Let's play being head of Universal Creative... | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Let's play being head of Universal Creative...

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I love all this.... like, a lot. Don’t need a Knight Bus ride, would rather they fit another show somehow.
I thought about another show, but then I considered a Legendary Pokemon/Mewtwo show for Poke-Land using similar tech to HTTYD

Also, thank you

This is relatively low impact to the park's current layout and involves mostly overlays and a few major projects

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Are DreamWorks theater and Trolls Live both shows?
If so back to the drawing board as 2 shows opposite each other is a bit too much imho.
I would put the top floors of both buildings together with a bridge where a ride vehicle can go from one building to the other adding an outside portion and some kinetic energy to the area to make one dark ride. The ground level will hold de queue and shops.
I would put a viewing area on top of the former Monster Café so an extra viewing area is added for concerts and extra outdoor dining.

Are DreamWorks theater and Trolls Live both shows?
If so back to the drawing board as 2 shows opposite each other is a bit too much imho.
I would put the top floors of both buildings together with a bridge where a ride vehicle can go from one building to the other adding an outside portion and some kinetic energy to the area to make one dark ride. The ground level will hold de queue and shops.
I would put a viewing area on top of the former Monster Café so an extra viewing area is added for concerts and extra outdoor dining.
Dreamworks Theater is more of a 3D-esque theater show, constant presentations, and a queue line (and no 3D glasses)

Trolls would be a dance type show with live actors and set show times (and also no 3D glasses haha)

Is there room in either the current Minion Mayhem or Shrek 4D to make a HTTYD type theatre show from Beijing?

The HTTYD show seems like an odd fit inside a land of HTTYD as it seems to basically be what the land does. I think the best bet would be to have a dark ride/simulator in that area instead, and have the show from Beijing in either USF or TL theatre plot.

Is there room in either the current Minion Mayhem or Shrek 4D to make a HTTYD type theatre show from Beijing?

The HTTYD show seems like an odd fit inside a land of HTTYD as it seems to basically be what the land does. I think the best bet would be to have a dark ride/simulator in that area instead, and have the show from Beijing in either USF or TL theatre plot.

No, the Beijing theater is taller than either Minions/Shrek and requires more space.

Dats what EU is for

Reactions: Nico
I have some ideas for replacing Fear Factor Live and A Day in the Park with Barney at Universal Studios Florida:

WaterWorld (replacement for FFL; If all the other Universal parks have this attraction, why hasn’t the Florida park gotten it yet?)

DreamWorks Trolls live show (replacement for Barney)

Reactions: belloq87
In the 90s, USF had an abundance of shows. In the 2000s, as for money, they had no money. In the 2010s, all of their stages are empty. Unless Universal changes how they've managed their stage offerings, I don't see Waterworld coming to USF.

You also have to consider that the other Waterworlds are in parks with significantly fewer attractions, and thus a greater need for a show that holds people for 30 minutes.

Reactions: Suchomimus
Water World fits into the area behind MIB - to the extreme right of MIB (leave space for the HHN tents and expansion space for Simpsons replacement area).

IOA would be perfect for it since it's missing a show and desperately needs one. Problem is that you only have the Lost Continent to play with and that would mean having to remove the great Lost Continent theming.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Water World fits into the area behind MIB - to the extreme right of MIB (leave space for the HHN tents and expansion space for Simpsons replacement area).

IOA would be perfect for it since it's missing a show and desperately needs one. Problem is that you only have the Lost Continent to play with and that would mean having to remove the great Lost Continent theming.

They could pull a page out of the OG USF playbook and do a modified Waterworld show in the IOA lagoon like the of Dynamite Nights Stuntacular.

USF needs attention BAD, and clearly with all the retro merch out and the popularity of it a classic property making a comeback would be an excellent addition to the park. Now if I wanted to go to easy route, I would say build a Back to the Future roller coaster that could become something like USF's Velocicoaster, a high thrill attraction that will draw in guests regardless of connection to the movies. 88 mph launch anyone?

If we want to get ambitious though and not stick to just one property, I think there's a great ride concept somewhere. Use the Scoop ride vehicle to take us on a trip through Universal Studios Florida...in 1990. Doc Brown has just rented out a soundstage in production central, and has invited Studio guests to star in a film showcasing his newest time machine. We board and drive through the soundstage a bit before blasting off into the past and finding ourselves in a slightly different park. Through some mishaps we break into soundstages of old attractions. An animatronic Kong chases us down city streets ala the Indominus Rex from Beijing's Jurassic World ride, we drop into a lagoon as Jaws tries to take a bite out of the ride vehicle, and we dodge debris in subway station earthquake. Flying above the park finally we take off and go back to the future watching the park change into how it is today before our very eyes, and then immediately crashing back through a soundstage wall to the unloading area. Yes it's a super stretch but could be a great tribute to the rides and movies that were once present in the park.

Totally wasn't inspired from this video.