Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

Some unbaised thoughts..man, 2019 is becoming a great year for theme parks.

You have Universal and Knotts both giving one of their water rides some love, Disney with GE, Six Flags with West Coast Racers, and SeaWorld with Tidal Twister. That, is an impressive lineup. And Calico looks amazing.

It was also confirmed that Garner Holt will assist with Animatronics once again, forgot to mention. But man, I am so happy to see Bigfoot finally get the love it deserved.

EDIT: The new Poster,

DsA8YfKUUAAvD3z.jpg

Last edited:

You have Universal and Knotts both giving one of their water rides some love, Disney with GE, Six Flags with West Coast Racers, and SeaWorld with Tidal Twister. That, is an impressive lineup. And Calico looks amazing.

It was also confirmed that Garner Holt will assist with Animatronics once again, forgot to mention. But man, I am so happy to see Bigfoot finally get the love it deserved.

EDIT: The new Poster,

DsA8YfKUUAAvD3z.jpg
Looks like they revealed some more scenes in that poster. It also looks like we’ll see some animatronic apes, bears, and cougars.

2019 is going to be an epic year for CA parks. What is your list from most to least excited? Here is mine:

1. DLR-Galaxy's Edge: A no-brainer due to the scale, scope, and massive budget this land has received.
2. Knott's-Calico River Rapids: I love the Old West, Bigfoot, and AA's so of course I'm stoked about this.
3. USH: Jurassic World: From everything I've read, this will be an impressive much-needed overhaul.
4. SFMM: West Coast Racers: I was originally disappointed by this coaster, but I'm actually warming up to it a bit.
5. Seaworld SD: Tidal Twister is a good fit for the park, but it's at the bottom of my list due to the great additions that are being added at the other parks.

2019 is going to be an epic year for CA parks. What is your list from most to least excited? Here is mine:

1. DLR-Galaxy's Edge: A no-brainer due to the scale, scope, and massive budget this land has received.
2. Knott's-Calico River Rapids: I love the Old West, Bigfoot, and AA's so of course I'm stoked about this.
3. USH: Jurassic World: From everything I've read, this will be an impressive much-needed overhaul.
4. SFMM: West Coast Racers: I was originally disappointed by this coaster, but I'm actually warming up to it a bit.
5. Seaworld SD: Tidal Twister is a good fit for the park, but it's at the bottom of my list due to the great additions that are being added at the other parks.

1: Jurassic World (USH) - from the things I was told through the past few years, it's finally giving this attraction the love it needs. Hopefully it sticks the landing, as I'll be hopefully making a trip to Universal sooner than later..

2: GE (DL) - I am a SW fan, and man does this excite me so much. I'm not sure if I am willing to go for the first year, but I'm toying with the idea.

3: WCR (SFMM) - Love the layout, as it looks like a great fit for Magic Mountain.

4: Calico River Rapids - While this isn't high, that doesn't mean I'm very excited for it. Infact, I am estatic over this ride getting a revamp. Can't wait to see the product in person.

5: Tidal Twister (SWSD) - Looks fun, but if I'm going to SW next year, it won't be for Tidal Twister.

It'll be to finally ride Manta.
__

To speak of the concept art for a second, I love the small details of it. Excited about the Dynamite Gyser section especially.

I would say the next 3-4 years will be huge for theme parks in Socal, and 2019 is a big start.

Can you expand on that?

Beyond 2019, all I really know that's coming to CA parks is Super Nintendo World in 2021/22 and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, but no date has been released.

I was hoping for Diagon Alley or something similar at USH, but it looks like it's a no-go at this point.

Can you expand on that?

Beyond 2019, all I really know that's coming to CA parks is Super Nintendo World in 2021/22 and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, but no date has been released.

I was hoping for Diagon Alley or something similar at USH, but it looks like it's a no-go at this point.
SLOP at USH 2020
Marvel Land at DCA 2020 phase1 and 2021 or 2022 for phase 2

2 other things coming to California

Can you expand on that?

Disney: DCA Avenger's Base (2-Phase, first Phase in 2020), Runaway Railway (Not clear to when)

Universal: Pet's (2020), Nintendo (2021?)..and perhaps a little something special for after that.

Knott's: Centennial in 2020

Six Flags: 50 Years of Thrills in 2021

And that's not talking on the subject of SeaWorld for 2020, and Legoland if they get the Master Builder flying theater attraction in the next two to three year's.
__
Speaking on Knotts, 2019 seems like a smaller year when you consider that it's more-or-less on revamping an aging water attraction with new effects.

I hope what they do for 2020, is something that can be something that'd be a great change of pace for Knott's in a way.

I'm still holding out for a new hyper or giga for 2020. The new coaster is rumored to go next to GhostRider and they built some new facilities across the park where the picnic area is. Take that for what you will.

I'd love to see a Vekoma Mad House. I don't know why, but I really love those attractions. Even SFGA did a great job on theirs, and I think Knott's could do an equally good job, perhaps with a Western theme?

I'm still holding out for a new hyper or giga for 2020. The new coaster is rumored to go next to GhostRider and they built some new facilities across the park where the picnic area is. Take that for what you will.

I know Knott's has been wanting a Giga for a while. Is there space for one next to GhostRider?

I'd love to see a Vekoma Mad House. I don't know why, but I really love those attractions. Even SFGA did a great job on theirs, and I think Knott's could do an equally good job, perhaps with a Western theme?

Personally, I would love a dark ride. But, considering how much Knott's was roasted for their last one, I doubt they'll build another one.

they built some new facilities across the park where the picnic area is.

Haven't been to the park in 2 years. Is this the picnic area just NW of Independence Hall where the chickens roam? Can you elaborate on what facilities were built?

So now that Knott’s has made the top 10 attended theme parks in attendance...Giga? Please? We deserve it. Give your most-visited park in the chain some love, Cedar Fair.

I would love to see Iron Reef get replaced with a better dark ride eventually. Don’t think that will happen anytime soon.