Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 848 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An Additional thing to point out here is that Vcoaster will have a show scene prior to the first launch which can do one of two things. It’s it’s a true show scene that every ride will stop at then it’s going to bog down the ride in the instance that we have slow loading. If it acts more like a block where trains could potentially sit there for 1 second or 25 seconds then it could help buffer those variances in dispatch times.

My guess is that a new train won’t launch into the ride until a previous train has either cleared the top hat or entered the final brake run. I don’t think the second launch is going to serve as a clearing block.

Taking a guess to say it won’t launch till it clears the top hat, I don’t think there’s enough runway to stop a ride vehicle and also hold one.

Reactions: Scott W.
An Additional thing to point out here is that Vcoaster will have a show scene prior to the first launch which can do one of two things. It’s it’s a true show scene that every ride will stop at then it’s going to bog down the ride in the instance that we have slow loading. If it acts more like a block where trains could potentially sit there for 1 second or 25 seconds then it could help buffer those variances in dispatch times.

My guess is that a new train won’t launch into the ride until a previous train has either cleared the top hat or entered the final brake run. I don’t think the second launch is going to serve as a clearing block.

Are we calling this Vcoaster now? Cause that’s the best one I’ve heard so far.

Reactions: maroonmol and gator

And if we launch out of the first show scene, then the top hat logic would apply there too, meaning that the station wouldn't dispatch until the prior train had cleared the first hill/turn after the launch. My guess would be that the ride's blocks end at the station, the first hill/turn, the top hat, the middle of the brake run, and the end of the brake run.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
I'm just going to say this now, although I know the probability of it happening is close to zero. I really hope that at least two of the original palms make it back in front of the discovery center (between the top hat and heartline inversion. It would be a real nice call back to what was there before without detracting from what is the new landscape. But I don't think it's going to happen. Just wanted it to be said.

I'm just going to say this now, although I know the probability of it happening is close to zero. I really hope that at least two of the original palms make it back in front of the discovery center (between the top hat and heartline inversion. It would be a real nice call back to what was there before without detracting from what is the new landscape. But I don't think it's going to happen. Just wanted it to be said.
They brought back one? two? I would be amazed if they brought back the survivor tree, it might work near the bridge path. They have them staged just need a place to plant them.

Last edited:
The concept art pretty clearly shows a bunch of the original tall palms back in front of the Discovery Center:
nightview.jpeg

And if we launch out of the first show scene, then the top hat logic would apply there too, meaning that the station wouldn't dispatch until the prior train had cleared the first hill/turn after the launch. My guess would be that the ride's blocks end at the station, the first hill/turn, the top hat, the middle of the brake run, and the end of the brake run.

I think you’re spot on bud, this is what I’m thinking too.

The concept art pretty clearly shows a bunch of the original tall palms back in front of the Discovery Center:
nightview.jpeg
If it happens, I would be thrilled. And I am hopeful. The numbers of trees in the concept art are greater than the number that was originally there, so some new ones mixed in are okay with me. I've noticed that some of the original trees are planted along side the paddock area already. Just wanted some of the original palms back in front of the discovery center, so it would be visually appealing to look at across the lagoon from the port of entry and would kind of call back to what was there. And I just wanted it to be said and read here. Possibly someone on Universal creative reads the forums and would see it and it would spark something. But if it's in the concept art, it's at least a possibility. And I hadn't seen the art before now. Thanks for sharing!

I think it damages the surface as it grows.

Yeah that's true. If you ever want to take it off it damages the wall pretty bad, but it's a show building though so shouldn't matter too much? The Getty Center Parking lot structure and entrance area looks so nice with vine all over. But it definitely costs more money with upkeep. Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 6.55.03 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.