Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory is that major work on the coaster will wrap up in late 2020, with the rest of the land (JPRA, CJ, etc.) closing on labor day 2020 to be upgraded for a unified JW land opening around memorial day 2021.

Also, Jurassic World 3 is scheduled for release in June 2021, so yay synergy!

My theory is that major work on the coaster will wrap up in late 2020, with the rest of the land (JPRA, CJ, etc.) closing on labor day 2020 to be upgraded for a unified JW land opening around memorial day 2021.

That's what I'm suspecting too.

It'd give them quite a bit of time to make sure that the kinks of the Intamin ride system are completely gone too, and would allow possibly, a operational Intamin coaster to hit the park (without much downtime).

Man, I didn't even think about the synergy. Great point!

Pretty rockwork. New animal enclosure show scene for the beginning of ride and visible from queue. New foliage. Likely a continuation of cave/rockwork style from Camp Jurassic with the animal enclosure styles of Jurassic World.

Not nearly as complex as Potter obviously, but more themed than some may be expecting.
Ok so here is my idea for the ride. Assuming everything does turn into JW, this ride will be based on the Raptor facility from the first movie (station/area themed to the holding enclosure). As far as the "story" the Indominus could be loose across the park and its up to us to track it down just like the movie. Coaster could be raptor themed or offroad vehicle themed not sure but the ride would turn out of the station and load onto the first launch track. 4 doors with raptor noises are along the track and the "animals" are set loose on their hunt, kicking off the ride.

They're enclosing it, and likely making the "expansive vista" screen-based.

So, instead of the 360 screen being the climax of the ride, it's the opening.

That doesn't make it F&F boat edition. There's clearly more animatronics being added, we've seen photos of them. Not to mention that we don't know the extent of the screens just yet.

Absolutely zero chance this opens in 2020. This is a 2021 addition. Potter will hold IOA for 2020. I’d also expect the JP coaster to be the last major addition at IOA until after Fantastic Worlds opens.

At the amusement parks that I am most familiar with, every other year is a more normal release format. Sometimes, every three years for the big rides. Given the amount spent on rides by Universal, your comment makes perfect sense. Doesn't do much to help us with our patience but it makes sense.

My "guess” on the timeline has nothing to do with how much theming there will be, how long construction takes, or even what other enhancements are made around the island. They simply will not put a major attraction in right after this Harry Potter one opens. We’re not talking Fallon, Kong etc we’re talking about the face of the franchise. There is zero need for it.

My "guess” on the timeline has nothing to do with how much theming there will be, how long construction takes, or even what other enhancements are made around the island. They simply will not put a major attraction in right after this Harry Potter one opens. We’re not talking Fallon, Kong etc we’re talking about the face of the franchise. There is zero need for it.
Right on. We’ve said it before, of course it *could* open sooner. Doesn’t need to take that long to build. They built Transformers in like 20 minutes. If it opens in 2021, it’s because they want it to open in 2021.

Helps that another JW film comes out that year too.

I don't know if I want our JPRA to become JWRA.

Y'all realize it's looking like that conversion is F&F: The Boat.

Universal will be watching the reactions to the Jurassic World redo with extreme scrutiny if they're considering bringing it to Orlando. They do not want a repeat of F&F, the writing was on the wall and they still went ahead.

Let's just make up a timeline assuming that the Jurassic World redo is a huge hit and it's coming to Orlando.

25th January 2019 - JPRA reopens after it's seasonal maintenance. They also announce that a new ride is coming to Jurassic Park and construction walls go up for the coaster.

Mid 2019 - Jurassic World opens in Hollywood to rave reviews. JPRA in Orlando is given the green light to go ahead with the update. The new coaster is well into construction and had two options, to be themed to Jurassic Park or Jurassic World. It goes for Jurassic World and the whole land is going to be switched.

January 2020 - JPRA closes as it would for it's seasonal maintenance but starts the conversion to Jurassic World. Camp Jurassic closes and prepares to switch Camp Cretaceous. (Kidzone is still open cause obviously and kids need a place to play) The area becomes nothing but a walled pathway for guests travelling between Kong and HP.

June 2020 - Jurassic World 3 opens. Every showing has an advert for Jurassic World in Orlando opening soon.

Fall 2020 - Jurassic World Orlando opens with two new rides, a kids play area, an improved Raptor Encounter and re-imagined Discovery Center. Crowds go wild.

Because of all the new rides at USO and WDW, I think we are going to wait until November 2021 to go back to Orlando and do another 2-week theme park marathon. I don't want to take any chances on missing this coaster!

Universal will be watching the reactions to the Jurassic World redo with extreme scrutiny if they're considering bringing it to Orlando. They do not want a repeat of F&F, the writing was on the wall and they still went ahead.

Let's just make up a timeline assuming that the Jurassic World redo is a huge hit and it's coming to Orlando.

25th January 2019 - JPRA reopens after it's seasonal maintenance. They also announce that a new ride is coming to Jurassic Park and construction walls go up for the coaster.

Mid 2019 - Jurassic World opens in Hollywood to rave reviews. JPRA in Orlando is given the green light to go ahead with the update. The new coaster is well into construction and had two options, to be themed to Jurassic Park or Jurassic World. It goes for Jurassic World and the whole land is going to be switched.

January 2020 - JPRA closes as it would for it's seasonal maintenance but starts the conversion to Jurassic World. Camp Jurassic closes and prepares to switch Camp Cretaceous. (Kidzone is still open cause obviously and kids need a place to play) The area becomes nothing but a walled pathway for guests travelling between Kong and HP.

June 2020 - Jurassic World 3 opens. Every showing has an advert for Jurassic World in Orlando opening soon.

Fall 2020 - Jurassic World Orlando opens with two new rides, a kids play area, an improved Raptor Encounter and re-imagined Discovery Center. Crowds go wild.
Jurassic World 3 comes out June 2021 (not 2020).

Jurassic World 3 comes out June 2021 (not 2020).

PassionateRepentantCrow-size_restricted.gif

If they are converting the whole land wouldn't it make more sense to just close the entire thing down rather than leave a walled pathway? It would save them from having to worry about guests every time they want to move something across the walkway. (Which will be an issue for coaster construction earlier on)

If they are converting the whole land wouldn't it make more sense to just close the entire thing down rather than leave a walled pathway? It would save them from having to worry about guests every time they want to move something across the walkway. (Which will be an issue for coaster construction earlier on)

They’ll be doing all the heavy moving about when the park is closed.

The park is a ring and if they close the pathway and you’re at Kong and want to go to HP, you’ll need to walk the full way around.

Yea, it's a true loop so they would need to provide access between the lands.

But I am thinking if they do swap over it may be done in phases as not to close all of the attractions at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.