Knott's Berry Farm | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So went last night and hands down the event was well worth it and hope we see a Christmas event similar to this level.

It was fun to see so many in costumes, the decorations were all top notch, the food was good (the funnel cake was ridicules in the best kinda way)
Pretty much a perfect event for what it can be with no rides and social distancing

Reactions: Mad Dog
Video's are up for the Christmas Event

Looks very much worth it, not sure If I will make this one since I have friends wanting to go to Citywalk/DCA in the coming weeks but for sure if I have time and there are still tickets I'd love to go.

Seems like they're preparing to shut down the event if necessary. Doesn't sound like they have any confidence in a workaround to the latest stay-at-home order.

Bummer, my tickets were for next week. :sadwave: Some are speculating they may do the food To Go, which is the only option I can think of (aside from a flat out refund/cancellation). Or perhaps they'd allow a credit towards the next event.

It sucks, but with the cases rising exponentially like they are, even I wasn't sure if I was going to go.

Part of me does wonder if there's a bit of a "work around" if they did the food to go, and then just opened up all the picnic tables across the way near Independance Hall, even adding distanced tables there. It seems a pity all that space is going to waste. We saw something similar last night at the Americana... while the "official" outdoor dining was closed, some areas just had random tables and chairs set up for people to eat their To Go. Defeats the purpose, I know... this Stay at Home order has so many bizarre loopholes. But I think some business (and people) are looking for any port in a storm.

Very understandable, but the longer the US tries to live with the virus instead of containing it, then the longer its gonna take to get back to normal.
Agreed but lockdown or not. I think people will gather for New Years and Christmas you can shut down as much as you'd like and people will gather in three weeks and again a week later.

I've been to two of these events and they are pretty safe, its all outdoors, no on talking off the mask in normal area's and the CM's were following the rules as well.

I was lucky enough to go Saturday. Had a much better time than I did at the fall event. Certain choke points of the park still get pretty busy at night but overall I think the food offerings were better and the cleaning/rule enforcement was top notch.

I'm sad to hear they have to close temporarily, but if Knott's has shown anything this year it would be their ability to adapt.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
It's a bummer, because our tickets were on Dec 19, and we hadn't yet gone. But with the given spike as serious as it is, I think it's a good call. We were already debating if it was even safe to go, so now the decision has been made for us. I'm disappointed, but some things are more important.

We did get tickets for Dec 29 just in case a miricle happens and cases go down, but frankly, I expect that to be canceled as well. I have little faith in the responsibility of mankind at this point.

• Sad
Reactions: deadbydawn
I was lucky enough to go Saturday. Had a much better time than I did at the fall event. Certain choke points of the park still get pretty busy at night but overall I think the food offerings were better and the cleaning/rule enforcement was top notch.

I'm sad to hear they have to close temporarily, but if Knott's has shown anything this year it would be their ability to adapt.
Can I ask why you didn't enjoy the fall event that much?

Pretty much myself and every other blogger thought it was the best thing to happen since the Pandemic in CA

Can I ask why you didn't enjoy the fall event that much?

Pretty much myself and every other blogger thought it was the best thing to happen since the Pandemic in CA

It was a combination of things that contributed and I have been Knott's enough in my life to know that it was off day because they generally do a good job at these events. One of the things that didn't seem to help was the fact that we had weekday tickets. My fiance and I are still working from home so we were only able to get to the park around 5 or 6 PM. It seemed really busy at the time and now that I have been to another event there, it does seem like around sundown the park gets significantly busier.

Anyway, the food was just ok I thought. It may have just been a weird day but everything I had, even down to the churro left little to be desired. I've talked to a few friends that went and was told the complete opposite, so I was willing to accept that my trip was just..off.

Glass half full though: it was great to be back in the park and see some of the Halloween decor. It was busy, but it felt fine aside from a few chokepoints in the park. The cleaning and sanitizing was apparent and the rules were being followed by everyone in the park it seemed.

Knotts Berry Farm will be open for FREE the next two weeks, only shopping allowed no food, details down below.

Though keep in mind for weekends only (12/13th, 19/20th), from 11am - 8. Free entry, no reservations needed as far as I can tell, but they do say limited entry, so a line to get in is possible.

Though I do believe that I heard that since the food closing, even Downtown Disney/DCA was pretty dead... can anyone verify that? I know Citywalk has basically been a ghost town since the food and outdoor dining closures.

Though keep in mind for weekends only (12/13th, 19/20th), from 11am - 8. Free entry, no reservations needed as far as I can tell, but they do say limited entry, so a line to get in is possible.

Though I do believe that I heard that since the food closing, even Downtown Disney/DCA was pretty dead... can anyone verify that? I know Citywalk has basically been a ghost town since the food and outdoor dining closures.
Citywalk was dead when I went...and from the bloggers I follow DCA is also dead but we will see what next weekend brings...

My plan is go to DCA next weekend and then Knotts the weekend after. I'm hoping almost no one is there and will save me money on food anyway so I'll get to see the parks all dressed up and only pay the 10 dollar fee at Disney (if that still is going on this weekend)

Yeah, a few vloggers showed DTD/BVS was pretty dead with most restaurants now closed and no eating/drinking while on property. Who's going to pay $10 parking, walk 1/2 mile to go through security for a $9 Earl of Sandwich, walk 1/2 mile back to their car to consume a lukewarm sandwich. They need to make parking free again.

I went Sunday afternoon to enjoy a final outdoor dining of deliciously moist and tender turkey legs knowing outdoor dining was ending soon. Took 30 minutes to get in, but with Christmas essentially cancelled, it was nice to doing something festive to end the year.

Also did the Winter Wonderland Fair Foodie Fest at Angels Stadium since it was nearby. It was mostly a Juicy's food event that you'd find at the county fairs.

Yeah, a few vloggers showed DTD/BVS was pretty dead with most restaurants now closed and no eating/drinking while on property. Who's going to pay $10 parking, walk 1/2 mile to go through security for a $9 Earl of Sandwich, walk 1/2 mile back to their car to consume a lukewarm sandwich. They need to make parking free again.

I went Sunday afternoon to enjoy a final outdoor dining of deliciously moist and tender turkey legs knowing outdoor dining was ending soon. Took 30 minutes to get in, but with Christmas essentially cancelled, it was nice to doing something festive to end the year.

Also did the Winter Wonderland Fair Foodie Fest at Angels Stadium since it was nearby. It was mostly a Juicy's food event that you'd find at the county fairs.
raises hand slowly

I'm just going to get into DCA and see its decorated...ten bucks is a small price to pay to get into DCA.

raises hand slowly

I'm just going to get into DCA and see its decorated...ten bucks is a small price to pay to get into DCA.

Haha. Wasn't trying to single you out, but with less being offered, they really need to make parking free again unless they're really banking on holiday traffic to sustain the businesses. I'm guessing parking will be free again by next week. Personally, the festivities shown in BVS doesn't justify $10 parking fee. All you get is a shot next to the trolley. I think Knott's will offer more festivities with free parking.

Reactions: Rideguy70