Knott's Berry Farm | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just got off of my third ride on Hangtime for passholder previews. Great ride! Probably #2 or #3 for my favorite coaster in SoCal....probably #2 with Twisted Colossus being #1. Best way I can describe it is diet Cannibal with the lift hill of Rock-It.

The only gripe i had is that they assigned seats. If it was crowded that would be one thing, but the line was ten-fifteen minutes for my rides. They could’ve easily honored my request to sit up front since there was a spot open, but no, they had to put me somewhere else. :_: Oh well. Great ride though.

PS - Just heard someone call this ride “Hangover”. LOL

Reactions: JaySalahi
Heh I saw the POV and I instantly thought, "looks like a smaller Cannibal"

Did you get to ride it at night?
Nah. Hopefully sometime during the Summer I will. But funny you mentioned Cannibal because I instantly thought of it as “diet Cannibal”. It’s has similar sensations but a bit smaller. The holding break was unique and actually added to the ride.

According to Screamscape, Knott’s has something big up their sleeve for 2020, the park’s 100th anniversary; it’s supposedly going to be going next to Ghostrider.

I would hope not. With the changes Ouimet has implemented over the past five years, a giga seems like it would ruin the feel of Ghost Town. At the same time I don’t know what else they would build south of Ghostrider.

If they're discreet about the layout, it could work. Case in point: Frontier Town at Cedar Point trails alongside Millennium Force, but the coaster does not enter the space too much except being on the barriers.

Reactions: Freak
I feel like a giga would be extra difficult at Knotts, because: 1) the park is geographically smaller and more compact, and 2) the very close proximity of local residents.

I mean, I suppose it's not out of the question if it's carefully designed and they jump through the legal hoops... but thinking of those "scream shields" Disney had to put on Screamin, and those residents aren't even as close, makes me think a giga would be impractical. I'd love to have one there, but I just don't know if it's realistic.

Reactions: chris.g and Dhdhddh
I feel like a giga would be extra difficult at Knotts, because: 1) the park is geographically smaller and more compact, and 2) the very close proximity of local residents.

I mean, I suppose it's not out of the question if it's carefully designed and they jump through the legal hoops... but thinking of those "scream shields" Disney had to put on Screamin, and those residents aren't even as close, makes me think a giga would be impractical. I'd love to have one there, but I just don't know if it's realistic.
IDK how true this rumor is, but I heard that Knott’s is very interested in building a Giga; they wanted to have it go across the street and to the extended West parking lot, but couldn’t because the city wouldn’t let them.

They could have the coaster go around the hotel, over the South lot, across from Ghostrider and backstage.

IDK how true this rumor is, but I heard that Knott’s is very interested in building a Giga; they wanted to have it go across the street and to the extended West parking lot, but couldn’t because the city wouldn’t let them.

Yep. They were once extremely interested. Coast Rider was actually supposed to be the year, and they came super close. I believe that was the breaking point and they realized it was never going to happen.

I have no idea what KBF could put here honestly.

I think a mini-hyper similar to Hollywood Dream could fit in that backstage area. Anything larger than that seems like it’d take up too much space.

If they got creative, built a parking garage on the Western parking land, paved over the parking next to the hotel, that could support a hyper/giga, or at least the lift hill and end. Knott’s just has to be creative about its layout.

Reactions: chris.g
Finally got to go and ride Hangtime. Only got one night ride in but wow. It was much better than I expected it to be. It REALLY opened the park up. That side was packed, benches were all full, the whole crowd flow shifted exactly how Knotts wanted them too. Hats off to them.

Of course I would have loved just a touch of Coastal Rock work but what you gonna do.