Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Little Known Hotel Perks

Volcano Bay EP is a separate purchase. The hotel pass does not carry over to there. I book through Universal but never a package just the room. Try both the hotel directly and Universal portal, almost always Universal has the better price and selection of rooms.

I booked with Loews website directly. They have a great cancellation policy - full cancellation up until five days before I think. Watch out for a rogue website that looks like Loews. Check ‘Stay More Save More’ %s as I’m sure 7 days was 35% whereas your 5-6days will be less discount. Sure you kno FYI price varies each hotel night, but the % is applied to every day - thus if seventh day is a higher $ day (Saturdays etc) then adding a seventh day could be less of a saving (if you kno what I mean), or may be almost free if is a lower $ and gets you that increased % across all the nights!

What’s the best place to book the hotels? Looks like I might only be doing 5 or 6 nights there now but the express pass means I’ll be getting more bang for my buck anyway so it’s a huge advantage.

How does the express pass work for Volcano Bay?
Like Joe Camel, I always book my hotel room through the Universal internet side, just click on hotels and the Stay More Save More special. That will give you the seasonal rate plus the percentage saving with 6 or 7 day booking. And you get the Express pass for both your hotel arrival date day and your hotel departure date day. So if you're staying 6 nights, you can actually use your Express pass for 7 days....5 days cancellation policy there also.....Yes, as Coasted says, 7 nights discount is the best percentage, but the percentage changes depending on the season. Since you're going in September, that's usually the max discount. You need to book soon though, since Universal hotels fill up early now

Last edited:
Like Joe Camel, I always book my hotel room through the Universal internet side, just click on hotels and the Stay More Save More special. That will give you the seasonal rate plus the percentage saving with 6 or 7 day booking. And you get the Express pass for both your hotel arrival date day and your hotel departure date day. So if you're staying 6 nights, you can actually use your Express pass for 7 days....5 days cancellation policy there also.....Yes, as Coasted says, 7 nights discount is the best percentage, but the percentage changes depending on the season. Since you're going in September, that's usually the max discount. You need to book soon though, since Universal hotels fill up early now
I have been hearing from several people that the last of September dates for Aventura are had to come by. Seems there is some event starting on the 14th and everyone decided that looked like a good place to stay so one of the deluxe would be a better chance of getting the dates you want.

I’m hoping to get everything booked next month when I get a bonus on transferring my miles and Disney dining comes back. The more I look into it, the more evident it is that the Universal hotels are far superior.

I think I’ll be doing 10 days at Disney then 5 days at RP. Arrive early at universal and get that express pass to use and leave my bags at he hotel until the room is ready. Weirdly the cheapest hotel I can find at Disney just now is the Swan. I’ve managed to find RP for about £750 for 5 nights which is about £250 cheaper than booking through Universal.

I’m hoping to get everything booked next month when I get a bonus on transferring my miles and Disney dining comes back. The more I look into it, the more evident it is that the Universal hotels are far superior.

I think I’ll be doing 10 days at Disney then 5 days at RP. Arrive early at universal and get that express pass to use and leave my bags at he hotel until the room is ready. Weirdly the cheapest hotel I can find at Disney just now is the Swan. I’ve managed to find RP for about £750 for 5 nights which is about £250 cheaper than booking through Universal.
They take care of you UKers with better rates than we get here.:)

They take care of you UKers with better rates than we get here.:)

I think it all comes down to the exchange rate. It's still pretty low after Brexit. About 5 years ago, it was almost always cheaper to book through a US site unless it was a last minute sale by a tour operator. I think a lot of the deals on just now are trying a bit harder to make Brits travel.

For anybody staying at CBBR, Virgin Holidays in the UK is your best bet. It might not be the cheapest by you get free parking, late check out and a welcome drink voucher which always makes it cheaper.

1. Free Dining - WDWPrepSchool podcasts used to say WDW hotel rates increased, when free dining offer is on ie not quite so ‘free’ dining. I’d be interested to see if you notice an increase.

2. Swan FP+ I remember in 2015 some ‘not 100% Disney’ hotels on WDW property initially had lesser FP+ days ie 30 vs 60. I think Swan Doplhin are now ok, but not sure

1. Free Dining - WDWPrepSchool podcasts used to say WDW hotel rates increased, when free dining offer is on ie not quite so ‘free’ dining. I’d be interested to see if you notice an increase.

2. Swan FP+ I remember in 2015 some ‘not 100% Disney’ hotels on WDW property initially had lesser FP+ days ie 30 vs 60. I think Swan Doplhin are now ok, but not sure
I believe they changed Swan and Dolphin to 60 days on fastpass just in the past year.....Also, I believe Swann & Dolphin have always charged for parking plus they have a hidden resort fee they charge that's separate from the quoted room rates.

I believe they changed Swan and Dolphin to 60 days on fastpass just in the past year.....Also, I believe Swann & Dolphin have always charged for parking plus they have a hidden resort fee they charge that's separate from the quoted room rates.
My friend Kelly will be at Swan&Dolphin (not sure which) first couple of weeks in May and has made her FP selections so it is 60 out.

I’ll keep an eye on it. Worst case scenario, I’ll stay at CBBR for the duration. Location is perfect and I don’t have as much planned this time so I’ll take in more of the resort offerings. Never really ventured into the hotels so I’ll have a look at what’s on offer for next time.