Liquids Ban | Inside Universal Forums

Liquids Ban

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Several other sites and people on Twitter are reporting that security in CityWalk is not permitting any type of liquid, period.

We'll see if it's permanent. Some say it's indefinite, others saying it's just due to the busy Holiday weekend crowds.

Doesn't surprise me a whole lot that they are moving that direction based on how strict they have been in the past. One question, does all liquids include baby formula?

Doesn't surprise me a whole lot that they are moving that direction based on how strict they have been in the past. One question, does all liquids include baby formula?

Haven't seen anyone tweet specifics - but as far as I can tell, it's absolutely no liquids.

If I had to guess, it may be more of a security concern than drunkards.

No real point in pontificating if this is due to underage drinking or a security measure. It's most likely temporary. Bigger questions should be when will they fix the nightmarish security wall in the parking lot atrium.

I remember a couple HHN's ago my girlfriend brought in a cup from whatever fast food place we had just eaten at and got stopped by security so he could smell the cup for alcohol. He made her take the lid off and hold it up to his nose so he could sniff it. I get the point of doing that, but it seemed really odd--something you'd expect at a small time mom and pop place but not at a huge theme park. It just seemed sort of un-professional because of how unsanitary that is. Needless to say she threw the cup out right after that anyway...so I'd say this protocol makes more sense than individually sniffing everything which was just gross and weird.

Must be Buy Our Overpriced Beverages Day. No thanks.

Also, they're apparently making people throw dozens of water bottles into the trash. So much for the Green is Universal shtick, eh?

Last edited:
Doesn't really bother me as you can get free water anywhere in the park anyways. Its kind of a hassle to carry around bottles anyways.

As for baby formula or milk for infants I believe there are federal laws and regulations in place where a place of business cannot deny or ban parents from bring those items for babies and infants.

Doesn't really bother me as you can get free water anywhere in the park anyways. Its kind of a hassle to carry around bottles anyways.

Oh, does Utah have really sucky sulphury water too? :smiley: That said, Florida water put through a Brita filter tastes better than bottled. I would buy one of these and use the park tap water too.

Hero_Hard_Side_Gray-1-247x500.png

It looks to me like its just temporary for the holiday weekend/until Mardi Gras events are over this year. Isn't Fat Tuesday/Ash Wednesday this week too? It's probably just a precaution to make sure that no one gets hurt while attending the parks/events.

I normally either go to Publix when I get into to town and grab a 24 pack of bottles for $5 or use my old meal deal cup and ask for refills of tap water all day. It's free and the people working the counter service don't mind in the least!

Reactions: Coasted
The fact that this happened out of the blue means either there was a specific security threat that prompted it (terrorist threat), or an incident that caused them to institute the policy because something happened (underage drinking led to problems, etc.).

The fact that Universal is specifically saying this is NOT a permanent change leads me to believe this is just addressing a specific threat or problem which will pass.