Last spin for the Mummy's tomb/ Ice tunnel | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Last spin for the Mummy's tomb/ Ice tunnel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
fandf.jpg

When you look at where the Mummy tunnle is, and you look at the location for the new tram animation on the evolution plan, you can see that they are not in the exact same place.  Both the Mummy tunnel and Fast and Furious can coexist! Universal might not want to have them both because they are so close to each other. But I think it would be cool to have a double feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks buddy! Great capture!

And Red Carpet, thanks for that, that's interesting. I mean, as Jon as stated in the past, the Expansion plan is just an outline. It doesn't have to be to the dot exactly what and how they'll build it. Maybe they'll just save money by getting rid of the spinning tunnel and the operating costs of running it (whatever they may be) and simply move the T8 animation a bit down.

You know, you're right, I didn't see that for a few years! After the "lit" spinning section, afterwards it just went dark. I didn't see the UV paintings of the Mummies for quite a while. It was actually a creepy feeling, I liked them! Really simple but added a lot.

(UV = Ultraviolet/blacklighting, similar to what Disney's dark rides use)

I'm sure I have a video somewhere where you can kinda see it.

Think of the painted dart room zombies zombies from Indiana Jones Adventure, but almost all purple, and spinning.

Kinda reminded me of a scene from Hercules.

Reactions: William
I remember the black light mummy's too. The lights went out and the tunnel was lit up with black lights and the mummy's were on the spinning tunnel walls.  2004 was my first visit to USH and I vividly remember this part of the tour.

Don't you find it odd that the Mummy tunnel closes right before the Mummy reboot? That seems a little suspicious. 

Don't you find it odd that the Mummy tunnel closes right before the Mummy reboot? That seems a little suspicious.
Not at all. The reboot is nowhere near done, and the Mummy's tunnel is nowhere near a substantial representation of the Mummy franchise as the Mummy ride/coaster is. If anything will be affected by the reboot, it'll be the Mummy ride. The tunnel was very old and had overheating issues and was not providing the "oomph" the new Universal is looking for. The tunnel's closure has nothing to do with the reboot...nothing suspicious.
Any pics?

I am expecting at least two new tour animations to come before Potter. One of them should be Fast and Furious. The other one I don't know what it is. But if it where to be based on the upcoming Mummy reboot it could be perfect timing.

One of them would definitely be F&F, but if they want anything to tie into the reboot, it'll be Revenge of the Mummy, that's the easiest retheme for them, no need to add another tour Mummy segment. Would seem kinda redundant in my opinion. I'd rather they focus on expanding their lineup and have many different types of attractions and based on many different themes.

For the Mummy, we've had Mummy walk through, Mummy tunnel, and the Mummy ride. Yeah, all based on the previous franchise, but still. Thats a lot of Mummy haha. I'd rather they just redo the Mummy ride if the new movies prove to be a hit.