Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 870 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh my imagination runs wild with the potential of a gyrosphere ride...

Should have gone in the expansion pad where Kong currently sits. Comcast Universal jumped the gun IMO.

Watching this thing test at night is marvelous. Can’t wait to ride High in the Sky... and watch this and Hulk dance around in the dark.

The vast majority of the general public won't notice anything concerning JP/JW. Heck, I've been reading this thread and I won't even notice it, or care, once I visit. I'm just going to enjoy the land, fully fleshed out, and containing
a great new attraction that isn't messing with the sightlines like I was fearing. This is just a pure plus plus for Universal and it's guests. ....and I'm not even much of a coaster fan, but I like/love the addition.

Last edited:
I have to imagine any gyrosphere concept would have still ended up being a Spider-Man/Transformers variant, anyway.

The JW/JP looks also are not working for me, I just can’t imagine it doesn’t get the full JW treatment eventually. It makes sense pre or during Covid to have phased it I guess, but we need it. It’s beginning to look weird imo and a tad out of place. Ready to be in the minority

JURASSIC PARK is the movie with the proven longevity, influence, and "beloved classic" status.

JURASSIC WORLD is the current fad. It may eventually have some longevity, but until such time, I think it makes sense to still lean on some JP influence.

JURASSIC PARK is the movie with the proven longevity, influence, and "beloved classic" status.

JURASSIC WORLD is the current fad. It may eventually have some longevity, but until such time, I think it makes sense to still lean on some JP influence.
Jurassic is Jurassic. It's a bad take to call half of the entire franchise a fad, when the movies break box office records and sell a boatload of merchandise. I'm not sure why everyone has such a fractured view on it. Jurassic World may be a soft reboot, but it is literally a sequel to JP, TLW, and JPIII as well. We're in the same universe, nothing has been retconned- only fleshed out. Just because it may not resonate with JP's target audience doesn't mean JW doesn't resonate with the 21st century's version of the same target audience.

The fact of the matter is, it's one franchise. Park and World are not mutually exclusive, and it makes sense that Universal is representing both parts of it.

Jurassic is Jurassic. It's a bad take to call half of the entire franchise a fad, when the movies break box office records and sell a boatload of merchandise. I'm not sure why everyone has such a fractured view on it. Jurassic World may be a soft reboot, but it is literally a sequel to JP, TLW, and JPIII as well. We're in the same universe, nothing has been retconned- only fleshed out. Just because it may not resonate with JP's target audience doesn't mean JW doesn't resonate with the 21st century's version of the same target audience.

The fact of the matter is, it's one franchise. Park and World are not mutually exclusive, and it makes sense that Universal is representing both parts of it.

You're refuting claims I didn't make, and reading into my comments things that weren't there.

You're refuting claims I didn't make, and reading into my comments things that weren't there.
Only part directed at you was me taking issue with calling Jurassic World a fad. I apologize if it seemed otherwise. I've started to get a lil triggered by constant ragging on JW like it isn't the best, and most coherent JP sequel. Calling it a "fad" would imply it's not leaving lasting cultural significance, and I wholeheartedly disagree. I did however agree with you that it makes sense for them to lean on JP and JW(being the sixth highest grossing movie of all-time, one could argue it deserves more representation than it's getting)

I'm just tired of the "ugh you got your JW in my JP!" conjecture we see pop up in this thread once a month. It is becoming tiring. It's not a jarring enough of an aesthetic change to warrant any amount of worry(though the coaster train is a bit out there). I've long thought that our dreams of a cohesive land for JP died when Kong took residence on the expansion pad. In the absence of a Diagon-level Jurassic land, I can accept the Jurassic "Greatest Hits Land" that we're getting.

Last edited:
I wonder if the ride lights are something like, "The raptors have been trained to not attack these light configurations" and then something goes awry with the lighting.

Once again, it really feels like Universal is flexin' when it comes to recent additions. It's one thing to put in something like Hagrid, which is a smash hit. But to follow up that up in IOA with this? This could very well be one of the better One-Two Punch additions I've seen in a while.
Bourne Stuntactular says hi, as well.

I can't wait to ride this one day.
It looks just absolutely gorgeous and perfect. I knew they'd do a fantastic job with the final product.

I also wanna note: is it odd for anyone else that the Velicoaster is Jurassic World themed when the land it's in is all Jurassic Park.
Just thought it was curious for them to do that. Considering Hollywood got a whole refurbished theme to World and Orlando is merely just throwing a attraction in with the older aesthetic.
(Although I shamefully wouldn't mind if they remodeled the Visitors Center to be the Samsung Innovation Center. I'm a monster, I know!)

Status
Not open for further replies.