Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish this made sense, but it's really difficult to tell what's going on with this at the moment. Kind of makes me wonder if this early section is getting turned into some sort of aquarium/viewing tank and the Mosasaur possible goes where the Ultrasaur stood - or if this structure is even going to full enclose the lagoon scenes. Either way, the coming months should be interesting. I just hope if this incarnation does eventually head to Orlando, the attraction remains completely outdoors (prior showbuilding) - the theming/landscaping there is one of the strongest assets.

Last edited:
Judging by the construction footage, it sounds like it's going to completely change things up from the original ride, at least in the first half. I have a hunch that when this ride opens, the reaction will be similar to The Last Jedi. Either people will love this and appreciate it for changing things up and not being too similar to the original, or people will hate it for not being similar enough to the old ride.

I've said this before, but I'm not too concerned about the screens. As long as there are some descent practical effects and AAs, it'll be great in my book. I doubt they're going to be lazy for the first half of the ride. If DreamWorks Theater can have a really awesome practical effect in the preshow room, how much more with this ride? Just sayin'.

Does anyone know if creature tech is on this project? Couldve sworn i heard they were involved some time ago...

If creature tech is indeed still involved, I wouldnt be too worried. I think after orlando Kong and their work on Walking with the Dinosaurs, They've proven they are next level, and can build giant, reliable and extremely lightweight AA's.

Also, those early whisperings were quite wild if i recall. I wonder if walking with the dinosaurs affected the timeline where they can build dinosaurs for other clients... Would explain a lot actually... From my understanding (and i could be very wrong) the show had exclusivity to their tech for dinosaur AA's, and with the arena tour on its way out I wonder if that period is over.

Any knowers of things care to chime in?

^They're not wrong tho.

giphy.gif

It's almost as if an extremely lightweight cutting edge AA should be protected from the elements (with a form of roof) to make reliability and maintenance easier, or something.

Thinking about it, and it never dawned on me in that way..

..in that case, I would have to sincerely think, that we should expect more enclosing along the way.

Ok guys this is not a leak but I found this on youtube. What the hell, poor stegosaurus. The tail is missing.

Heres another shot

Just in case somone tries to ban me... These photos are from youtube. This was during hhn right next to stranger things. Where the phantom opera soundstage was. Apparently the old animatronic was in full view.

Attachments

• 20181216_224906.jpg
    20181216_224906.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 20181216_225317.jpg
    20181216_225317.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by a moderator:
At this stage it's difficult to tell what the heck it's going on. It does seem like the lagoon scene will be completely enclosed, which would be a shame. By the looks of things, I would say screens are taking over the lagoon and that would be a shame. Still too early to saw how this project will turn out, but I am worried. Time will tell

Ok guys this is not a leak but I found this on youtube. What the hell, poor stegosaurus. The tail is missing.

Heres another shot

Just in case somone tries to ban me... These photos are from youtube. This was during hhn right next to stranger things. Where the phantom opera soundstage was. Apparently the old animatronic was in full view.
They detach her tail for maintainence and reskinning, so who knows if this is just to fix her up, or to throw her away at this point.

Heres another shot

Would you be able to post the link to the video? Mods I have no idea if that's allowed so my bad if it isn't

So the Stegosaurus was only there for a brief period of time..

..knowing the odds, I think it's more telling that they relegated that figure to just be dormant at space for future expansion; than that implicating that it's being salvaged.

So the Stegosaurus was only there for a brief period of time..

..knowing the odds, I think it's more telling that they relegated that figure to just be dormant at space for future expansion; than that implicating that it's being salvaged.

This was like september 15th I belive. That stegosaurus looks ripped up

Status
Not open for further replies.