Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It definitely looks much better than i was expecting when they first started to go up. Definitely need to see it all together to really make a decision though. I'd gotten very attached to the idea of TRex enclosure style fencing, but probably not as safe and more JP vs JW.

Wow, Harmonius barges look great

I’m hoping we get more trees and shrubbery throughout the entire land.

My biggest fear was that the land would double down on the metal and concrete aesthetic of JW. I’m fine with some of that, but it’s not pretty.

Also, metal and concrete make for unbearable summer afternoons.
I was spoiled being able to experience IOA JP in 1999...It literally felt like there were miles of land behind the electric fences

Yes

I don't mind seeing Hogwarts in the land, but the showbuilding is another story
Yes, and having the castle loom over the trees is somewhat menacing. Ideally they would extend the facade but...unlikely.

I do think that bringing more paddock theming helps bring the land thematically in line with the movies. Now you have a touch of menace to complement the bright foliage.

Everything for the VelociCoaster is great, but this last photo is just glaring in how much the FJ building stands out. All they would have to do is paint that greys and blues (and maybe add a few more palms) and it would fit it in with the land, but as in, it sticks out like a sore thumb. And yes, I know i'm being nit-picky, but this is a theme park and we should expect better.

But just regarding the VelociCoaster stuff, it looks great as I said.
EntkYDsWEAAhaaS

Everything for the VelociCoaster is great, but I this last photo is just glaring in how much the FJ building stands out. All they would have to do is paint that greys and blues (and maybe add a few more palms) and it would fit it in with the land, but as in, it sticks out like a sore thumb. And yes, I know i'm being nit-picky, but this is a theme park and we should expect better.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but there is an argument that jurassic world/park would have show buildings like that in it. Still would be better if it was camouflaged somehow.

That being said, Hogwarts castle is a bit of a stretch!

They expect me to go near that thing with those big gaps that a raptor could easily figure a way out of... let’s put bars below and wire up top but leave the middle open...

No way. I ain’t becoming raptor chow.
I think you are safe from the big ones but those hatchlings attack in groups and go right trough those gaps...the danger is lurking everywhere.

Everything for the VelociCoaster is great, but I this last photo is just glaring in how much the FJ building stands out. All they would have to do is paint that greys and blues (and maybe add a few more palms) and it would fit it in with the land, but as in, it sticks out like a sore thumb. And yes, I know i'm being nit-picky, but this is a theme park and we should expect better.

But just regarding the VelociCoaster stuff, it looks great as I said.
EntkYDsWEAAhaaS

I don't think it stands out that much given the industrial design of the land anyway.

It would be so easy to hide it if they wanted to. Hell, cover it in a giant camouflage net and it would look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.