Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

King Kong Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2012
Winston-Salem
Figured we may as well start a thread for it and let the journey begin!

I certainly would love to know how they will retheme this entire area to do this. Wont be difficult but it intrigues me!

[HASHTAG]#Kongreturns[/HASHTAG]

Yeah I'm expecting San Francisco to get rethemed completely! In fact, I think all of it will get sucked into New York with Beetlejuice housing a new Broadway show, maybe Wicked?

Either way I think we can agree Summer 2015 is the real Year to Be Here!!

^^That certainly would be an interesting concept. I think Beetlejuice needs to go as well.

I also wonder if they will have to build an entirely new building to house this thing. Seems to me that they will.

I hope it uses a Kong animatronic and not 3D screens like Kong 360. This is so exciting though. Glad to see that Universal has not forgotten about classics. Sounds like this will be a new great dark ride.

Well USO92, I agree - Beetlejuice doesn't fit at all in a New York or even San Francisco setting. Plus we keep hearing that Wicked is coming to USF soon, so this would give them a good reason to!! And I'd definitely say that the Disaster building will expand while part of the excess extended queue will most likely get turned into ride space. I'm just excited that a brand new Kong ride is coming - not a Kong 360 clone

So much for it being only on The Stash and only for "Members Only".

The news is out all over the web lol Trust me its no longer just for members :thumbs:

And mahnamahna I kind of figured that that excess queue would be used for ride space but that also will seem to eliminate an area for a house. Will be interesting to see what HTF has to say.

What makes me happy is that Universal could have just easily kept the Disaster RV and put up video screens in the subway station and called it "Kong 360", yet they are apparently giving us a brand new dark ride, thank goodness!

Yeah by tomorrow everyone will know that Kong is back :D

And I'd be fine with that - to be honest, USO92, I'm not a HHN fan so I would take a Kong E ticket any day!! Me too... I figure around Christmas, we'll hear more about Kong and JP

Hulk, I agree. Im glad they certainly arent being cheap *cough disney *cough and taking the low route.

And mahnamahna I figure as soon as construction begins in JP is when we will see Disaster come down. I will be sure to give it one last go at the end of July!

Yeah Im expecting a September-October close date for Disaster. I'm gonna miss that ride - maybe Christopher Walken could be included in the Kong ride? :D

And I'm hopin for giant AAs!! No screens for a while after Potter :)

Do you think they will leave the track the same, or expand it to have connecting stations? i think it would have low capacity if they dont connect it.

Do you think they will leave the track the same, or expand it to have connecting stations? i think it would have low capacity if they dont connect it.

Pretty sure HTF said Kong is a brand new ride with a new track and everything. I expected Disaster to be gutted or demolished

I wonder if there will be a last ride ceremony type thing for disaster or just close it like BTTF- i think they will just completely tear down the building, but HTF said something about a new RV making me thing they are going to keep the track and one RV type thing and just change the set, or add screens like 360

I never considered the possibility of Disaster closing before HHN ended. I guess it depends on what's happening to the building. November 3rd at latest (or earliest?)

Status
Not open for further replies.