Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was unexpected.. In a way, there's a lot more they can do with the ride when it's taking place indoors - but I hope we can at least keep some portion of it outdoors (perhaps waterfall/Stegosaur Springs onwards).

I hope these indoor scenes are made to look like indoor scenes. If they're replicating outside indoors, there's going to be a nice issue when you go from inside back to outside (assuming inside would be themed to "night")

I personally dont like the fact how there replacing the 1st lagoon scene. I know its going to better the sightline from SSFl and the parking garage. But I feel its going to be a lame excuse to put screens. I hope the dont go the Fast and furious supercharged simulator route with the screens. Lets face it,Universal hasnt been the best with taking care of animatronics. Theve always been with the mindset screens are cheaper lately. Look at the disaster F&F orlando was. They should kept the name from.the former ride. May be alot of screens in the 1st part of Jw and then adding a few animatronics at the end. I may be wrong but its a gut feeling. If someone can prove me wrong. Please personally send me leaks since we cannot post them here :)

I wouldn't be quick to jump on the gun of Screens being prominently used in that scene.

A gut feeling, but I'd expect the enclosing to continue to the rest of the ride (leading until the big showbuilding though), and that it may be to keep things..shall we say, contained and immersive.

I wouldn't be quick to jump on the gun of Screens being prominently used in that scene.
Jurrasic world is primarily outdoors with the film settings. I maybe predict the jurrasic world main center with the maps and screens fpr the 1st building maybe projection mapping in that tunnel with the firsr lift hill. But even then, theres barley any outdoor scenes left. I see that 2nd indoor lift getting covered or unfortunately even more.

Jurrasic world is primarily outdoors with the film settings. I maybe predict the jurrasic world main center with the maps and screens fpr the 1st building maybe projection mapping in that tunnel with the firsr lift hill. But even then, theres barley any outdoor scenes left. I see that 2nd indoor lift getting covered or unfortunately even more.

I mean, who's to say an outdoor environment can't be done as well as the indoor's?

I mean, they could be taking a direction that's more to the liking of the Sky Ceilings seen more in Vegas operations, such as Venetian or Caesars? They have worked with outer parties before on environment's (Thinkwell for Cinematic Celebration at UOR for one), so I don't..rule it out.

As someone who actually finally got the chance to see Venetian and Forum Shops for myself back in June, it's actually rather fascinating (and somewhat convincing even for the Venetian for when I was there).

I mean, who's to say an outdoor environment can't be done as well as the indoor's?

I mean, they could be taking a direction that's more to the liking of the Sky Ceilings seen more in Vegas operations, such as Venetian or Caesars? They have worked with outer parties before on environment's (Thinkwell for Cinematic Celebration at UOR for one), so I don't..rule it out.

Im considering there going the route like in the first jw film where the guests are padling on the rafts. A more dense type aspect with the plants and trees to make shade. I just cant see jurrasic world all taking place at night tho. Thats why im skeptical about a building. Its like putting a boat through the forest section at walking dead. Wait... maybe itl be BLACK WALLS THE RIDE

Looking at the support beams. Maybe its just enclosed slightly and not a building? Maybe there putting mosasaur tanks on the right. It seems promising. But if they manage to screw this up like the Pratical effects on the walking dead. All hope is lost haha. I imagine reggie from the orlando mummy saying. The curse is real. The whole place is screens. Then imohtep will say "Silence, with these screens I shall ruin Universal for all eternity.

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH I LOVE indoor scenes that are made to look outdoors. There is just something so satisfying about it. Spiderman, F&F show scene, Kongfrontation. Just as long as Uni minimizes on the screens and focuses on the AA and vegetation details. I dont mind a screen to create depth for the background.

I highly agree. Hell, to elaborate more on my feelings, it felt really confusing in first glance when in The Forum Shops back in June. It quite felt I was somewhere..different, in a way. And The Venetian took that feeling, to another level.

As someone who's guessing more from the way the metal framing is right now, I can see them looking to that thought of the Sky ceiling being the best option. It'd be low to the ground if they wanted, and could create something very..unique, for Universal.

Last edited:
Update 11/23 - more steel added to old lagoon area. Not sure but enclosed looks possible.
ptxWGPY.jpg

5zsYQfi.jpg

Yffqnac.jpg

AJ5GU7D.jpg

Wouldn’t it be bizzare if they were building the interior ruins of the original JP welcome center from the first JW film. That would have a bit of irony.
You might be on to something here... I hope we get more information in the coming weeks regarding the storyline, etc.

Wouldn’t it be bizzare if they were building the interior ruins of the original JP welcome center from the first JW film. That would have a bit of irony.
During the part where your boat gets knocked off course, I could easily see that being in the “backstage” scene before going up the lift hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.