Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

I'm livid. Mystery Lodge better return for at least a final, announced performance run if they plan to shutter it (which they absolutely shouldn't).

Sad... but this is GREAT, ive legit dreamed of this since I was 11 everything Knotts is doing I dreamed up as a kid (knott's was my home park, old user name handle everywhere was Knottslover77)

Re-do Big foot. Take out Mystery lodge (dont wanna see it go but what can you do) and connect that area to the Ghostrider area.

So many little things as a kid I dreamed of happening to knotts have happened in the last few years. Even stuff I dreamed up like taking out the basketball game next too the wilderness lodge and adding themeing and a tree instead. they did it.

Im loving it.

You know, as an AP, it's a show I often skip (sort of like Lincoln at Disneyland)... you just kind of forget about it. But I had fortunately done it twice in the last year, and story-wise, it still totally holds up. One of the best written theme park shows out there.

At the same time, I was thinking it's getting to be time to upgrade the effects. When it first came out, a lot of people believed it was real smoke. By today's standards, it's pretty obvious right off the bat. I wonder if this is just an effects upgrade.

On a separate note, I made a side case some time ago that Knott's needs a Vekoma Mad House. It would be a very unique attraction (especially on the West Coast), very family friendly, doesn't take up much space, and they could theme it in line with the old Haunted Shack, where the house was built over the "center of gravity". Is that not genius or not? Get on that, Knott's.

I would be totally down for an effects upgrade. Just think of what they could do with digital mapping in the Preston.

You know, as an AP, it's a show I often skip (sort of like Lincoln at Disneyland)... you just kind of forget about it. But I had fortunately done it twice in the last year, and story-wise, it still totally holds up. One of the best written theme park shows out there.

At the same time, I was thinking it's getting to be time to upgrade the effects. When it first came out, a lot of people believed it was real smoke. By today's standards, it's pretty obvious right off the bat. I wonder if this is just an effects upgrade.

On a separate note, I made a side case some time ago that Knott's needs a Vekoma Mad House. It would be a very unique attraction (especially on the West Coast), very family friendly, doesn't take up much space, and they could theme it in line with the old Haunted Shack, where the house was built over the "center of gravity". Is that not genius or not? Get on that, Knott's.
I LOVE this idea. Just experienced Hex at Alton Towers several days ago and it’s a very cool ride! I didn’t realize the seats actually tilt. I think this might be a bit costly for CF’s budget and doubt they would have the space to cram it into ML’s showbuilding, but I would totally be down for this.

Yeah I've been going back and forth. A GR clerk confirming the show being removed seems questionable when Knott's is stating it's under refurb. I guess stay tuned?

I last went on Mystery Lodge in April or May and they skipped the preshow entirely. Wonder if that was any indication that they were already winding down operations of this attraction. Even if the rumors of it closing is true, I don't understand why they couldn't keep it open until absolutely necessary for the rumored expansion.