Justice League (2017/2021) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Justice League (2017/2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How about a new Batman? Is a new Batman the answer? We think a new Batman is the answer.

Realistically - I would have had Batman take on the Nick Fury role and release WW, Aquaman, then Man of Steel 2, then do Batman V Superman (being a lot different of a movie) as the JL set-up.

Since that's not what they did - a new Batman movie would be the last movie I'd release among the 4 (again, I'd completely kill the Cyborg movie coming out), but I'd be lying if I said it's not piquing my curiosity... :lol: Just hope they can keep Affleck. If he leaves, kill the movie completely.

Reactions: jtsalien
I’m mixed on the film. As someone who didn’t hate BvS, I kind of didn’t know what to expect with this. I liked Afflecks performance in BvS, but I felt he kind of phoned it in here.

I always liked the more grounded, gritty nature of Batman, so I guess seeing him with aliens turned me off. I also don’t think the other heroes were fleshed out enough. They tried to give Flash and Cyborg back stories but I feel like they needed another movie to establish them more. Aquaman was just there.

I don’t want to sound like a Marvel apologist but that’s where they were succesful with the MCU. We got to connect with Iron Man for 2 movies, Cap and Thor for 1. Hulk was recast but Hulk is Hulk. So that’s why it was so cool to see them all together in Avengers. In Justice League it was just “meh”. I wouldn’t say it was bad, just didn’t love it.

Nah, Affleck is perfect. But I do feel WB is making his time come to an end.
It's not WB pushing him out. In several recent interviews (and previous reports), he's been trying to get out of it himself. After The Batman started going under drastic revisions (like cutting Slade), it seems he got over it real quick.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
It's not WB pushing him out. In several recent interviews (and previous reports), he's been trying to get out of it himself. After The Batman started going under drastic revisions (like cutting Slade), it seems he got over it real quick.

Again I’m going to sound like a Marvel shill, but Marvel seems to have an idea what they want to do with the movies way ahead of time. Thanos has been the endgame for years now. All of the actors seem to enjoy and embrace the roles

With the DCU, you keep hearing about the runtimes being cut, reshoots, director changes etc. They had to bring Cavill back for reshoots while he’s filming Mission Impossible. So of course, he can’t shave his mustache that he was contractually obliged to have for the film. So now you get the silliness of them having to CGI the mustache off. It’s a mess

Reactions: captainmoch
Went to see it out of reluctance, and ended up not liking this. Rushed, all over the place, too serious, bland, and just....not good.

Cyborg and Aquaman felt too forced. They should’ve been more fleshed out. Some moments felt pointless as it just didn’t seem to add up to anything, namely Wonder Woman’s and Supernan’s first scenes (Is Superman really a spoiler now? Everyone knows).

Another flaw this movie had was a really terrible villain. Some of his lines were hilariously bad and his character felt super one-dimensional.

So yeah, DC better get with it.

Went to see it out of reluctance, and ended up not liking this. Rushed, all over the place, too serious, bland, and just....not good.

Cyborg and Aquaman felt too forced. They should’ve been more fleshed out. Some moments felt pointless as it just didn’t seem to add up to anything, namely Wonder Woman’s and Supernan’s first scenes (Is Superman really a spoiler now? Everyone knows).

Another flaw this movie had was a really terrible villain. Some of his lines were hilariously bad and his character felt super one-dimensional.

So yeah, DC better get with it.
Don't give me flashbacks to the opening credits.....

So i finally got round to watching Justice League last night, movie had some good moments but good lord that CGI job on Carvill's lip was atrocious, I could have done a better job. Also to anyone who has seen it did I hear the Keaton era Batman theme mixed in at some points and I also heard classic Superman in there too.

...I didn't think I'd ressurect this thread without the intent..but..

In the manner of a day, quite a lot of JL2017's cast and crew (alongside outsiders from other past DC projects) have all called out on Twitter of the subject of the Snyder Cut, posting the famous/infamous (depending on what's your preference) hashtag as a message.

Gal Gadot, took the first crack.

Then after, Ben Affleck, Zach Snyder, and David Ayer have all gone public about it today as-well (Additionally, Scott Derrickson has also retweeted Snyder's tweet). And in the past, Jason Momoa has also spoken out in regards to releasing the Snyder Cut in the past. This comes from past reports of the Snyder Cut in the wild, as music from Junkie XL has apparently been completed.

So to bring a question..would you want or even care of a Snyder cut? Personally..as I've seen this develop for the past few months, part of me wonders if they may be getting it ready for HBOMax.

Last edited:
Looking at how Snyder's previous DC efforts turned out, I seriously doubt it's as good as they say.

I don't think thats the point of this movement. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but at least the man deserves to have his true vision presented regardless of whether its good or bad.

I'd love to see the Snyder cut, I know I'm biased but the stuff that was cut (Diana talking to Uxas, Flash using the speed force and Cyborg getting the Darkseid vision) all sound so awesome to me. People confuse Synder's vision as a grand scheme that was being compared to the MCU when he really wanted it to be a limited run central to his Superman that ended with the JL films with potential for the other characters to be fleshed out through different means.

If it does happen to be on HBO Max, count me as a Day One subscriber. But I don't know. We've come so close and still, nothing.

I don't think thats the point of this movement. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but at least the man deserves to have his true vision presented regardless of whether its good or bad.
Just because a "cut" exists, doesn't mean it's finished with VFX and everything, so that could be a major problem right there. HOWEVER, with HBO Max coming out, releasing the Snyder Cut to the service after finishing it up would be interesting to possibly draw people into subscribing.

Personally though, I think the "Snyder Cut" is probably best left as this giant myth that it has become. Everyone seems to think it's this great thing that WB is holding hostage. Once people actually saw it they'd probably be disappointed.

Reactions: HereWeGo
Just because a "cut" exists, doesn't mean it's finished with VFX and everything, so that could be a major problem right there. HOWEVER, with HBO Max coming out, releasing the Snyder Cut to the service after finishing it up would be interesting to possibly draw people into subscribing.

Mamoa and JL's cinematographer claim that it is, with the latter helping Snyder after his departure.

Again, I don't think it's a "great thing", I just want to see the MoS trilogy properly conclude. Cavill deserves justice and even called out Whedon's cut as something that "didn't work". The cast obviously loves Snyder and I think he deserves to get to present what he put together.

Mamoa and JL's cinematographer claim that it is, with the latter helping Snyder after his departure.

Again, I don't think it's a "great thing", I just want to see the MoS trilogy properly conclude. Cavill deserves justice and even called out Whedon's cut as something that "didn't work". The cast obviously loves Snyder and I think he deserves to get to present what he put together.
Again though, just because he has a "cut" doesn't mean it's even close to presentable. There could be many millions worth of VFX work that need to go into his cut to finish it and that would require hiring people to do the work, so to WB, is it really worth all of that trouble for the minimal PR gain it would give them? Or because Snyder "Deserves it"?

Again though, just because he has a "cut" doesn't mean it's even close to presentable. There could be many millions worth of VFX work that need to go into his cut to finish it and that would require hiring people to do the work, so to WB, is it really worth all of that trouble for the minimal PR gain it would give them? Or because Snyder "Deserves it"?

I meant the first statement as Mamoa claimed Snyder finished the VFX on his own (which I believe he implied in an MTV interview after watching the cut), but fair enough. I don't think it's a clean presentable cut either, and I honestly doubt this will ever see the light of day, but the fact that there is traction for it at least makes me happy.

Reactions: Nick
The movie isn't ever going to be good, Snyder cut or not. Execs make stupid decisions all the time, but there's no way they watched Snyder's cut and decided "let's hire an expensive director to shoot more material, spending many tens of millions, to fix something that is already great."

The vision was flawed. There's a reason it changed.

The movie isn't ever going to be good, Snyder cut or not. Execs make stupid decisions all the time, but there's no way they watched Snyder's cut and decided "let's hire an expensive director to shoot more material, spending many tens of millions, to fix something that is already great."

Ready Player One begs to differ.

Tsujihara thought No Mans Land was a terrible scene and it almost cost Patty Jenkins an arm and a leg to keep it in. You gotta remember this was under different oversight during this time in WB's period.

Even Whedon's 80 page revision was cut by WB.

Ready Player One begs to differ.

Tsujihara thought No Mans Land was a terrible scene and it almost cost Patty Jenkins an arm and a leg to keep it in. You gotta remember this was under different oversight during this time in WB's period.

Even Whedon's 80 page revision was cut by WB.

No idea what you're trying to say with Ready Player One.

The evidence I need to indicate Snyder's cut of Justice League would have been deeply flawed (beyond the decision to bring in a new director) is Batman v Superman and Man of Steel. Warner Bros. didn't want another one of those, so they took a swing at something different.

I stand by my point. All studios make stupid calls, but that doesn't change Snyder's track record.

In a weird turn of events, Sam Benjamin has seemingly confirmed he was cast as Green Lantern (Hal) in Justice League, in a post liked by Snyder on Vero/ now deleted tweet