Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lower Lot Redesign

They're deciding the host city for 2024 this September. So that would still be plenty of time.

What I'm saying is that if we're going to wait ten years to go through DA over here, they should forget. Part of our Pitter's lack of success was likely because they waited too long. By the time they will wait to open it when the Olympics start, it will be ten years since Orlandos. WAY too long. Might as well forget it.  

What I'm saying is that if we're going to wait ten years to go through DA over here, they should forget. Part of our Pitter's lack of success was likely because they waited too long. By the time they will wait to open it when the Olympics start, it will be ten years since Orlandos. WAY too long. Might as well forget it.  

They're deciding the host city for 2024 this September. So that would still be plenty of time.

And there is something to note with the Olympics for that year, which sets why I exactly say this.

NBCUniversal will have the Tele rights for the 2024 Olympics.

If NBCUniversal were in the smart footsteps, they would want to get the park prepared for the onslaught that is Olympic Crowds, but to mass market the studio and theme park with them. It would be an insanely easy way to synergize off of the Olympics and the Parks at the exact same time.

At this point, while I certainly don't have any access to specific reports, I'd dispute the statement that our Potter wasn't successful.  Did they ever need those timed entrance tickets?  No, and those masses upon masses of crowds that many expected on opening weekend never materialized. 

But every time I go into the park (and it's about once a week), the area is mobbed, the shops are mobbed, and there are interactive wands and butterbeer all over the place.  The amount of merch is staggering, and hasn't dropped one bit since I've been going.  Not to mention the fact that FJ generally always gets to at least a 90 minute line or more for a good portion of the day, every day.  So did it hit projections out of the gate?  Maybe not.  But does it seem to be holding its own over time?  Sure seems that way, and let's not forget about that Labor Day weekend not so long ago where they actually had to close the park due to crowds.

Even Walking Dead tends to have a line more often than not, and I notice that while it opens late, it's generally no longer closing 2 hours before the park does like it used to... so there seems to be a crowd demand to keep it open later.  And I personally think HP has been a large factor in those crowds.

I, too, am interested to know how our Potter was not a success? Because Opening Day wasn't as big as anticipated? I thought that overall attendance is up from the last three years.

I, too, am interested to know how our Potter was not a success? Because Opening Day wasn't as big as anticipated? I thought that overall attendance is up from the last three years.

Allow me to clarify as I was in a position to post quickly. It also explains that awful typos. I used the word lack of success not because it was a total failure, but they missed out on more potential success because they waited too long. All I was saying was that if they should wait ten years after Orlando's Diagon were to open, they might as well forget it. A good chunk of people that REALLY want to see it will have already saved up the dough and have gone by then. 

I wouldn't say that our Wizarding World was unsuccessful. I just think the wow factor died down quite a bit since it was the third of its kind, and Orlando got an expansion while ours was still being built. Still, our park's attendance has never been higher.

Exactly. The park is doing great. Too bad we didn't get it earlier (And we should have) so the "wow!" factor could still be intact. Hopefully USH won't make the same mistake with Nintendo. 

Diagon would not fit in the location of 22-25/28 anyway so I think it's safe to assume that Diagon isn't what they're working on downstairs. I would like to see at least 2 attractions fill this new land, maybe even an expanded jurassic park area.

Thanks for clarifying, Freak. I wonder how much impact Potter in Osaka had on Hollywood. Seems to me even if we had been second we would not have had the same success as Florida. Do you feel that if HP had opened here in, say, 2012 or 2013 it would have been more of a success?

Thanks for clarifying, Freak. I wonder how much impact Potter in Osaka had on Hollywood. Seems to me even if we had been second we would not have had the same success as Florida. Do you feel that if HP had opened here in, say, 2012 or 2013 it would have been more of a success?

IF ours had opened around that time, I would argue that it would definitely be more successful since the whole concept would still seem a lot more fresh in everyone's eyes. The reason Florida's grand opening was successful was because they were the first one. 

I don't think USH will be getting Diagon Alley, and if they do, I'll be surprised they're still going through with it.

I'm kind of leaning towards this direction. If they really want to bring this over here, they better start building like, um NOW. If they drag on any longer, Diagon will delve over into "they waited too long" territory. Plus, I don't want to wait forever for another clone.

I mentioned this previously, but I wouldn't be that bummed out to not get DA or Gringotts. The area is REALLY nice (one of the nicest "lands" any theme park has ever made, IMO), but it would be a shame to use all of that space for a lot of shops and an "eh" screen-heavy thrill ride. Gringotts was fun, but not really a top 10 ride for me.

I really want to see USH make a really solid indoor coaster. Something that has excellent theming, special effects, and something thrilling. Something along the lines of Florida's Mummy, but maybe slightly more thrilling and elaborate. I'd rather see that than Gringotts. 

As much as I personally would like to see DA, I tend to believe that at this point, it's not coming.  I agree that if it were, work should have already begun.

I personally feel Diagon takes up too much space for only 1 attraction. This park needs to be like Disneyland (and Knott's with attractions lined up around the park and in some cases stacked on top of each other. Maximize the limited space they have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see a Fantasyland style land, where they have 3 or 4 small dark rides.

I wonder where they could get a library of colorful, kid friendly characters that everybody knows and loves that would lend themselves perfectly to this. HRMMMMMMMMM.

Dr. Seuss land. Think of the possibilities: A Grinch Mount Crumpet coaster, the scrapped Lorax ride, the Cat in the Hat, plus a teacup ride and a merry go round. 

The coolest part would be if they did that, they can get creative with the space given. They could have one ride on top of another to save space. 

If they really want to make more family rides that are highly themed and don't take up much space, a Dr Seuss land would be great: 

so... does anyone think this area is still for the secret of pets???  I honestly believe the whole thing got cancelled and we might be getting something we haven't mentioned.