1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Jurassic World: The Ride - Opening 2019

Discussion in 'Lower Lot/Studio Center' started by Brian G., May 10, 2018.

1. Ron101

Ron101 Rookie

How are we going to transition from being above water to then going underwater and then going back above water? Or is the aquarium raised above ground?

2. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

I don’t mind this for that reason but if they start using screens when they could be using AAs and have used them in the past, that’s when I see problems arising.

smoaT likes this.
  3. Tyc00n96

Tyc00n96 Rookie

Alicia I can picture it now! This is the part of the patent you mean right?

Attached Files:

Scott W. and Alicia like this.
  4. Matthew Frink

Matthew Frink Newcomer

I have always thought the area in front of the Discovery Center in IOA was perfect for a future Mosasaur Attraction. The portion overlooking the Lagoon lends itself to the use of some form of AA, whether it was just a tail breaching the water or something to that effect. Now that we are getting the Coaster in that location I feel this could still be possible if it is in fact JW themed. Just imagine the Coaster skimming the water with a Mosasaur next to it. The concrete portion in the front is very reminiscent of the Indominus death scene from JW. Highly unlikely but a man can dream right???

DSCF6649.jpg

belloq87 and Tyc00n96 like this.
  5. Kevin McCane

Kevin McCane Newcomer

What if the ride actually starts when you walk through the JW arch in the front? There won't be an entrance like JP because technically you've already entered the "park". The line would be the build up to entering the Mosasaur aquarium. Just imagining a very large room with screens (something similar to the beginning of the JW traveling exhibit where you're on a boat traveling to Nublar) that "descend" into the aquarium area like in the movie. So, figuratively, you're already underground when in line.

6. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

Yea, but wondering if instead of knocking us off course, this one is just a good smack to knock us to the side a bit while we're moving forward. Just a startle knock. Certainly looks like a wave of some sort happens in the commercial (but again, could just be for the commercial's sake).

7. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Nice commercial....but, for a ride, I'd rather have the open air beginning that's still in Orlando. That captures a mood & feeling that's hard to replace. Plus, it's giant AA's....With a much more immersive, and considerably larger, JP land in Orlando, than the corner area of a lot in Hollywood with bad sight lines , I'm hoping this stays in Hollywood. I think this is good for Hollywood, but not for Orlando.

Dhdhddh, MartyMcFly, Fallow and 2 others like this.
  8. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

I was wondering when someone would finally mention this.

The fact they have a water sprayer in the middle of the screen is actually a really cool concept.

Dhdhddh, Montagnes Russes and Alicia like this.
  9. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

8C6CD281-7F44-45AE-A94C-9AB48E619EE1.jpeg

Tyc00n96, AlexanderMBush and Alicia like this.
  10. SukaVayne73

SukaVayne73 Rookie

Yes I hope this is the flipper patent, and a good startle I am all for this can't wait.

Dhdhddh and Alicia like this.
  11. demoncarnotaur

demoncarnotaur Rookie

One thing I noticed, is a lot of people are seeing this ad and thinking the ride will now be 100% screen based.

While that's obviously not the case, hopefully Universal considers putting out some materials to alleviate those fears.

therock, Dhdhddh, belloq87 and 2 others like this.
  12. GadgetGuru

GadgetGuru Premium Member

How convinced are we that the commercial scene is inspired by the ride? Could that just be something for the commercial and the ride is different?

I feel like Universal has no shown no issues in the past about making rides look more elaborate than they are in advertising. (On the other hand, they keep using that one scene of Harry on his broom verbatim from FJ)

alias8703 likes this.
  13. BernardMesa

BernardMesa Rookie

Symbolica at Efteling has a glass/screen leaking water effect. Wonder if we'd get something similar but a tad more intense

14. Doug A.

Doug A. Member

Thats exactly what comes to mind when I see that patent @Scott W.

Scott W. likes this.
  15. BriefCasey

BriefCasey Newcomer

If this is part of the technology that "never has been seen at a theme park", I definitely approve. This could end up looking great.

Andysol likes this.
  16. WebHead1138

WebHead1138 Member

Or Universal will probably spray us with water to make us think the glass cracked

Edit: Just noticed that you posted my idea already...my bad

Alicia likes this.
  17. Dykealiscious

Dykealiscious Newcomer

I feel like there's room for some cool effects. Glass can break outward, spray water, boat jumps, which for those of us with the "stuff in water" fears is going to hurt...a lot....in a good way. What if a fin or something actually CROSSES IN FRONT of the boat. I mean I have a hard time thinking it'll just be a screen.

SukaVayne73, Alicia and Kevin McCane like this.
  18. SOCAL110

SOCAL110 Member

Love the commercial, hate the CGI Mosasaurus!

Unfortunately, @Alicia was right as usual. She called it and said that Mosaurus would be just a huge giant screen.

I'm so pissed off right now. Universal could be so stupid at times. Everyone is BEGGING for Uni to move away from screens so their answer is to replace the 1st iconic scene with a massive screen!

Do you guys really think this will be the only screen in the ride? Oh and I'm sorry, but the apologists that say that screens will only be in the background to "enhance" the experience are full of it. Mosasaurus is perhaps the most famous character in the new series, surpassing Indo & T-rex. Instead of being creative and creating a partial AA and using perhaps only the head of the beast or even having it be "underwater" to bump your boat, Uni decides to go the lazy route with another SCREEN.

No doubt, it will spray water at you to give it a "practical" effect.

Orlando fans feel lucky you aren't getting this "new ride."

Coolbfitz and Dr. Herbert West like this.
  19. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

:oO:

This is only one ad, showing the opening scene of the attraction. Also, I'm more curious about the boat shake, than I am of the screen integration.

Speaking of..wasn't that first scene completely gutted when the work was beginning? I believe it did include the track leaving.

Perhaps Universal and Vekoma are working on a version two of the boat system, with that patent shown off a few posts back?

Ryan likes this.
  20. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Y'all are acting surprised that the monsasaurus is a screen?