Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Waits & Uptime | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Waits & Uptime

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Team Members have said that if the ride soft opens, they will be able to post the wait time to the app.

(Not saying it will happen today, but when and if it does, that might be a way to find out without waiting by the path all day.)

Alicia - This is welcome news (if true). We will be there the first week in June. I was dreading the thought of standing in line with my kids just hoping it opens for softs. This is a two day drive for us, so who knows when we will be back. Kiddo's want to ride it just once (they have seen too many youtube videos of this thing, talk about hype).

So if the Park adds this to the app before June 10, it would be awesome.

Team Members have said that if the ride soft opens, they will be able to post the wait time to the app.

(Not saying it will happen today, but when and if it does, that might be a way to find out without waiting by the path all day.)
Saw that it soft opened today and no wait time as of now on the app. Fingers crossed they do soon.

Going to be checking this page and Twitter incessantly tomorrow in hopes to get on :drool:

I was out all day yesterday, but it looks like this thing had super low waits (posted 60-75, actual shorter) and continues to be a capacity beast?

So is velocicoaster a people eater, parks are actually not that busy, or ioa is back to having its original ride count since dragon challenge? Or other?

We thinking this’ll open again today?

EDIT: Oh, wait a sec. It’s open, so shows Twitter reports, but the app says it’s closed. I’m going!

Last edited:
So is VC seeming to be open most of the day or is it more intermittently?

Obviously it’s in technical rehearsals and could stop running any time, but just wondering what it’s been like since tech rehearsals have started.

So is VC seeming to be open most of the day or is it more intermittently?

Obviously it’s in technical rehearsals and could stop running any time, but just wondering what it’s been like since tech rehearsals have started.
Didn't open until almost 10 today but was open the whole day.

Also regarding the singlet rider line... They were not controlling it well because the people in singles were waiting way longer than the regular queue. Saw someone who got into singles around the same time as us and they were at the bottom of the stairs when we were upstairs.

Also regarding the singlet rider line... They were not controlling it well because the people in singles were waiting way longer than the regular queue. Saw someone who got into singles around the same time as us and they were at the bottom of the stairs when we were upstairs.
It’s similar to Rockit. Unlike rides with 4 seats per row, 2 per row rides require singles less so you don’t always save time waiting. It’s does make it easier on TMs to fill all seats though, even if it doesn’t really help you.

I only go into a single line on select rides it's really not worth it on some rides