"Kubo and the Two Strings" Characters | Inside Universal Forums

"Kubo and the Two Strings" Characters

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 30, 2013
Clermont, FL
Kubo, Monkey, and Beetle, from the upcoming film "Kubo and the Two Strings" are making appearances outside Horror Makeup starting today. If history repeats itself, these Laika characters will be out while no one knows who they are, then disappear shortly after the film debuts.
13654415_10209511151314243_7753283492220668111_n.jpg

I hope not. I'm still upset I never got to check out ParaNorman and the Zombies. I also wish these Laika films could make more at the box office so we could get ride out of one of them, or just take the chance and build a cool ride based off one them any way.

Reactions: awhen and TubaGeek
Kubo, Monkey, and Beetle, from the upcoming film "Kubo and the Two Strings" are making appearances outside Horror Makeup starting today. If history repeats itself, these Laika characters will be out while no one knows who they are, then disappear shortly after the film debuts.
View attachment 2521
Wouldn't it help if Universal posted up a bit of information about the movie in the area to educate guests on who the characters were? It might even make people feel like they were one of the few to get a sneak peek.

I LOVE that they always have Laika characters at the park timed to film releases. I have pics with ParaNorman characters and Boxtrolls and now I have to get my pic with these guys. Wish there was a Coraline one too as that's one of my faves (and also one of the creepiest). Putting in another vote for Laika Land in Park 3!

Reactions: awhen
I had to force my godsons a number of years back to take a pic in front of a strange backdrop where the Hollywood sign is now. They fought practically kicking and screaming. Now that pic in front of Gru and his minions is one of their favorite photos. Of course, they don't remember how much trouble they gave me to take it.

Ah, the selective memory of childhood.

Looks like they are having them do more than just pose for photos......

That's new. Good idea though.
That's actually the entire purpose of that parade vehicle, it just hasn't been properly utilized. Aside from putting Minions on it for Despicable Me 2 and Minions (when the minions are already represented in the parade), only Lorax has ridden the float when his film was released for purchase.