Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I like it, but my guess with Hollywood is they considered having the mosasaurus be the reason your boat is knocked off course or going into a containment/unauthorized area.

Not that I like it, but my guess with Hollywood is they considered having the mosasaurus be the reason your boat is knocked off course or going into a containment/unauthorized area.

I modestly disagree...who says the story requires your boat to be knocked off course again??? That effect never worked well to begin with and placing the boat inside the Hadrosaur Cave was worse!

I modestly disagree...who says the story requires your boat to be knocked off course again??? That effect never worked well to begin with and placing the boat inside the Hadrosaur Cave was worse!

I have to agree with you Chris but to be fair, it would be neat to have a scene in the ride that helps support the transition from the park to the containment area.

Noticing this little tidbit from @Wesker69 makes me interested..

In other news, while at the JP25 event on sunday, I was talking to one of the big suits and he told me that the new advanced projection mapping technology we'll be seeing in this new Kung-Fu Panda attraction will be a small taste of what we'll be seeing when the JPRA Jurassic World overlay reopens next year.

Noticing this little tidbit from @Wesker69 makes me interested..

Once again, i think context is gonna be important as more details emerge about JW:TR. Sure, projection mapping is cool but with a ride as beloved and treasured as Jurassic Park, what it means in the big picture is going to determine whether this is a great addition or a awful one.

Sure, it could be used to add new effects and enhance the overall experience but it could also be used to replace a perfectly good practical effect without clear reason.

Once again, i think context is gonna be important as more details emerge about JW:TR. Sure, projection mapping is cool but with a ride as beloved and treasured as Jurassic Park, what it means in the big picture is going to determine whether this is a great addition or a awful one.

Sure, it could be used to add new effects and enhance the overall experience but it could also be used to replace a perfectly good practical effect without clear reason.

While I could see your point, one instance of projection mapping not only updated a ride, but made it more iconic, that being Alice at DL.

I think, what needs to be done to make it work, requires the indoor scenic design to be gutted, but with keeping the ride layout intact. It'd give them the chance to use all available space possible, along with giving a fresh start for the possible implementation of Projection Mapping, it'd be a chance that could benefit the attraction in the long-term game.

It just matters, to how effective it can be used.

While I could see your point, one instance of projection mapping not only updated a ride, but made it more iconic, that being Alice at DL.

I think, what needs to be done to make it work, requires the indoor scenic design to be gutted, but with keeping the ride layout intact. It'd give them the chance to use all available space possible, along with giving a fresh start for the possible implementation of Projection Mapping, it'd be a chance that could benefit the attraction in the long-term game.

Fair enough. You have a strong case. It's just that with a classic attraction like this, Universal needs to be really careful about what they take out and what they replace it with.

It's just that with a classic attraction like this, Universal needs to be really careful about what they take out and what they replace it with.
which is why i'd rather see a brand new JW ride addition and the current one fully restored with new technological upgrades without the rebranding. But thats just me, everyone else seems to be content with waiting for a new land while the park is still dominated by retail than actual things to do.

Reactions: smoaT
I can't see Projection Mapping being used really effective here to make it a 'win'?

I could see it being used for a decent shadow projection of the two Rexes fighting overhead in the warehouse?

Reactions: Ryno27

They have projections in Orlando...

They have projections in Orlando...

In the Jurassic Park River Adventure attraction? Then if so, where? Because I have yet to see virtually anyone talk about projection mapping ala' Alice already being in Orlando's JPRA.

I can't see Projection Mapping being used really effective here to make it a 'win'?

I could see it being used for a decent shadow projection of the two Rexes fighting overhead in the warehouse?

Honestly, and this is where my eyes see, it depends on how they handle the 9 month period. Because that could be enough time to gut the indoor section of the Hollywood attraction to change things in accomodating the new elements.

In the Jurassic Park River Adventure attraction? Then if so, where? Because I have yet to see virtually anyone talk about projection mapping ala' Alice already being in Orlando's JPRA.

It's not really projection mapping but, I'm assuming @DuelingDragonskid is talking about the cheesy claw scratch scene where rex 1 would be in USH....

Edit: Mod/s, feel free to delete this post and account... This is my old account lol... My new one is @Pk3062.... I guess I finally found my old password...

Reactions: Pk3062
An interesting thing to consider regarding projection mapping potential on JW: TR is the Indominus Rex’s ability to camouflage near seemlesy with its surroundings a la cuttlefish. They could pull off some really rad tricks here...

Honestly, as long as the Indominus Rex is a animatronics, using projecting mapping to mimic the beast's genetic abilities is a really good idea. Smart thinking, nOOb.

An interesting thing to consider regarding projection mapping potential on JW: TR is the Indominus Rex’s ability to camouflage near seemlesy with its surroundings a la cuttlefish. They could pull off some really rad tricks here...
It's not really projection mapping but, I'm assuming @DuelingDragonskid is talking about the cheesy claw scratch scene where rex 1 would be in USH....

Edit: Mod/s, feel free to delete this post and account... This is my old account lol... My new one is @Pk3062.... I guess I finally found my old password...
No I'm not on the lift there is a projection of raptors.

Reactions: Pk3062
This is a terrible choice on Universal's part. I went to ride it one last time recently after hearing the news. It is easily the best ride in the park. Parks should be both modern and classic for a wide appeal. People can go to Disney and ride Haunted Mansion which they have enjoyed for 5 decades as well as new attractions. People have great memories of these rides.

Modifying a ride is like the George Lucas Special Editions. You are changing something that already was amazing. Jurassic Park will lose a lot of its appeal, ambience, and storytelling with this change. It will be a shadow of its former self. The ride from the ground up was designed for the attraction it holds. These modernization attempts to make it something it isn't is heartbreaking for a Universal fan like myself.

The T-Rex 'saves you' as the finale? It's the antagonist and dramatic finale of the ride, now it is a hero? What a cheap-out. You can do maitenance and improvements to ride (Peter Pan, Matterhorn, Alice) without changing the whole concept.

This is a terrible choice on Universal's part. I went to ride it one last time recently after hearing the news. It is easily the best ride in the park. Parks should be both modern and classic for a wide appeal. People can go to Disney and ride Haunted Mansion which they have enjoyed for 5 decades as well as new attractions. People have great memories of these rides.

Modifying a ride is like the George Lucas Special Editions. You are changing something that already was amazing. Jurassic Park will lose a lot of its appeal, ambience, and storytelling with this change. It will be a shadow of its former self. The ride from the ground up was designed for the attraction it holds. These modernization attempts to make it something it isn't is heartbreaking for a Universal fan like myself.

The T-Rex 'saves you' as the finale? It's the antagonist and dramatic finale of the ride, now it is a hero? What a cheap-out. You can do maitenance and improvements to ride (Peter Pan, Matterhorn, Alice) without changing the whole concept.
The ride already is “a shadow of its former self.” That’s why they’re doing this. :p

This redo makes sense business and creative because 1) The Ride needs an update. It’s too stuck in the 90’s. 2) The effects and AA desperately need to be replaced. Marketing this as a new ride makes the most sense to justify the costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.