Let's play being head of Universal Creative... | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Let's play being head of Universal Creative...

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wouldn't mind a preview center for Universal's Epic Universe at USF similar to that of Islands of Adventure at USF before 1999. Give viewers a real close-up of what Epic Universe would really entail for everyone to see.

Heck yeah. These things, when done right, are mini attractions.

And you know they would not be shy about selling t-shirts starting NOW.

Reactions: Paulio

I might agree with the T-shirts had hubris and hype not been the downfall of so many a major theme park project.

I wouldn't mind a preview center for Universal's Epic Universe at USF similar to that of Islands of Adventure at USF before 1999. Give viewers a real close-up of what Epic Universe would really entail for everyone to see.
You always hear stories of the legendary IOA Preview Center...I'd love to experience something like that in my lifetime!

Reactions: therock
I'd imagine we'll see some sort of preview as we get closer to the parks opening. Last I saw we're looking at a summer 2025 opening, so maybe something around the Holiday 2023 - Spring Break 2024 window. You want to advertise it early enough to encourage people to come back when it opens, but not so early that people delay trips waiting for it.

You always hear stories of the legendary IOA Preview Center...I'd love to experience something like that in my lifetime!

The IOA Preview Center was way more entertaining than Fallon, King Kong, and The Simpsons. Personally, for me, the Lost Continent display was the best compared to others (sadly, the island itself turns out to be shallow of its former self) Imagine what Epic Universe Preview Center could do with the touchpads, mobile apps, and other interactive features nowadays alongside the displays of certain IPs at the upcoming 3rd theme park.

I'd imagine we'll see some sort of preview as we get closer to the parks opening. Last I saw we're looking at a summer 2025 opening, so maybe something around the Holiday 2023 - Spring Break 2024 window. You want to advertise it early enough to encourage people to come back when it opens, but not so early that people delay trips waiting for it.

Yeah, but previews through clips or presentations aren't the same as going through the preview center where you can see full-on displays of what they have to offer, along with some interactive entertainment. Nowadays, they are usually present previews when the land or ride is very close to being finished though. It would be nice to see it brought back for old times' sake.

Yeah, I think in the tribute store we'll see some sort of preview center in Summer 2024 or so.

The IOA Preview Center was way more entertaining than Fallon, King Kong, and The Simpsons. Personally, for me, the Lost Continent display was the best compared to others (sadly, the island itself turns out to be shallow of its former self) Imagine what Epic Universe Preview Center could do with the touchpads, mobile apps, and other interactive features nowadays alongside the displays of certain IPs at the upcoming 3rd theme park.

Yeah, but previews through clips or presentations aren't the same as going through the preview center where you can see full-on displays of what they have to offer, along with some interactive entertainment. Nowadays, they are usually present previews when the land or ride is very close to being finished though. It would be nice to see it brought back for old times' sake.
I guess I'm old fashion but I get more excited by well made miniature models than a multi media orgy they just closed at Epcot.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I guess I'm old fashion but I get more excited by well made miniature models than a multi media orgy they just closed at Epcot.
Multi media orgies are what Walt wanted

I am not expecting a preview center for EU, more so a preview store...An enhanced Tribute Store if you will

It would take over the Legacy Store when the time comes

Unless they put a chicken tender place in there or something

Multi media orgies are what Walt wanted

I am not expecting a preview center for EU, more so a preview store...An enhanced Tribute Store if you will

It would take over the Legacy Store when the time comes

Unless they put a chicken tender place in there or something
Agreed, they wanna sell merch early on. Maybe you can get your power bands 6 months before opening, make up on some of the expensive construction costs

Alright, here goes. I'm going to pitch my dream theme park attraction. It would have the same ride system as Forbidden Journey, but based on a different film. This movie is a divisive, controversial yet iconic cult classic thats popularity has dwindled since its fandom's heyday in the early 2000s, but interest has been renewed in the 2020s.

That's right. I'm talking about Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. The Ride. I am not afraid to say this is one of my all time favorite movies and I think it is perfect material for a ride of Universal's caliber. Due to the unique type of cinematography Advent Children has, I think the Harry Potter dark ride style would fit this movie wonderfully. Like Forbidden Journey, I imagine this having an equal mix of both screens and practical effects to recreate its iconic scenes.

Reactions: shiekra38
The former Nickelodeon Studios building at Universal Studios Florida could be turned into a new attraction, maybe a special effects show similar to the "Lights! Camera! Action!" show at Universal Singapore and Universal Beijing.

Also, if the time had ever finally come for The Simpsons to leave Universal, because of Disney, The Simpsons Ride at Universal Hollywood could be replaced with Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon, with the Springfield area turned into a small New York area. I can't think of a replacement for Simpsons at Universal Florida at this time.

More ideas for USF and USH:

- DreamWorks Theatre as a replacement for the Barney show. The theatre can either present the Kung Fu Panda show or a Puss in Boots show (hence the upcoming sequel) as a change of pace.
- Fast and Furious Supercharged in Florida sucks. It should be replaced with a new version of the former Jaws ride!
- The Hollywood version of Revenge of the Mummy would be remodeled with the Florida and Singapore track layout. The building housing it would also be elevated to accommodate the track layout.

-Tear down Supercharged. Replace it with either a grand return of Jaws, or (the more likely option) a clone of the F&F coaster Hollywood is getting. F&F is very much welcomed, great fun movies and huge potential for a fun ride, so I'd like to see the property stay in the parks. Just... not Supercharged.

-Keep MIB, but give it a much-needed refurbishment. Fix all the broken guns, broken targets, bad audio, and please, add more targets in the final section before the red button.

-Simpsons has to close by 2028, time to head Back to the Future! But don't just re-theme the ride. No, tear that thing to the ground, or change the type of simulator it is (Soarin' with Doc Brown anyone?).

-KidZone we know is likely gonna become Pokemon after EU, so can't really say much here, besides please just retheme Curious George and don't tear it down. Such a fun water play area.

-Fix the timing on Hulk's music.

-Tear down Toon Lagoon theater already! Bring in Bikini Bottom! Don't get rid of Toon Lagoon though, it's perfect.

-I think besides River Adventure, JW could still use one more ride. Put it anywhere, besides Camp Jurassic. Never get rid of Camp Jurassic.

-Lost Continent... Oh boy. I know it's probably gonna be replaced with Zelda after EU and Pokemon, but that's gonna be a while. Do something, anything with Sinbad. Bring back the show, put in a new show, tear it down for a new ride, I don't care, do something!

-Let's finally bring in the Mount Crumpit coaster to Seuss-Landing! And please do something with Cat in the Hat, whether that's bringing back the spinning, replacing it with a new dark, just do something to fix it.

Well, when you make an attraction about riding the movies, you need a plot. And “something going wrong” is often a big plot point of a movie. I dunno if I want to go see a movie where everything just goes right.

I've got another! The former Fear Factor Live could be replaced with either the return of Jaws, a James Bond stunt show, the return of Terminator 2 3D, or the return of Back to the Future.

One of the former two could also be possible candidates to, like what @HHN Maddux said, replace the Simpsons. Of course, that also begs this question: Where will Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge, and Maggie move to? (SPOILER: It would be Walt Disney World, either at Disney's Hollywood Studios or at a "fifth gate" themed after the popular show!)

• Love
Reactions: shiekra38
Starting to feel desolate here with no new idea to come up with, so I've got more!: A Cuphead attraction to replace the Toon Lagoon Amphitheater! Cuphead is a video game, by the way, that is themed after vintage cartoons.

If Marvel ends up leaving Islands of Adventure, Super Hero Island could be replaced with Transformers: Metrobase, with the Hulk coaster becoming the Decepticoaster and the Spider-Man ride replaced with Transformers: The Ride. The Universal Studios Florida version of the latter would be replaced with The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash, with the New York area of the park expanding to accommodate the attraction.

Another possible replacement for Supercharged at USF would be a Fast & Furious-themed 3D dark ride.

If the Jaws ride would ever return to USF, it could replace both the former Fear Factor show building and the Men in Black ride.

Last edited: