Legoland Florida | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Legoland Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Today was a busy day for us. We woke up super early and headed over to Legoland for the first time and then back over dinner at Epcot. Needless to say im beyond exhausted and headed to bed before another bust day at Universal. But for now here is a mini trip report.

Such a colorful and fun entrance. We really were impressed how great the park was and how much they had to do. Now I had never been there while it was Cypress Gardens but my wife who had been there before said she couldn't believe how different (in a good way) the park was. If you dont have little ones I could see how it may not appeal to some but s a parent I was as excited to be there as my kids seemed to be :lol:

Welcome to Legoland by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

One of the many colorful Lego models spread thru the park

Lego Clowns by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

My wife and daughter on the Boat School attraction. Legoland really knows what they are doing when it comes to building rides that kids and families can enjoy together.

Jenn and Cass at Boat School by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

I loved how the park was covered with Lego sculptures through out the park.

Lego Batman and Robin by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Part of the mega impressive Miniland USA. You could really spend a lot of time here looking at everything with some really detailed models.

Lego Vegas by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

To be continued . . . . . .

PS sorry for the lack of funny comments to my photos. My sense of humor went to sleep about an hour ago :pound:

I was at the community open house back when they did a lot of media announcements and stuff, and helped put together a few sections of a large mural they had (and maybe still have?) at the park entrance. I really want to go, but haven't found a good time where I feel like spending the money for a ticket.

I was going to try and get some construction shots but between the kids and my wife being cranked up all day I never got a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Love the pics, Mike! Looking forward to the rest! :thumbs: Did you get some of the Cypress Gardens area?

Thanks Felipe. Ill get around t posting more in the next day or so. Its bad to work and reality tomorrow after having this past week of :lol: and yes I did get a few shots in the Gardens area, mostly of the banyan tree. That section was the last we hit and by that time my wife wasnt feeling so well so we went through pretty quickly.

Thanks Felipe. Ill get around t posting more in the next day or so. Its bad to work and reality tomorrow after having this past week of :lol: and yes I did get a few shots in the Gardens area, mostly of the banyan tree. That section was the last we hit and by that time my wife wasnt feeling so well so we went through pretty quickly.

Seriously!! And freaking daylight saving time also taking away a precious hour of sleep... :lol:

http://florida.legoland.com/en/about/press/

LEGOLAND® FLORIDA ANNOUNCES MAJOR PARK EXPANSION OPENING SUMMER 2013 – THE WORLD OF CHIMA PRESENTED BY CARTOON NETWORK
Immersive new interactive water ride being built simultaneously with roll out of major new product line and national television series

Winter Haven, Fla. (March 19, 2013) – A powerful new energy source is coming to Central Florida. Already the largest LEGOLAND® park in the world, LEGOLAND® Florida is thrilled to announce another major park expansion coming summer 2013 adding to the park’s already exciting line up of more than 50 rides, shows and attractions designed specifically for families with children ages 2 to 12. Based on the new product line, LEGO® Legends of ChimaTM, LEGOLAND Florida will bring this fantastical world to life with The World of Chima presented by Cartoon Network. Families will embark on a journey in search of a mystical energy source through a highly-interactive water ride experience, the Quest for CHI. Guests can also try their hand at an action-packed SpeedorzTM Arena, meet the beloved Chima characters and be transported to the Land of Chima with a new 4D movie, which are all part of the family-friendly Chima experience.

Last edited:
Far from it :lol: It looks like a solid addition to the park. I'm very happy to see them continue to expand. Also how we're the crowds when you went Mike?

It was steady but not busy at all, but also my plan was to go on a weekday before the spring break crowds hit. Longest line we waited for was Boat School and that was only 10 min. Everything else was just about a walk on. We may have to swing by again in December during our Disney trip and check out the new land.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait to go here one day, looks really cool. My son (5) would love it!

My kids loved it (and so did I :lol: ) and they are almost 2 and almost 3. Not only do they have all the rides but the place is packed with different types of play areas that my kids loved

It was steady but not busy at all, but also my plan was to go on a weekday before the spring break crowds hit. Longest line we waited for was Boat School and that was only 10 min. Everything else was just about a walk on. We may have to swing by again in December during our Disney trip and check out the new land.

- - - Updated - - -

My kids loved it (and so did I :lol: ) and they are almost 2 and almost 3. Not only do they have all the rides but the place is packed with different types of play areas that my kids loved

That sounds awesome, and I know I'd love it as much too haha. I am seriously a kid anyways.

So, is this expansion the one with a "floating" island? You know, like Avatar is supposed to have?