Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me this nonsense will not be the new industry standard.

“Come see SNW, but Mario Kart will open next year!”

Hopefully there will be enough disatisfaction with this is SWGE that it puts them off attempting it again in the future.

I hope this ride lives up to the expectations I have in my head - just don't screw it up please!

Please tell me this nonsense will not be the new industry standard.

“Come see SNW, but Mario Kart will open next year!”
As I explained in a previous post, its not the first time phased openings have occurred. Best example would be New Orleans Square in which all the attractions weren't open until two years after the land opened.

As I explained in a previous post, its not the first time phased openings have occurred. Best example would be New Orleans Square in which all the attractions weren't open until two years after the land opened.
Don’t insert facts into the conservation people just want to be outraged at something. :bolt:

Don’t insert facts into the conservation people just want to be outraged at something. :bolt:

Well my comment was really more of a joke. I don't plan to visit SWL until 2020 at the earliest at DL so the decision to delay ROTR doesn't really affect me.

It is pretty lame though that the star attraction is not opening with the land. Not sure how you can be happy about that unless you're lying to yourself.

I'm positive that 1966 crowds & 2019 crowds are VASTLY different. I think the main issue people are criticizing is the lack of capacity with only having 1 attraction opening.

Also to be fair, Walt Disney died the year NOS opened in 1966 so that must have put a monkey wrench into everything.

Reactions: Brian G.
Well my comment was really more of a joke. I don't plan to visit SWL until 2020 at the earliest at DL so the decision to delay ROTR doesn't really affect me.

It is pretty lame though that the star attraction is not opening with the land. Not sure how you can be happy about that unless you're lying to yourself.

I'm positive that 1966 crowds & 2019 crowds are VASTLY different. I think the main issue people are criticizing is the lack of capacity with only having 1 attraction opening.

Also to be fair, Walt Disney died the year NOS opened in 1966 so that must have put a monkey wrench into everything.
I don't think they scheduled the construction around Walt's death. Pirates was always going to open later. The wrech came with the Haunted Mansion, where there were competing ideas and no Walt to settle it. (Not to mention the Mansion itself had been sitting there - teasing - since 1963)

I don't think they scheduled the construction around Walt's death. Pirates was always going to open later. The wrech came with the Haunted Mansion, where there were competing ideas and no Walt to settle it. (Not to mention the Mansion itself had been sitting there - teasing - since 1963)

We're still using a one-time instance, from over 50 years ago. C'mon....

I get the arguement but opening a Park with a few rides not working is no big deal. Opening a land where 50% of attractions are not open is a bigger deal.

I don't actually think it will be a problem though, as long as the public are made aware before entry.

Reactions: HPFred
When I went yesterday the diver wasn't working and there wasn't much blood. And I dunno if I never sat on the side of the lake but when Jaws popped up I got a nice face full of spray. It was glorious

Reactions: Quint
Status
Not open for further replies.