between "saves you" and "trying to save you". Like, I don't think the new scene will be like the one in Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom where the iguanadon is literally holding a tree up for you.

Reactions: |Q|
Posted this in the other thread, but I'll post it here as well...

I personally don't get the outcry. It's not like they are completely gutting/demolishing the ride we love.

We'll still have the boat ride doing the same things it did before - just with some additions, a blue color scheme, and World instead of Park. At the end of the day, we're still escaping the wrath of dinos.
There's every chance they'll restore it to Jurassic Park years from now, too, once they've ridden the Jurassic World wave. Keep whatever new effects they added, adjust them to match the original film, change everything else back, and then market it as a revival.

Regardless of what others have said about this upgrade, I feel no fear about it. I personally like seeing new things, so I’m quite optimistic about this. Don’t get me wrong, as a diehard Jurassic Park fan, I’m going to miss this attraction, but I’m willing to embrace change for the sake of helping it evolve and thrive with all new features and effects. I trust Universal with this.

I am also thinking this will go where the parasaur who lunges out of the water will go. That mechanism goes VERY deep and is only used to 1/3 it's potential right now.
You beat me to it.... If it does go there, do you guys think the storyline of the dino bumping the boat off course will remain?

Status
Not open for further replies.