Lost my Universal Preferred AP | Inside Universal Forums

Lost my Universal Preferred AP

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 21, 2012
Florida
I lost my entire wallet on Expedition Everest (or somewhere in Asia at DAK) and it had my Universal Preferred Annual Pass in it. I called Guest Services and they told me to go the Guest Services building at the entrance to Universal Studios. I do have a few questions though... If anyone else has had the same problem, please help me out!

1. Does it cost money to get a new AP. If so, how much?

2. Do I need to only bring my ID to get a new one? Or more? I was thinking I would bring a printed receipt of my AP purchase, just in case. Will that be enough?

3. I hadn't had a chance to use my AP yet. Will this be a problem?

I've had mine replaced due to wear & tear also and never been charged. I was told once that the next time it would cost me ($10 I think) but I've never actually been charged.

Usually, you just need your id to get it replaced. If you have your receipt, bring it with you, it can't hurt.

Just go to Guest Services and have your ID ready, that is all you need.

This, also make sure you mention to parking that you have an annual pass but you lost it. They can look it up, just give them your ID and they can give you a parking comp so you won't have to pay.

If they say you have to pay, tell them you know you don't. Toll plaza has some people who aren't trained properly and might be uninformed. Just ask to speak to a lead.

How can you bring your ID if you lost your whole wallet?
I immediately went to the DMV and got a new one once I got back to Jax Beach.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you been to Lost and Found at DAK? Disney has a really good L&F unit.

Yes, they didn't find anything. I went to Expedition Everest and they searched all the trains, then I went to Lost and Found at the front of the park and they didn't find anything. I did call the day after and ask if they found anything. No luck. I did file a missing items report.

Thanks for the help everyone! I'm glad to know it isn't a big deal to get a new AP.

You said you have not used it.But you have the actual AP ?
or just the confirmation number ?
If not active you need the CC it was purchased on.
(that was probably in your wallet)

You said you have not used it.But you have the actual AP ?
or just the confirmation number ?
If not active you need the CC it was purchased on.
(that was probably in your wallet)
I have not used it but I did have the actual AP shipped to me.

What is the CC?

Sorry to hear about your issues, Bryce. On a slightly different tangent, I have a question about AP's. We recently renewed ours online. Are our original passes valid right now or do we have to exchange them at Guest Services or something before we try to enter the parks?

Sorry to hear about your issues, Bryce. On a slightly different tangent, I have a question about AP's. We recently renewed ours online. Are our original passes valid right now or do we have to exchange them at Guest Services or something before we try to enter the parks?

Your pass should be valid. I'm trying to remember the last time I renewed mine online - I'm pretty sure I just continued to use the same pass

CC is credit card

I lost my debit card as well.

I just called Universal Orlando Guest Services again and they said an ID will be the only thing necessary. I still am going to print out a copy of my receipt, just in case.

Last edited:

You use the same pass as long as you keep renewing it. IMHO though, my pass never lasts more than 1-2 years because it fades and I have to get a new one printed.

Okay guys, so I'm going to IOA Saturday, and this is my first trip to Universal since I bought the pass in May, and then lost it...

- What are the chances that someone else could've used my AP, especially since I lost my whole wallet and my (old) ID was in it?

- Will it be a problem getting it back if my shipping address (the one Universal has) and the address on my license are different? My parents are divorced and I use my dad's address on my liscense for insurance purpose, but I primarily live with my mom and that was where my first AP was shipped to.

I am so paranoid, if you can't tell. I'm also scared that since I bought it months ago and haven't used it, and lost it, that it somehow disappeared in the system. Ahhhh! If worse comes to worse, I'll just a power pass that day.

They wont be able to use it without your finger print. Should be no problem showing your ID and getting a replacement, even with a different address. Just relax :meditate: It will be fine. Ive lost my wallet and pass before also and had to get a new one and was no big deal

They wont be able to use it without your finger print. Should be no problem showing your ID and getting a replacement, even with a different address. Just relax :meditate: It will be fine. Ive lost my wallet and pass before also and had to get a new one and was no big deal

That's not entirely true. The fingerprint scanners don't actually read fingerprints like a government fingerprint scanner, they merely take the size of the finger and record that (this is coming from someone I know who does this). The main point of these scanners is to actually discourage people who are stealing them and think that the machines are super accurate. If they were, there would never be any problems with anyone getting into the park...yet time and time again, you see people using their valid AP's and getting denied the first couple of times. They tell you to place it firmly down, in this and that position, etc., and that's because they're recording the shape and size of the finger itself, not the actual print. Too high-tech for a simple theme park.

Now, you do see your fingerprint on the screen when you are given access, but from what I understand, that information is not stored. Just the general idea of what your finger "feels like" to the machine.

That being said, I still wouldn't worry about someone having used your AP. If someone stole your wallet and was dumb enough to start using things in it, they are going to be too frightened to use the ticket and risk getting busted (they don't know you haven't used it yet, and probably think the fingerprint works). That's IF someone stole it in the first place. You'll be good :thumbs:

Thanks guys... I'm pretty much running every worse possible scenario through my head, which I shouldn't do. I'm just scared something will go wrong. Though this is all reassuring.

:smiley:

Thanks guys... I'm pretty much running every worse possible scenario through my head, which I shouldn't do. I'm just scared something will go wrong. Though this is all reassuring.

:smiley:

That's a good thing to do, because you'll be pleasantly surprised when everything works out fine! :smiley: