1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Knott’s Scary Farm 2019

Discussion in 'Other California Parks' started by Freak, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Erich Dunkel

Erich Dunkel Newcomer

Interesting... I feel like if they weren't going with code names 'origins' would make the most sense with the devil head... but maybe it's just me. But if this was the case Red Barn 2 wouldn't be a thing and since there's a sign for it I don't think that's a possibility.

If what you said was true would Knotts technically only be adding 1 new maze this year or would they count Red Barn 2 as a whole new maze?

2. HHNManics

HHNManics Veteran Member

I'm assuming that they would maybe count it as a all new maze but that's just me.

3. Erich Dunkel

Erich Dunkel Newcomer

rip... I thought a devil themed maze would be cool and a wax museum maze as well...

deadbydawn likes this.
  4. GhostHost85

GhostHost85 Newcomer

Unless there are some major surprises at the announcement event then Red Barn II will be one of the "new" mazes. It is probably cheaper to just reuse the Red Barn theming since the Wilderness Dance Hall already looks like a Red Barn. It really sucks though and gives me low hopes for this year. I didn't care much for The Depths or Dark Entities last year. The first 2/3rd of The Depths were quite dull and Dark Entities didn't hold up to multiple walk throughs for me. I hope this isn't the beginning of a quality drop for Scary Farm.

5. HORRORable Commenter

HORRORable Commenter Newcomer

Red Barn 2 sounds awful. It’s probably going to happen, but fuuuuuuu... This means it’s going next to infected, right? The traditional red barn I don’t think is a location this year

6. Erich Dunkel

Erich Dunkel Newcomer

The previous 'Red Barn' build space has construction going on currently, there's a large vertical build next to Pony Express so I assume that Red Barn will return to the same location.

7. Erich Dunkel

Erich Dunkel Newcomer

I’m at knotts and the sign on the previous Trick Or Treat location clearly says “Devils Den in 3D”

GhostHost85 likes this.
  8. GhostHost85

GhostHost85 Newcomer

I didn't notice the "In" part of the name, but it looks like I was mostly right on the name. 3D mazes can be hit or miss. Sewer of Souls at Magic Mountain was great last year, but if all we get for new mazes is a Red Barn rehash and a 3D maze, I will be disappointed.

Unless Universal overdoes the black walls or Magic Mountain has some big surprises in store for Fright Fest, then USH will easily win SoCal in Halloween this year.

HORRORable Commenter likes this.
  9. Erich Dunkel

Erich Dunkel Newcomer

The “in” is superrrrrr small and in a white font. But it 100% reads “devils den in 3D”

GhostHost85 likes this.
  10. GhostHost85

GhostHost85 Newcomer

Oh I believe it, I was just trying to make out the name while on GhostRider, so I could have easily missed the "In" part of the name. I am guessing Devil's Den will be the big budget maze like Dark Ride, Shadow Lands, Paranormal Inc., while Red Barn II will be this year's budget maze like Pumpkin Eater, Red Barn, and Dark Entities. That said, I do like Pumpkin Eater.

11. Erich Dunkel

Erich Dunkel Newcomer

Yeah i think that’ll be the case. I was riding ghost rider as well when i saw it but i used my superhuman powers to zoom in and see the super small text... all jokes there are like piles of “dirt” outside of the facade on the ground as well... i can’t describe them well but they’re just text to the facade

12. HORRORable Commenter

So, the lineup looks like it could be:

• Special Ops: Infected
    • Dark Ride
    • Shadowlands
    • Pumpkin Eater
    • Dark Entities
    • The Depths
    • Paranormal Inc: Lights Out
    • Devil’s Den in 3D
    • Red Barn II: Gunslingerz Revenge
    Key:
    • Announced
    • Not announced (returning)
    • Not announced (new)

Fallow and GhostHost85 like this.
  13. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

14. RoseBlight

RoseBlight Newcomer

Red Barn II feels like a cruel joke. Really disappointed.

15. k_peek_2000

k_peek_2000 Veteran Member

Awaken the Dead confirmed to return

16. HORRORable Commenter

Hopefully the space is bigger this year. Last time, the stilt walkers and Go go dancers were really hard to see when you were packed like tuna onto the dance floor.

17. deadbydawn

deadbydawn Rookie

I think The Depths in particular really showcases a quality increase for Knott's. I've been going ever year since the early 00's and the quality has only gone up IMO.

There is some type of construction happening at the Jeffries Barn location so it's possible that if Red Barn is coming back it would return to its previous location.

18. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

I feel very underwhelmed with Knott’s leaked mazes. This might be the first year I don’t get the season pass and just do pre-scare one night.

GhostHost85 likes this.
  19. GhostHost85

GhostHost85 Newcomer

I always get my Scary Farm pass as an addon to my Knott's Season Pass. However, I might be using it way less this year then in previous years. I already have my Frequent Fear Pass for USH and if HHN ends up being as great as I think it will be this year, then I much rather spend more time there than at what will likely be a weak year for Scary Farm.

One of the worst things about Red Barn II is that it means that we likely have at least 3 more years of The Red Barn.

20. HHNManics

HHNManics Veteran Member

20190814_123702.jpg
    Seems like Paranormal Inc is back. But won't have the Flashlight mechanic. Thank you Knotts!

HORRORable Commenter likes this.