Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Loews Royal Pacific’s Room Renovations Complete at Universal Orlando

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Got to stay in a refurb room last Nov. Not a huge fan as the old ones are more practical and these new ones have the non-locking sliding door bathroom doors that I HATE. LET ME POOP IN PRIVATE.

Got to stay in a refurb room last Nov. Not a huge fan as the old ones are more practical and these new ones have the non-locking sliding door bathroom doors that I HATE. LET ME POOP IN PRIVATE.
And that's one of the big reasons we prefer Portofino over RP. The Portofino bathrooms are so huge you could put a pool table in and still have lot's of room. :)

Wow, looks very nice. The rooms were pale in comparison to Portofino. They stepped it up. So are all of the rooms like this now or only certain ones? I just booked three nights for September (Standard king bed room).

That's the new thing all the "boutique hotels" are doing and I just don't get it. I want a door that locks and closes TIGHTLY on my hotel bathroom! Those sliding doors just suck...

When did they start this, I don't notice anything different from when I went to last September for horror nights

The room refurbishments were done floor by floor in each wing. You probably got the last remaining rooms pre refurb. Took about 18 months to do this all.

Now if I could only get a damn room in this place. RPR used to be my home away from home but now I can't even get in. :lol: Oh well.. staying in Cabana but I'll keep checking.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this but does anybody know if they sell Kona Coffee in Royal Pacific at any of the stores or restaurants?

I know the Polynesian does but this would make things a little easier. My wife loves the stuff and it would be nice if she could get a cup to start the day.

Great video. That reminds me. I need to do the luau there as I've never actually done it. I had such a bad experience with the food at SeaWorld's luau that I actually ended up having to hit up Orchid Court Lounge at the RPR after for some sustenance.

Wasn't aware of this. Stay here every year so it's nice to see something changed up. RPR is my favorite hotel because I feel like it gives off a more vacation feel than the other ones do.