Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that was the first time we have seen anything from the queue. Not sure why IU mods removed that video. Sure it has a bunch of the same content but it did have new stuff no one has shown. Maybe he was in a questionable area where he filmed it but I am pretty sure it was in a guest area. Anyway the kid tries hard but his videos are hard to watch.

I mean, even with the barracades being at a low angle, JPLand was taking direct image and videotaping of stuff that does spoil content that hasn't been publicly shown off yet.

He had some good shots in the video, but when you factor the gal in the suit in one of those shots..

Yep... that video had great new shots. But we aren’t free to decide that ourselves on here...

It’s funny to me cause Owen was a backstage worker, working as like an advanced zookeeper training raptors specifically. And yet for some reason now he’s the face of the educational videos for a ride.

Sure, he’s a movie star and we know him from the movie, but Mr. DNA, or random actors make more sense for guest videos in-story than the dirty guy who lives in a trailer home backstage.

Not a nitpick, more like a humorous observation. I love Chris Pratt, so it’s all good for me.

It’s funny to me cause Owen was a backstage worker, working as like an advanced zookeeper training raptors specifically. And yet for some reason now he’s the face of the educational videos for a ride.

Sure, he’s a movie star and we know him from the movie, but Mr. DNA, or random actors make more sense for guest videos in-story than the dirty guy who lives in a trailer home backstage.

Not a nitpick, more like a humorous observation. I love Chris Pratt, so it’s all good for me.

Good point actually. That’s it, tear it down. Replace it with a simulator where you board his trailer and dinosaurs stomp on it/roll it around.

I'll take Chris Pratt over random actors. Do I need to remind you of the Flight of Passage pre-show? ;)

I agree to that thematically, Owen and even to an extent Claire and B.D. Wong’s character were all not necessarily the face of Jurassic World. It would technically make sense if it were some random actors, or heck even Jimmy Fallon. It would be more logical to see Fallon or I guess maybe B.D. Wong appear on screen at first to guide you only to have Claire and Owen appear when the ride goes awry. Would I want that? not necessarily, it just would make sense story wise. Plus, I think just having Owen in the queue video makes more sense for the general public.

Yeah, they’re definitely going for star power and general public brand recognition over in-universe logic. It made sense that Hammond was in the queue video for Jurassic Park, rather than, say, Grant. I love Owen, but what does he know about the Mosasaur?

Don’t mean to complain or nitpick, it’s just an interesting creative choice. Love Chris Pratt and can’t wait to see what they’ve come up with.

I was thinking the same, odd choice thematically.

That said, I'm just disapointed he's fully clothed ;)

They should have gotten Irfan Khan to reprise Simon Masrani for the queue video, and maybe brought Owen in to temporarily talk about Raptors (and act like he has more important things to be doing for a little sass and fun)

They should have gotten Irfan Khan to reprise Simon Masrani for the queue video, and maybe brought Owen in to temporarily talk about Raptors (and act like he has more important things to be doing for a little sass and fun)

Ifran was probably unavailable due to his cancer diagnosis and treatment. Fortunately it seems like he is in remission. He only just over the past couple of months is getting back into the swing of things.

I just hope JPLand or other vloggers don't put the final drop as the thumbnail of their vid in case they manage to ride during a soft open. That would suck for those who don't want the ride experience ruined. Trying to play it safe with a video blocker extension and have already muted anything pertaining to the ride. That is until I ride it.

Just noticed we do have spoiler markup, so that's good to know.

Ok folks, so here’s the thing: if you’re going to post a video update it needs to have something we have yet to see. We get you prefer other vloggers versus others, but clearly some people more prefer what gets there first. So make a decision before you post. If you spot something NEW in a video that the other hasn’t seen before, timestamp and say exactly what it is that makes it different and novel. We’re sick of just lazy media posting or “check this out!” Since the walls came down at Jurassic World, and not counting IU's own coverage, we had 3 different vlogs posted, as well as other media shared about it.

All we're trying to do is to get the discussion to be more constructive. As for the deleted video, after discussion we apologize, especially to @Kenny Motolinia and you can repost. But going forward, please be more direct on why this specific update was posted. Thank you. We’re trying our best to figure out everything and appreciate your patience.

They are testing the boats without the water dummies now, the queue video is now playing on a loop and the construction materials seem to be cleared from the area. I could be very wrong but I really think soft opening is a strong possibility for this weekend!

7NCaSwD.jpg

wt0eDrl.jpg

GyNSABN.jpg

u38hXGh.jpg

Got to try Jurassic Cafe today. Definitely an upgrade in food quality - probably the best in the park. I had the jackfruit mojo (a vegan version of the Mojo Pork).

Boats are testing and lots of workers working. I hope for softs this weekend.

Raptor Encounter sign is on. Not sure if they had any softs today.

Ok folks, so here’s the thing: if you’re going to post a video update it needs to have something we have yet to see. We get you prefer other vloggers versus others, but clearly some people more prefer what gets there first. So make a decision before you post. If you spot something NEW in a video that the other hasn’t seen before, timestamp and say exactly what it is that makes it different and novel. We’re sick of just lazy media posting or “check this out!” Since the walls came down at Jurassic World, and not counting IU's own coverage, we had 3 different vlogs posted, as well as other media shared about it.

All we're trying to do is to get the discussion to be more constructive. As for the deleted video, after discussion we apologize, especially to @Kenny Motolinia and you can repost. But going forward, please be more direct on why this specific update was posted. Thank you. We’re trying our best to figure out everything and appreciate your patience.
Thank you for the apology, next time I will be more direct in what I wanted to show. Thanks IU

Status
Not open for further replies.