1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Knott’s Scary Farm 2019

Discussion in 'Other California Parks' started by Freak, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Take this for what you will but a little birdie told me some interesting tid-bits about what may happen this year:

-Red Barn will retire along with the venue. It will become a permentamt beer garden/refreshment building.

-Trick or Treat is finally leaving and Paranormal Inc will become the new flashlight maze.

-I think one other maze is leaving. Can’t rememver if it’s Shadowlands or Special Ops.

Chris Galindo and Fallow like this.
  2. k_peek_2000

k_peek_2000 Veteran Member

Special Ops will not come back. I believe they're shipping the guns and tech to another Cedar Fair park.

3. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Special Ops has worn out its welcome, but I hope they reship them back to Knott's once they're ready to revisit that concept.

I would bet they're sending them to CGA. That tends to be where the leftovers from Scary Farm go.

4. Dykealiscious

Dykealiscious Newcomer

This year will be my first to KSF. I have history with UHN and SFMMFF. I have ticketing questions.

Does this event function like the UHN day night combo ticket? I see there's an evening only option for KSF portion. If someone wants to go to the park during the day and the event at night what does that usually cost (ISH) or is there an option to combine them? Any recommendations given that? I have disability so I typically don't need front of the line access upgrades. I scoured the internet and am having a difficult time finding answers to this. Maybe i'm just lame.

5. kingcooger

kingcooger Member

There is not an option to combine the two, but you can buy a day admission (around $40-$50 with a AAA discount depending upon the day) and a night time pass. They also have a frequent fear pass that costs around $90 and will get you in every event night.

If you are going during Halloween, I recommend hitting the park by day on a weekend as they run their charming Knott's Spooky Farm event and kids dress up to trick or treat around the park. They also hire on actors to portray family friendly ghosts of the departed Ghost Town citizens on the streets and have a few fun (albeit somewhat campy) shows.

We are Knott's APs and attend often so feel free to PM me any questions about logistics and if I know the answer I would be happy to help out.

On a different note, I too have heard Red Barn is going the way of the dodo, but the beer garden rumor is news to me. That would leave them a location short on the house count as they really don't have a ton of backstage room left for other houses.