Lakeland Antique Mall | Inside Universal Forums

Lakeland Antique Mall

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

GA-MBIT

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2017
Isle Delfino
Not to ruin anyone's private hunting ground for Orlando theme park props, but if you haven't heard of it before, the Lakeland Antique Mall is great! It's a big store with a whole bunch of booths with a large variety of real cool stuff, but for the purposes of a lot of IU members I imagine the most interesting section is the back of the store which is held by a large booth with a seller of various Disney and Universal Orlando props. HHN memorabilia, aftermarket park merch, Shrek 4-D Preshow props, used furniture from Disney hotels and cruises, promotional signs from tourism centers or Walmarts. It's a neat place!

In a different booth I found some classic 90s Disney Store merch like Flubber, A Bug's Life, or George of the Jungle plushes. Another booth had some retro Wal-Mart/Sam's Club DVD/CD promotional buttons that employees would wear for the release of Finding Nemo, Brandy's Cinderella, Garth Brooks CDs, Peter Pan 2, etc that I thought were real interesting to see! Also a great place for Disney Pins, or old Toys-to-Life figures like Skylanders or Disney Infinity.

Curious to hear if anyone has been, and to see anyone's neat finds whenever they do go!

Reactions: Nico and Jake S
Not to ruin anyone's private hunting ground for Orlando theme park props, but if you haven't heard of it before, the Lakeland Antique Mall is great! It's a big store with a whole bunch of booths with a large variety of real cool stuff, but for the purposes of a lot of IU members I imagine the most interesting section is the back of the store which is held by a large booth with a seller of various Disney and Universal Orlando props. HHN memorabilia, aftermarket park merch, Shrek 4-D Preshow props, used furniture from Disney hotels and cruises, promotional signs from tourism centers or Walmarts. It's a neat place!

In a different booth I found some classic 90s Disney Store merch like Flubber, A Bug's Life, or George of the Jungle plushes. Another booth had some retro Wal-Mart/Sam's Club DVD/CD promotional buttons that employees would wear for the release of Finding Nemo, Brandy's Cinderella, Garth Brooks CDs, Peter Pan 2, etc that I thought were real interesting to see! Also a great place for Disney Pins, or old Toys-to-Life figures like Skylanders or Disney Infinity.

Curious to hear if anyone has been, and to see anyone's neat finds whenever they do go!
Do you happen to know much of the Shrek 4D props do they have left? I know that after Shrek went to Yesterland in 2022 all the props including all 3 pig in the box animatronics were there, and the Pinocchio one was bought by I believe Orlando insider where they planned on refurbishing him.

Yeah they get some great stuff! Although it's all WAY overpriced...
I was going to bring up that ever since the vloggers started to cover them, prices have gone up ridiculously.

Some finds are great and a decent value, but others are pretty ridiculous. They were selling an Imagineering Binder for about $300 with a few pages based on show quality standards lol

It really does depend on the booth, but a lot of the park stuff in the back is pretty expensive. I do kinda get it though. I feel like these objects, especially defunct attraction pieces or HHN house props, are singular and will get bought by someone, no matter the price.

For collectors of other things though, I've found some real cool stuff for pretty crazy deals. It all depends on the visit and the person.

Do you happen to know much of the Shrek 4D props do they have left? I know that after Shrek went to Yesterland in 2022 all the props including all 3 pig in the box animatronics were there, and the Pinocchio one was bought by I believe Orlando insider where they planned on refurbishing him.
As of now they still have a ton of glasses, Farquaad torture tools, some Gift Shop props like the Three Little Pigs sign and Mirror prop, some of the outside queue boards with the movie posters and newspaper, and the 3 Little Pigs preshow crates. A pretty good selection still left.

Any antique store around here is bound to have a lot of old park stuff. Lot's of people who worked at the parks and retired and are downsizing (or died) and their old stuff is for sale. You never know when you'll stumble on something great...

It really does depend on the booth, but a lot of the park stuff in the back is pretty expensive. I do kinda get it though. I feel like these objects, especially defunct attraction pieces or HHN house props, are singular and will get bought by someone, no matter the price.

For collectors of other things though, I've found some real cool stuff for pretty crazy deals. It all depends on the visit and the person.

As of now they still have a ton of glasses, Farquaad torture tools, some Gift Shop props like the Three Little Pigs sign and Mirror prop, some of the outside queue boards with the movie posters and newspaper, and the 3 Little Pigs preshow crates. A pretty good selection still left.
I noticed that the props were from just one of the preshow rooms. as if they were from both there would have been six pigs in crates. I guess Universal wants to keep some of the props for themselves in storage at USF.