Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

So now that Knott’s has made the top 10 attended theme parks in attendance...Giga? Please? We deserve it. Give your most-visited park in the chain some love, Cedar Fair.

I would love to see Iron Reef get replaced with a better dark ride eventually. Don’t think that will happen anytime soon.
I’d love to see a new version of Kingdom of the Dinosaurs. More dark rides, the better.

Kingdom of the Dinosaurs - Knotts Berry Farm (1985):

Knott's Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs - "This dark ride first took riders past a fairy-tale like plot set in the Roaring 20's with a Bear Family named, Raz, Boysen, Girlsen, Elder, and Flapper Bear-y on a journey to the fair while being in contact with a pie thief named Crafty Coyote and Other Animals from the Fantasy Scenes. It later was revamped with a dinosaur theme in 1987 (While Bear-y Tales moved to the Peanuts Playhouse after Kingdom of the Dinosaurs opened to be renamed Bear-y Tales Funhouse until 1997) that took riders back in time to the Pre-Historic Times which would be permanently closed on December 23, 2004 due to aging parts and lack of popularity. The ride building suffered vandalism from park employees sometime after closing, with several set pieces and animatronics damaged. Some of the animatronics set pieces and props went on to be reused throughout the park, including the Timber Mountain Log Ride as well as several Halloween Haunt mazes and scare zones. The ride building was finally gutted of all ride equipment (including ride vehicles and track), set pieces, props and animatronics in July 2014 to make way for the new interactive 4-D dark ride Voyage to the Iron Reef, which opened Spring 2015." ~ Wikipedia.org

Well I found this interesting:

That leaves the 2020 slot open for anything. I keep hearing the contract with Triotech expires next year. Fingers crossed they may use that space for an Iron Reef replacement.

It'd be close to 5.7 acres, and would be more than enough to perhaps do something very interesting..

As far as Intamin, they have seemingly gotten back their scthick after all of the issues from the past few years; and have been starting to get back onto the coaster business a bit more.

I'm happy Cedar Fair finally realizes what a gem they have with Knott's Berry Farm. I still remember how Knott's was treated like the red-headed stepchild of SoCal parks and was considered a poor man's Disneyland.

Look at it now. It's cracked the Top 10 most attended parks in North America.

I'm super stoked about Calico River Rapids, does anyone have an opening date on that?

The new few years will be AMAZING for CA parks.

Knotts has always had something exciting done to it on the yearly basis. It didn't matter if it was something big, but they continued to give the park love in small way's.

Not to mention, if you are gonna talk about red-headed stepchild's, you should look at CGA prior to the Early 2010's.

Since 2013, Knotts has continually given new and exciting changes to KBF & Soak City, and has continually improved on a myriad of aspects. Not to mention giving Timber Mountain, CMR, Camp Snoopy and Ghostbuster the needed enhancements.

Knotts has always had something exciting done to it on the yearly basis. It didn't matter if it was something big, but they continued to give the park love in small way's.

Not to mention, if you are gonna talk about red-headed stepchild's, you should look at CGA prior to the Early 2010's.

Since 2013, Knotts has continually given new and exciting changes to KBF & Soak City, and has continually improved on a myriad of aspects. Not to mention giving Timber Mountain, CMR, Camp Snoopy and Ghostbuster the needed enhancements.

Yea for sure, CF has really invested in Knott's in the last 5-6 years which is why they are Top 10.

But I'm talking about 10-15 years ago. I recall the sentiment that Knott's was for people too poor for Disneyland. I'm glad they turned the ship around.

If that expansion comes to fruition, it would be a shame if they didn't use any of that space for a big Western Shooting ride like this:

It would also be nice if they could have an indoor themed queue like the Pirate ride at SFFT:

I mean, c'mon....if Six Flags can do it, why not Cedar Fair?

A thought comes, on the next coaster: What if it's Mack-Rides as opposed to Intamin?

It could be a package deal, especially as Cedar Fair and Mack-Rides have been working once again, thanks to Copperhead Strike. I don't know anything on manufacturers or layout, but I have to wonder about them. Especially, as SWE and Universal are already working with Intamin on coasters for the 2020 operational season.

Gotta say, I really enjoyed the Peanuts Celebration. My kids, actually the entire family, really enjoyed the Sketch School, photo ops, new Grand Sierra Railroad scenes and the Silent Disco. The silent disco truly felt like you were in a night club, but the moment you took off your headphones, it was funny to see a bunch of people dancing to no music. Definitely a unique experience. Looking forward to the Boysenberry Festival and what the coming years brings with the rumored expansion.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again... I would love for Knott's to get a Vekoma Mad House. I think they'd do a really good job giving a haunted western theme, and on the practical side, they have a very small footprint and are also very family friendly.

I'm such a fan of Houdini's Great Escape at SF Great Adventure. There's an amazing moment in the beginning where visually absolutely nothing happens, but you can feel unexpected forces that's a total trip.

Ugh... while the newly revamped ride sounds amazing, I don't exactly want to get soaked just to see it.. I'll have to make the sacrifice though FML... lol
I’m quite the opposite. I love when parks actually make water rides themed. It’s so much more fun than just ‘you go around and then drop and get soaked.’

I’m quite the opposite. I love when parks actually make water rides themed. It’s so much more fun than just ‘you go around and then drop and get soaked.’
The exact opposite of what? I never said anything against themeing a water ride. I stated that I'm NOT a fan of getting completely soaked at a theme park.

The exact opposite of what? I never said anything against themeing a water ride. I stated that I'm NOT a fan of getting completely soaked at a theme park.
I should have been more specific. I LOVE getting soaked on water rides when it’s a hot day( most days in Florida), and if they’re themed, even better.