Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

Genuinely wondering. What’s the difference between having these events with only the food booths vs opening some rides with distancing measures? I don’t really see a major COVID advantage of one over the other (both of which with proper regulations should be pretty safe).

It's a great question. In theory, not operating indoor queues/show buildings leads to fewer possible vectors. Other than that, though, there isn't that much functional difference, hence the frustration throughout the industry.

It's a great question. In theory, not operating indoor queues/show buildings leads to fewer possible vectors. Other than that, though, there isn't that much functional difference, hence the frustration throughout the industry.
You mean behind the scenes?

Also not like Disney/Universal? Because they have their City Walks open here in CA which is basically the same kinda deal....its out side and selling food

Genuinely wondering. What’s the difference between having these events with only the food booths vs opening some rides with distancing measures? I don’t really see a major COVID advantage of one over the other (both of which with proper regulations should be pretty safe).
Pretty much the only reason is because theme parks technically arent allowed to reopen, but theres nothing forbidding open air food festivals, so given the restrictions from the state this is basically the best they can do right now. I assume another reason is a food festival allows them to reduce capacity drastically to a degree that probably wouldnt be financially viable if rides were running, while still being able to run the park and be able to keep a lot of the team members working.

As expected, but man, they keep increasing these events by $5 for the same amount of tastings. Adults now $35 for 5 and kids now $20 for 3 tastings. Went to Taste of Calico and Taste of Knott’s, but doubt I’ll go to this.

I mean, Sea World charges $75 for their tasting event (if you're not a passholder) for 6 tastings. $35 is still on the reasonable end for me, especially given their success.

Saw some video of the park...they went all out. Definitely worth the money if you want to do something Halloween themed this year

Watched a few bloggers and all of them came away saying this has been the best event in Southern CA since lock down....no clue why Disney could not have thrown a Halloween Party like this could have been unique. But glad Knotts went 100 percent on this

After watching many videos of the event this weekend, I can see the justification to the $5 increase. Knott's really went all out on decorating the park with an excellent Halloween vibe. It was always special seeing the Headless Horseman so hope I'll see him again. It just seems like there's so much to explore for this event other than the food and drinks. Pulled the trigger for this coming Friday. If you see you an Asian family of 5 with me wearing a Lakers mask, feel free to yell out "Stryker" and say "Hi!!" Would love to meet some of you guys here in a safe and socially distanced way.

Also to note, this weekend is sold out and all Saturdays are sold out as well so if you plan on attending, better book your tickets soon.

I went yesterday, and it was by far my favorite event. Although strangely, I also thought it had the weakest food options, and I didn't really care for most of the food (although the Pumpkin fun bun was a huge exception, and was possibly one of our favorite items from all the events--I have been to all of them so far).

But as it turns out, the food is nearly incidental. The atmosphere is phenomenal, decor is literally everywhere.

The "tribute" store, Into the Fog, while not on the same scale as the Orlando counterpart, is still impressive in content (don't forget you can purchase reproduction prints of much of the artwork, often at a much lower price than you see for the original work---we bought the "Death" tarot card reproduction for just $5). Also, they're selling reproductions of the very first haunt posters (mine cost $5 with an AP discount, so maybe about $6-7 without?)

The Camp Snoopy Trick or Treat Trail is a joy (and free for adults if you don't take the candy--$8 upcharge if you do want the candy). It's fun during the day, and is very well lit at night! It's also hilarious to see that they've put skeletons on most of the rides, as well as a few skeleton ride ops.

There are interactive "ghosts" that gives the event a mini Ghost Town Alive feel. Nearly all of the peek ins have been themed and have something new to see, and some will have live characters from time to time (and don't miss Sad Eye Joe, who isn't quite himself lately). Even the safety mask spiels that play throughout the park have been themed!

Also, we discovered a cat scavenger hunt. On a small paper written in the Printing Office, they mention that 9 cats are hidden in the various peek ins. It was a lot of fun to try to find them all. Hint: it's easier during the day... at night, many were very difficult to see and would be easily missed. Brings back the hidden cats they had on the Log Ride last year.

At night it takes on a whole new feel, and the fog machines come on. There are many lighting effects, including eyes on the Sky Cabin! And the best... a mini light show at Boot Hill, where ghosts of the cemetery tell there stories (this only happens after dark). Boot Hill has been upgraded with new lights and sound effects, and the area were really popular with guests... it was never empty!

We ended up staying 7 hours, and the food was really not the main point. It's the entire package, and will probably be the best Halloween event in SoCal this year. I have a lot of pics on my twitter if you want to look (same name as here).

Last edited:
I went yesterday, and it was by far my favorite event. Although strangely, I also thought it had the weakest food options, and I didn't really care for most of the food (although the Pumpkin fun bun was a huge exception, and was possibly one of our favorite items from all the events).

But as it turns out, the food is nearly incidental. The atmosphere is phenomenal, decor is literally everywhere.

The "tribute" store, Into the Fog, while not on the same scale as the Orlando counterpart, is still impressive in content (don't forget you can purchase reproduction prints of much of the artwork, often at a much lower price than you see for the original work---we bought the "Death" tarot card reproduction for just $5). Also, they're selling reproductions of the very first haunt posters (mine cost $5 with an AP discount, so maybe about $6-7 without?)

The Camp Snoopy Trick or Treat Trail is a joy (and free for adults if you don't take the candy--$8 upcharge if you do want the candy). It's fun during the day, and is very well lit at night! It's also hilarious to see that they've put skeletons on most of the rides, as well as a few skeleton ride ops.

There are interactive "ghosts" that gives the event a mini Ghost Town Alive feel. Nearly all of the peek ins have been themed and have something new to see, and some will have live characters from time to time (and don't miss Sad Eye Joe, who isn't quite himself lately). Even the safety mask spiels that play throughout the park have been themed!

Also, we discovered a cat scavenger hunt. On a small paper written in the Printing Office, they mention that 9 cats are hidden in the various peek ins. It was a lot of fun to try to find them all. Hint: it's easier during the day... at night, many were very difficult to see and would be easily missed. Brings back the hidden cats they had on the Log Ride last year.

At night it takes on a whole new feel, and the fog machines come on. There are many lighting effects, including eyes on the Sky Cabin! And the best... a mini light show at Boot Hill, where ghosts of the cemetery tell there stories (this only happens) after dark. Boot Hill has been upgraded with new lights and sound effects, and the area were really popular with guests... it was never empty!

We ended up staying 7 hours, and the food was really not the main point. It's the entire package, and will probably be the best Halloween event in SoCal this year. I had a lot of pics on my twitter if you want to look (same name as here).
Glad to hear it was a good time

I love how Knotts knocked it out of the park....I was going to go on the 10th but a friend is moving away and having a goodbye event in there backyard so had to rebuy tickets for the Sunday after but really excited to go and get to really experience a theme park for the first time in a long time and hope they make a Christmas event just as fun
I also knew you could but art work but didn't know you could get it much cheaper for not being the Original so will buy something for my room

Knott's Berry Farm Debuts 'A Taste of Fall-o-Ween' for the Halloween Season; running from September 25th through November 1st.

Crazy how quickly this event is selling out! The only day available is Sunday, November 1st and it just might sell out sometime today. I wonder if they're considering adding Thursday nights to the event.

EDIT: Entire event is now sold out!

EDIT 2: The last 4 Thursdays in October have now been added.

Last edited:
Crazy how quickly this event is selling out! The only day available is Sunday, November 1st and it just might sell out sometime today. I wonder if they're considering adding Thursday nights to the event.

EDIT: Entire event is now sold out!

EDIT 2: The last 4 Thursdays in October have now been added.
People have heard how good it is and seen video...happened with the first tasting event as well

I'm so glad for Knotts, they are getting the pay off for all the hardwork

Will try to go on the 21st or the 28th! Excited to hear it's great, won't even look at the video, I want to be surprised!