Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Scary Farm 2018

If they mean last scene, then meh. But if they mean the entire last 1/3 of the maze where it literally turns into a terrifying nightmare there's no escaping from, then they better make it just as good as what it used to be!

Well Trick or Treat: Lights Out just got confirmed on their website. Again, not surprised that's coming back, but hopefully they manage to change a few more rooms up for this year.

It was the one thing I didn't have time to do last year. Watching the video, I wasn't too bummed about missing it, so I guess if I have time this year and the line isn't longer than 45 minutes, I'll hit it. I think they could do way more with that concept and they should've invented a brand new maze to go with it. ToT is in their top 5 mazes in KSF history, but it's been there a bit too long now. At least when they redid the Asylum, it was literally a whole new concept.

I was hoping Trick or Treat and Infected were both leaving this year as well, but since they've been "re-invented", I guess that counts as "new". Just hoping this is their final year and we get the chance to see more than 2 new mazes next year.

I was hoping Trick or Treat and Infected were both leaving this year as well, but since they've been "re-invented", I guess that counts as "new". Just hoping this is their final year and we get the chance to see more than 2 new mazes next year.

Infected remains one of the most popular mazes each year. I don't think we'll see that going any time soon. However, I could see them providing new sets and locations for the experience.

And Pumpkin Eater is on the website now. I'll be honest, I wasn't really expecting much from it when it was announced last year, but it gave me some of the hardest startles and jump scares of the whole night. Hell, some of the scares even beat some of the ones from a few mazes at HHN last year. I'm excited for what they'll do for this year.

And Pumpkin Eater is on the website now. I'll be honest, I wasn't really expecting much from it when it was announced last year, but it gave me some of the hardest startles and jump scares of the whole night. Hell, some of the scares even beat some of the ones from a few mazes at HHN last year. I'm excited for what they'll do for this year.

SON OF A -- That's just as disappointing as HOB2! Waste of a potential new maze. Now I'm mad lol they better hope their new mazes sound great, or I might skip this year.

I’ve never understood the complete hatred some have for Red Barn. It’s nothing special for sure, and it probably is the weakest maze out of the lineup; but that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s terrible. It’s just simple, traditional Knott’s maze fun, and I think that’s fine.
I think my dislike comes from the wasted potential, not the maze itself. It would be more fun if they doubled down on the story through acting, rather than the actors turning it into Slaughterhouse V3.

I totally get that. They tried to do something like that last year with a “pulsed story” gimmick, but it never succeeded because they probably worried about capacity. So they bailed on that and treated it like a normal maze. So you’re right - lots of missed potential, but I think it’s still fun.
Also, I think they said they were using real chainsaws? I may have gone through amidst a cast change, but I didn't see a single chainsaw. The maze reminds me of Feast at Dark Harbor, a great idea that suffers from the thing looking the exact same throughout.

I know this may sound weird and I hope I'm wrong but...this tweet makes it seem like Red Barn is the last returning maze this year and that they'll be announcing all the new mazes on the 30th. They couldn't possibly have canned Dark Ride right?

I know this may sound weird and I hope I'm wrong but...this tweet makes it seem like Red Barn is the last returning maze this year and that they'll be announcing all the new mazes on the 30th. They couldn't possibly have canned Dark Ride right?

Maybe they're putting a twist on Dark Ride just as Trick or Treat: Lights Out was presented as "new."

Last edited: