least wild/intense ride(s), for a wheelchair user | Inside Universal Forums

least wild/intense ride(s), for a wheelchair user

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 5, 2016
Hello everyone :) I'm going to Universal Studios soon and am trying to get a good idea of what rides I might be able to ride. I'm in a power wheelchair full-time due to significant generalized muscle weakness. I will have an attendant with me who can help me transfer -- I realize that all rides besides the studio tour and Shrek 4D are not accessible to a wheelchair on the ride (though shows of course are).  Because of my condition, though, I avoid rides that are jerky or that have wild, fast movement. My attendant can put his arm around me for extra stabilization, and I've done fine on rides like Radiator Spring Racers, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, and Pirates of the Caribbean. I wouldn't want anything wilder than that, though, I don't think. If you guys could give me an idea of any rides that fit that description that'd be awesome. :) Thanks and advance!!! 

Hi TFReview, thanks for your reply :)  The guide for the Hollywood park, which I think I forgot to mention is the one I'm going to, says you have to transfer unfortunately. I think the Orlando might let you on in your chair... What about Transformers? Or either Harry Potter rides? Or are those all  pretty intense? I know Flight of the Hippigriff is supposed to be more of a family ride, right? I do ok with smooth motion and speed but rough, jerky, and/or sudden movements are what I'm not really comfortable with. Thanks again :)  

This is a forum for the Hollywood park so you're in the right place. There is no transfer for Despicable Me. You literally just roll up to the wheelchair spot in the theater and enjoy 3D movie. It was a recent addition from my understanding but my mom has a bad back (9 back surgeries) and she was able to enjoy the ride in the little wheelchair booth. You need to ask the employee at the front of the ride for accommodations.

For transformers and Harry Potter you may be out of luck as they have a lot of movement. I personally wouldn't risk it. Transformers is bumpy so i'd avoid that. Forbidden Journey is smooth but it really tosses you around, sometimes you're facing straight up, other times straight down.

Last edited by a moderator: