Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I’m late to the party here, but I find it odd that they would wait until now to instal the final scene AAs. You would think with AAs that big, they would have installed them way in advance as space is kinda tight in there.

I know I’m late to the party here, but I find it odd that they would wait until now to instal the final scene AAs. You would think with AAs that big, they would have installed them way in advance as space is kinda tight in there.

That’s because none of that was true. Nobody knows anything. This is the “my dad works at Nintendo” syndrome

Odds are they had them already assembled in an offsite warehouse for testing and refinement. Most likely while in parallel, the construction was being done in the ride for installation and new scenery and stuff. This way anything unexpected has already been worked out in the easy access of a open warehouse and not within the tight ride building.

Perhaps they were not ready for prime time.

I think they are further along with construction and testing then we think. All this talk about delays is just rumor. My opinion is that the ride is in the last part of a test and adjust phase. They seem to be focused on the entire outside area. What we have to remember about this project is it is multiple projects in one; the ride, raptor meet and greet, the gift shop,the new bar, the Jurassic Cafe. This is really a small land. When the ride was first announced it said a 9 month refurbishment, so the goal date has always been in June. Things get delayed, and aspects of the ride don't always workout the way they were suppose to. I can't imagine they are that delayed. The attraction's merchandise is now available and a commercial was released. Universal knows something we don't and I have a feeling an opening day is coming very soon. I would expect to learn more once Hagrid's coaster opens.

I think they are further along with construction and testing then we think. All this talk about delays is just rumor. My opinion is that the ride is in the last part of a test and adjust phase. They seem to be focused on the entire outside area. What we have to remember about this project is it is multiple projects in one; the ride, raptor meet and greet, the gift shop,the new bar, the Jurassic Cafe. This is really a small land. When the ride was first announced it said a 9 month refurbishment, so the goal date has always been in June. Things get delayed, and aspects of the ride don't always workout the way they were suppose to. I can't imagine they are that delayed. The attraction's merchandise is now available and a commercial was released. Universal knows something we don't and I have a feeling an opening day is coming very soon. I would expect to learn more once Hagrid's coaster opens.
Exactly

Interesting... it looks like Raptor Encounter will now be entirely enclosed, with guests going in one set of doors and exiting the other. Possibly for an experience similar to Orlando, where the raptor is only visible behind a window?

We are so close! The warning sign has been installed. It now reads "riders will get significantly wet!" Jurassic Park the ride's warning sign did not use those words. If its the same track then that means they added a scene where guests are going to get soaked. I really think there is something involving the Mosasaurus that we don't know. Or it could just be more splash cannons have been installed.
jurassic_world__mosasaur_feeding_show_by_sonichedgehog2_d87n6cu-fullview.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.