"King-sized" People on Universal Orlando Rides | Inside Universal Forums

"King-sized" People on Universal Orlando Rides

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 27, 2016
KingStefan is a somewhat King-sized person, unfortunately, at least in girth if not so much in height!

Put me at around 69" 230lbs. Will I have trouble with any of the Universal Orlando rides? WDW is great about fitting my size people into their ride vehicles. What about UO?

Reactions: williamhansard
KingStefan is a somewhat King-sized person, unfortunately, at least in girth if not so much in height!

Put me at around 69" 230lbs. Will I have trouble with any of the Universal Orlando rides? WDW is great about fitting my size people into their ride vehicles. What about UO?

Rides you could have issues on are Forbiddeon Journey, Dudley, Mummy, Rip Ride Rockit, and Gringotts. All these have test seats out front you can try to see if you fit. If you can't fit you can still walk through the queue.

Hulk and Dragons Challenge also have similar restrictions but offer seats in select rows that allow for bigger bodies.

Put me at around 69" 230lbs. Will I have trouble with any of the Universal Orlando rides? WDW is great about fitting my size people into their ride vehicles. What about UO?[/QUOTE

The way i have heard it explained is, the shape of your body more than weight will keep you from being able to ride.
Seems like people with large stomachs, chests, are more likely to run into problems than someone with larger lower half

testtrack is right - but to hopefully ease your mind; a friend of mine who is a bit heftier had no problem getting on Gringotts, Mummy, & Rockit.

Rides you could have issues on are Forbiddeon Journey, Dudley, Mummy, Rip Ride Rockit, and Gringotts. All these have test seats out front you can try to see if you fit. If you can't fit you can still walk through the queue.

Hulk and Dragons Challenge also have similar restrictions but offer seats in select rows that allow for bigger bodies.

To add to this slightly, it looks like the new Hulk trains have the bigger seats spread out, there is definitely one in the front row now from the official photos so you should be able to enjoy the coaster from more places.

I am larger than that and the 2 attractions I have had trouble with were Dr Doom's Fear Fall, and Dudley. I cannot fit in the regular seats on Hulk, FJ, Dragons, but have no problem on the bigger seats.

Gringotts has special seats for bigger people. A couple of times they put me in those seats when I was in the single rider line and my feet did not come anywhere near touching the floor of the train. I'm 5'8'.

Someone on another board suggested that waist size might be more useful that weight. That's a very good point. I know I posted height as well, but unless you're an expert of some kind, I suppose it's hard to judge what that means.

So, having said that, has anyone with a 43-44"+ waist (105-115+ cm) had any problems?

Honestly, your best bet is to use the test seats outside the attractions. The attractions with test seats out front are even designated on the park map.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think length and waist will be more important that weight. Weight is more of a water park thing. I have issues on most rides because of my legs and waist. Nothing that prevents me from riding, just not as comfortable riding sometimes. Which also goes into what clothes I wear. I wear loose fitting clothes and crocs most of the time and its a breeze.

It's all a really mixed bag for me. I'm 6'5, 280 so I'm pretty much a big smelly ogre. The only ride that I HAVE to sit on the modified seat for is Dragon Challenge. If I don't, I can literally hardly breathe. I find a lot of the modified seating is a gamble, because (no offense) it's for much..larger people (people with really big stomachs). So I will often sit down, have the bigger restraint plop over me, then my shoulders don't hurt, but the restraint still leaves me with a ton of room to bounce around, which can be quite painful.

So for me, it's much more about height than girth. I often return home from an Orlando vacation with shoulders full of purple and red broken blood vessels.

I'm glad this thread is here, I was too embarrassed to start one myself. I have similar concerns (I'm more of a hobbit build; short with a prominent paunch), so it is great to have this info, thanks everyone.

I'm a fatty at 5'10, 280lbs, 44" waist (mostly thighs, belly, but sizable chest as well). Had my manhood crushed twice on Gringotts and once on Mummy when they forced the bars down an extra click. On my second mummy ride, I was able to get an adequate lock myself by pressing myself into the seat and bringing the bar down swiftly. Was a much more comfortable ride that time. I tested the outside seat on FJ, but didn't get a green light. The TM said there was another seat inside that was more accurate so I went through anyway. Skipped the test seat since they were attending to someone else and went straight to the ride. Took a few tries... Got the first click myself. Second click was a TM pushing it down, but he couldn't get the third. Then another TM came over, I sucked it in, and there were able to double team it for the 3rd click. Gave them the thumbs off and off I went! Was an amazing ride, probably my favorite.

EDIT: No issue at all with Dudley. Didn't get to ride Dr. Doom, Dragon Challenge, or Rip Ride Rockit. Neck issues and hung out with the little one for those.

Pic for reference :)
13319823_1302975299731349_7197513418440911490_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad this thread is here, I was too embarrassed to start one myself. I have similar concerns (I'm more of a hobbit build; short with a prominent paunch), so it is great to have this info, thanks everyone.
That's my concern, too. I'm also a hobbit type.
I'm a fatty at 5'10, 280lbs, 44" waist (mostly thighs, belly, but sizable chest as well). Had my manhood crushed twice on Gringotts and once on Mummy when they forced the bars down an extra click. On my second mummy ride, I was able to get an adequate lock myself by pressing myself into the seat and bringing the bar down swiftly. Was a much more comfortable ride that time. I tested the outside seat on FJ, but didn't get a green light. The TM said there was another seat inside that was more accurate so I went through anyway. Skipped the test seat since they were attending to someone else and went straight to the ride. Took a few tries... Got the first click myself. Second click was a TM pushing it down, but he couldn't get the third. Then another TM came over, I sucked it in, and there were able to double team it for the 3rd click. Gave them the thumbs off and off I went! Was an amazing ride, probably my favorite.

EDIT: No issue at all with Dudley. Didn't get to ride Dr. Doom, Dragon Challenge, or Rip Ride Rockit. Neck issues and hung out with the little one for those.

Thanks, sporadic! That was an extremely useful post! I really appreciate that info.

PLUS, I swear, if I photoshopped my head on that photo, even people who know me well would be fooled! That's almost exactly my body type. Well, a few years ago, anyway. I've made a concerted effort to drop a few pounds, so I've lost some of the belly, but still basically the same general appearance. So your comments are very useful, thanks very much.

Great pic, btw!