King of the Hill Rebot (Hulu) | Inside Universal Forums

King of the Hill Rebot (Hulu)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jerroddragon

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2017

" Hulu is laying out the welcome mat for the Hill family: the streamer is reviving King of the Hill from 20th Television Animation, with co-creators Mike Judge and Greg Daniels set to return, as well as the beloved former cast.

Judge will reprise his role as Hank Hill, while Kathy Najimy will be back as his wife Peggy, Stephen Root as Bill, Pamela Adlon as Bobby Hill, Johnny Hardwick as Dale and Lauren Tom as Minh. The reboot has been in the works since the 2017 San Francisco Sketchfest, where Judge and Daniels reconnected with the cast and celebrated the 20th anniversary of the old Fox animated show. "

I'm so happy right now, we need this show really bad right now

*edit...title should be reboot....sorry was too excited)

Have you seen cobra Kai?

give it a chance

Nope, never seen any of the Karate Kid movies either. Society is different now than late 90s/early 2000s and I don't think I want these characters to exist in modern times. I guess I will just have to see how it turns out.

Nope, never seen any of the Karate Kid movies either. Society is different now than late 90s/early 2000s and I don't think I want these characters to exist in modern times. I guess I will just have to see how it turns out.
I actually think it can work just fine, the show certainly wasn't ashamed to live in the conservative space, but there's other animated shows out there that in the more modern era have done a very similar thing to King of the Hill. F is for Family comes to mind, and that show was brilliant. It's just all in the writing.

Reactions: Tobias and n i c k
Its literally a show about generation trauma and learning about new cultures/ideas

Its the perfect time for this show

Reactions: GAcoaster
Its literally a show about generation trauma and learning about new cultures/ideas

Its the perfect time for this show

I must just be a wet blanket, but I personally don't find much humor in a lot of the (ongoing) trauma that may be turned into jokes here.

I must just be a wet blanket, but I personally don't find much humor in a lot of the (ongoing) trauma that may be turned into jokes here.
Yeah then its not for you

But I love those kinda shows, Bob's Burgers has lots of that and its very nice to see in media

Yeah then its not for you

But I love those kinda shows, Bob's Burgers has lots of that and its very nice to see in media

I love Bob's Burgers. To me, the topical nature of the humor on Bob's Burgers is not the same type of stuff I expect out of a King of the Hill reboot. I guess only time will tell--ultimately I hope it does well and I am way off base here. As a slight aside, I am curious how they handle Dale's character. It has been long assumed(I don't think confirmed) that the character was based on early Alex Jones, who was a whole lot more harmless with his conspiracies 20 years ago.

Reactions: jseal777
I actually think it can work just fine, the show certainly wasn't ashamed to live in the conservative space, but there's other animated shows out there that in the more modern era have done a very similar thing to King of the Hill. F is for Family comes to mind, and that show was brilliant. It's just all in the writing.

While I'm a tad cautious about this reboot, you're quite right that it's all in the writing for this kind of show. Mike Judge clearly still has it as Bevis and Butt-Head Do the Universe turned out pretty darn good, so that could bode well for KotH.

I love Bob's Burgers. To me, the topical nature of the humor on Bob's Burgers is not the same type of stuff I expect out of a King of the Hill reboot. I guess only time will tell--ultimately I hope it does well and I am way off base here. As a slight aside, I am curious how they handle Dale's character. It has been long assumed(I don't think confirmed) that the character was based on early Alex Jones, who was a whole lot more harmless with his conspiracies 20 years ago.
Disney owns King Of The Hill. They didn't approve a reboot if it was going to be controversial. They want a show that it is going to capture the essence of the original show, give people a nostalgic feeling from when they watched the original, and more than anything a reason to subscribe to Hulu.

Disney owns King Of The Hill. They didn't approve a reboot if it was going to be controversial. They want a show that it is going to capture the essence of the original show, give people a nostalgic feeling from when they watched the original, and more than anything a reason to subscribe to Hulu.
You know they have two Justin Rollin (rick and Morty guy) on Hulu and both are very much not PC or Disney branded yet they are on the service

Lets wait for a trailer before speculating that Mike Judge is a Disney sell out

You know they have two Justin Rollin (rick and Morty guy) on Hulu and both are very much not PC or Disney branded yet they are on the service

Lets wait for a trailer before speculating that Mike Judge is a Disney sell out
I didn't say it was going to be Disney branded as King of the Hill obviously won't be just as Solar Opposites isn't. Almost nothing on Hulu is. My point was Disney owns it and there's certain things they wont allow up front simply to avoid certain kinds of controversy.

Justin Roiland is also no longer involved with Solar Opposites or Koala Man because of the kind of controversy the like to stay out of.

King of the Hill has actually aged well compared to Family Guy and other shows that came out at the same time. I'm hopeful for the new episodes.

Reactions: Jerroddragon