Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

Any word on if the old sign will be put on display somewhere? It could be kinda cool either at the Marketplace, or maybe near the entrance to Soak City. Just hope it's preserved in some way.

Any word on if the old sign will be put on display somewhere? It could be kinda cool either at the Marketplace, or maybe near the entrance to Soak City. Just hope it's preserved in some way.

I haven't heard anything. Knott's may keep it somewhere for now, but I doubt it will be displayed. It might be held onto and sold during another auction or something.

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but the Schulz Theatre now has a new digital color marquee with more progress done on the exterior. Looking pretty good.

Wow! That paired with the art deco work they did is outstanding. They are putting in a lot of love in the old Roarin' 20's area! Very excited to see it all complete.

Pretty good loophole right there. Watch Disneyland do a 200$ ticket taste-test event only in a month.

I already have my tickets for Saturday! I think this is a great idea. Based on how the Boyseberry Festival kept extending it's run every year, I think they've proven there's enough of an audience for this.

And yes, I don't see why Disney still couldn't do a Food & Wine in a similar manner. Maybe this could even prompt Universal to bring back their food event?

25 bucks to do something fun? Sign me up

But I do have to ask....is this really safer than opening the park with rides?

I'd probably go if it wasn't a ticketed event. We have the all season dining plan so in the past, many Boysenberry Festival items were available as a meal plan option. Since every person entering now requires a ticket, it would cost my family of 5 around $95 for samplings, not including season pass discount, tax and processing fees. Doesn't sound like a good deal since we'd normally just get 1-2 tasting cards and share amongst the family. These tasting events aren't meant to replace a meal. Also, there's nothing compelling on the menu right now for me to justify the costs.

One option is for me to buy one tasting card, collect them all while having the rest of my family wait at a picnic table on Grand Ave. Then grab a $37 meal from Chicken To-Go to complete the dinner saving us much more money.

I'd probably go if it wasn't a ticketed event. We have the all season dining plan so in the past, many Boysenberry Festival items were available as a meal plan option. Since every person entering now requires a ticket, it would cost my family of 5 around $95 for samplings, not including season pass discount, tax and processing fees. Doesn't sound like a good deal since we'd normally just get 1-2 tasting cards and share amongst the family. These tasting events aren't meant to replace a meal. Also, there's nothing compelling on the menu right now for me to justify the costs.

One option is for me to buy one tasting card, collect them all while having the rest of my family wait at a picnic table on Grand Ave. Then grab a $37 meal from Chicken To-Go to complete the dinner saving us much more money.
As a single person...I don't think about the cost with more than one person. So while for me this is a steal for something fun to do on a Sunday (heck its the price of basically parking at the parks now) for a family it's not as great a deal and I would not take my kids...I'd be greedy and keep them at home while my wife and I go out for date day

25 bucks to do something fun? Sign me up

But I do have to ask....is this really safer than opening the park with rides?

It surely is cheaper from an operations standpoint. If they only have a portion of the theme park accessible, that is less staff they have to pay and less cleaning/sanitizing they have to worry about. This is good way to let a small amount of guests in and get some money coming in.

I am sure the hard ticket price at the door is just to help them control attendance. It's cheap enough that it is feasible but also stops people with Season Passes from just showing up in droves.

It surely is cheaper from an operations standpoint. If they only have a portion of the theme park accessible, that is less staff they have to pay and less cleaning/sanitizing they have to worry about. This is good way to let a small amount of guests in and get some money coming in.

I am sure the hard ticket price at the door is just to help them control attendance. It's cheap enough that it is feasible but also stops people with Season Passes from just showing up in droves.
I get that but can't we just as easily catch it from these events?

I'm for outside events but just begs the question what's the difference? If one person comes and spreads it, then the only difference I see is less people are affected but we need to not have it at all...so just have to ask.

I will of course bring masks and be 6 feet apart, so hoping I don't catch it but.....someone will break the rules