Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised Animal Kingdom animal staff haven't come in and staged a vile of predator urine or something up there to scare off the osprey until the ride starts cycling regularly.

I'm surprised Animal Kingdom animal staff haven't come in and staged a vile of predator urine or something up there to scare off the osprey until the ride starts cycling regularly.

Many birds don't have the greatest sense of smell and also don't pay attention to stuff like predator urine (really? On a coaster forum?). They will give up on building the nest eventually, especially if they are disturbed enough. Right now, it's a high vantage point that is protected from land predators (I am guessing that they don't know that velociraptors can climb) and thus a seemingly great place for a nest. It might not even be the same osprey pair. It's probably a shady Osprey Real Estate agent who keeps marketing the location to young osprey couples looking for a starter nest.

Many birds don't have the greatest sense of smell and also don't pay attention to stuff like predator urine (really? On a coaster forum?). They will give up on building the nest eventually, especially if they are disturbed enough. Right now, it's a high vantage point that is protected from land predators (I am guessing that they don't know that velociraptors can climb) and thus a seemingly great place for a nest. It might not even be the same osprey pair. It's probably a shady Osprey Real Estate agent who keeps marketing the location to young osprey couples looking for a starter nest.
discounted covid rates applied. ;)

I'm waiting for day and night cycling to see if it goes anywhere. They could always build a tower of equal height I suppose
There's a number of things that they can try to detract the ospreys. Birds in general don't like the smell of anomia. Possibly have a container or system to have some up there in the evening time when the coaster isn't operational. They could also put fake snakes just under the track rails. Owls work well too. But if none of those things work, wildlife management could of course capture them and relocate them far away. But, that would be a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.