Konami coming to Universal? | Inside Universal Forums

Konami coming to Universal?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not sure what properties Konami has that would lend themselves well to theme park attractions. Resident Evil is great, but outside of HHN, what could they do with it? I guess a dark ride is a possibility, but I just don't see it happening. And as much as I love Metal Gear games, I don't see any possibilities there.

I'm not sure what properties Konami has that would lend themselves well to theme park attractions. Resident Evil is great, but outside of HHN, what could they do with it? I guess a dark ride is a possibility, but I just don't see it happening. And as much as I love Metal Gear games, I don't see any possibilities there.

Resident Evil is Capcom. Silent Hill is Konami.

As for the "rumor" (and I use that term lightly), anyone with knowledge of the current view of Konami, and what kind of company Konami is, should know there's basically 0 chance of this. Konami wants out of the video game business, they have the scorn of the video game community, and they have no properties that could work in a theme park setting. Not to mention they have no properties that would garner the interest of the general public.

Well there was a silent hill house not too long ago. Konami is on the way out though sadly. They have pretty
Much abandoned AAA video game development, and have started creating more mobile and gambling type games in Japan. It's been a great run, but Konami is pretty much "extinct" after MGS V comes out next week

I've heard this rumor now from two sources this week. Uni is being wooed by a number of IP holders who are salivating at the thought of what happened with Potter. Konami could be one. It doesn't mean they've signed a deal.

Until I see a permit filed and walls go up, it's still a rumor.

Metal Gear Solid would be awesome from Konami. I would rather have Capcom though. Resident Evil and Street Fighter rides sound appealing to me because I've always loved those games.

I cannot imagine Uni signing a parallel deal with konami after Nintendo. It would be like a parallel with DC comics at the same time as Marvel.
Unless you are trying to open a Comic specific theme park, and then you try and sign DC AND Marvel AND Image AND Dark Horse.

Yeah. It doesn't really make sense to partner up with Konami , when the Nintendo deal just went through. I think we are "ok" on video game expansions at the moment.

I'm not a big video game person, so I probably can't even tell you the name of a Konami game. Which leads me to my point; are any of their titles well known enough in the general public to warrant an attraction in a theme park?

I'm not a big video game person, so I probably can't even tell you the name of a Konami game. Which leads me to my point; are any of their titles well known enough in the general public to warrant an attraction in a theme park?

For HHN? Silent Hill & Castlevania

For general stuff? Frogger

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I cannot imagine Uni signing a parallel deal with konami after Nintendo. It would be like a parallel with DC comics at the same time as Marvel.

Signing Konami is more like signing Charlton Comics when you already have Marvel.

No. Maybe Castlevania...but even then that series hasn't been relevant for years. Silent Hill has NEVER sold well, and Metal Gear is pretty abstract outside the gaming public.

For HHN? Silent Hill & Castlevania

For general stuff? Frogger

And honestly, no one under 40 gives a crap about Frogger.

They have some good properties but I can't see a good reason for it unless it was for some massive Video Game Park. Konami's best franchises include Silent Hill, Castlevania, Contra, Metal Gear, Dance Dance Revolution. I've ranked that in order of properties I could see being a fit. Silent Hill and Castlevania could both be pretty neat, but outside of HHN I would doubt it.

It is interesting though that now we have seen partnerships and heard rumors about multiple huge AAA publishers.
Silent Hill (Konami) - happened
Resident Evil, Monster Hunter (Capcom) - happened HHN/Universal Japan
Nintendo - happening
Sega - Depending on Nintendo Licensing major mascots could be included
World of Warcraft (Blizzard/Activistion) - rumored

I'm 39 and I think a Frogger ride could be cool;). Other great Konami games were Contra, Blades of Steel and Jackal. And of course, there's the famous Konami Code (up, up, down, down, left right, etc.etc.) But the only way I hope this rumor is true is as part of the 3rd gate rumor. Otherwise I wouldn't want it taking up valuable Nintendo space in Kidzone.

Here's what I'm willing to bet happened: Konami approached UOR with an offer, because Konami is basically only interested in leveraging their IP, not making new games. I SERIOUSLY doubt Universal would go for it, because as we said, there's no marketable properties for a theme park