Lower Lot Redesign | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If SLOP is no longer going in that spot I am VERY curious to see what they thought of instead. Would Diagon be back on the table for going there now? Or are they for sure wanting to put it right next to Hogsmeade?

Honestly, I'd hope if they do a potter expansion for USH itself, it'd be next to Hogsmeade and it doesn't match Diagon (Sees Forbidden Forest coming to Orlando).

Diagon is now rumored to go near WOTW.:lol:

A birdie told me that SLOP will be replacing the Courtyard...Not too sure if he's that trustworthy of a source though.

If they were to put SLoP in the Upper lot, the Courtyard's .55 acres when you consider it originally being on the SS28 location.

Honestly, I would ponder of the logistics of taking a T2/DM approach, and doing the building over on the right facing side of French Street (as you approach Minion Way).

EDIT: Redoing the check, and it actually is .59, which when I redid the calculations, that actually does match in size..

Last edited:
Diagon is now rumored to go near WOTW.:lol:

A birdie told me that SLOP will be replacing the Courtyard...Not too sure if he's that trustworthy of a source though.
I would be disappointed if Diagon were going downstairs instead of the WotW area. That would be a LOT of space devoted to just one ride and a bunch of shops that are already on the other side of the US for a while.

After looking on maps on how big the courtyard is, that’s just right to put Pets there. That’s really going to suck for HHN though as we’ll lose a venue.

Maybe your source isn’t too far off.

Diagon ride simply has no room in the park though and it would mean tearing down more sound-stages and making it harder for Studio Tour to be very viable as well as the film and TV operations in the backlot. The SSs and others beyond the New York Street are already scheduled for SNW. Honestly, SLOP should be the last on the bottom of the list to be considered an attraction, as they're not as memorable or recognizable as much as Nintendo.

After what Murdy is saying about losing a house venue for another project, here’s what’s happening:

WaterWorld ain’t leaving, JP isn’t getting redone anytime soon, and metro is needed for filming, so those venues aren’t going anywhere for HHN. Mummy is, however, in serious danger as it’s rumored to go for Nintendo. Then there’s also the Pets rumor on the Backlot.

So what does this mean? I would imagine Pets will want to be open by next year when that new movie comes out. If it’s going in Parisian, either Murdy doesn’t know and it’s a new decision, or it’s going in AA instead (most likely; IDK where else it would go). Parisian may be safe....

But Mummy has got to be it on the chopping block. We better enjoy it while we can.

After what Murdy is saying about losing a house venue for another project, here’s what’s happening:

WaterWorld ain’t leaving, JP isn’t getting redone anytime soon, and metro is needed for filming, so those venues aren’t going anywhere for HHN. Mummy is, however, in serious danger as it’s rumored to go for Nintendo. Then there’s also the Pets rumor on the Backlot.

So what does this mean? I would imagine Pets will want to be open by next year when that new movie comes out. If it’s going in Parisian, either Murdy doesn’t know and it’s a new decision, or it’s going in AA instead (most likely; IDK where else it would go). Parisian may be safe....

But Mummy has got to be it on the chopping block. We better enjoy it while we can.

I'm betting Mummy, and somewhat starting to think that they are now lining Orlando and Hollywood's projects to begin work at the exact same time, allowing them to open both extremely close to each-other for a 2021 debut.

And...Pets rumor for the Backlot? You mean the Persian Courtyard?

I'm betting Mummy, and somewhat starting to think that they are now lining Orlando and Hollywood's projects to begin work at the exact same time, allowing them to open both extremely close to each-other for a 2021 debut.

And...Pets rumor for the Backlot? You mean the Persian Courtyard?
Yeah. I shouldn’t post on ADD.

Either Murdy doesn’t know yet or it’s not going in Parisian. It makes too much sense for it to put it in Oatisian as it would be just right. It takes up so little space and they can have an Illumination mini land with Minions right there.

There’s always the possibility of them starting in November and working like mad to open June or July.

If they’re wanting to have projects open at relatively the same time across both coasts would that mean Mummy is shutting down relatively soon? Like within the year?

If they’re wanting to have projects open at relatively the same time across both coasts would that mean Mummy is shutting down relatively soon? Like within the year?

I would assume so.

Honestly, with the way things are shaping up, I can see Kidzone (USF) and Mummy (USH) get closed by Labor Day, and begin work on getting the in-park stuff gone as soon as possible. However for Hollywood, they will need to get started on the rest of those Park Lake facades as soon as possible as-well, so that's another factor to take into play.

About the last sentence, I welcome it. While it's worrying that we don't get to have a roller coaster attraction at the Hollywood Park, it's refreshing to see the Mummy being on the chopping block. I don't think anyone wants a cheap our version, unlike Florida and Singapore. I'm more excited about Nintendo being at a Los Angeles park, especially in the middle of a backlot, than any projects including SLOP, a movie which doesn't have a Universal appeal of that of Nintendo.

Now that JP is going to be down until next Summer, is Mummy going to leave next year? That will mean the lower lot will be down to one ride for almost a year including HHN. This will really get interesting.

The only thing that doesn't quite jibe for me about SLOP going in Parisian is that they just spent a lot of time redoing the floors there. Why do all that work, then just tear it back up so (relatively) soon?

Reactions: ush.hacker
This close source had told me that they are going to built SLoP close to Despicable Me to create some form of illumination land and that Orlando is planning to remove shrek so they can have there Illumination Land as well. SLoP was going to be at the lower lot but it was scrapped. Also in the near future Phase two of Harry Potter is going on the upper lot .

Reactions: ush.hacker
This close source had told me that they are going to built SLoP close to Despicable Me to create some form of illumination land and that Orlando is planning to remove shrek so they can have there Illumination Land as well. SLoP was going to be at the lower lot but it was scrapped. Also in the near future Phase two of Harry Potter is going on the upper lot .

So should we expect a simulator ride or such? I don't go to USH that often since I live in Nor-Cal, but my impression is that the Higher Lot doesn't have as much space as much as the Lower Lot due to the amount of space it has (if the soundstages are torn down to make room).

Let me through some more into this mix...

If Diagon Alley is coming to WotW in the backlot, then I believe that a 2nd gate will come into play. There is no way we would have a land sit out there in the middle of nowhere and cut off the tram for Supercharged. Remember we have Orlando management running Hollywood now so that Creative can have more control on the product. And everything points to Orlando's product and experience coming to Hollywood.

Nintendo will still go downstairs. If JP refurb begins in September 2018 and concludes by December 31, then Mummy could always close early 2019. I know the park does not want to lose a coaster, but Nintendo is a tough sell for Stages 22-25

Last edited:
Reactions: k_peek_2000

If SLoP moves to the Globe Theater, I am afraid this attraction has made a major redesign and could possibly incorporate....dare I say it....screens. This plot is so much smaller than any other plot in the Lower Lot. Universal won't remove Parisian Courtyard because this would create a major problem with removing food venues, office space, and restrooms.

My thoughts are that SLoP could replace Walking Dead for its queue and the ride could incorporate all of the real estate of the Globe Theater. This "could" be the lost maze location... Plus, if JP is closed in September, they may not allow the queue to be used for a maze.

If Diagon Alley is coming to WotW in the backlot, then I believe that a 2nd gate will come into play. There is no way we would have a land sit out there in the middle of nowhere and cut off the tram for Supercharged. Remember we have Orlando management running Hollywood now so that Creative can have more control on the product. And everything points to Orlando's product and experience coming to Hollywood.

Nintendo will still go downstairs. If JP refurb begins in September 2018 and concludes by December 31, then Mummy could always close early 2019. I know the park does not want to lose a coaster, but Nintendo is a tough sell for Stages 22-25

Please no, I don't want any more screen simulator rides; there's more enough to them in the parks than they are. Otherwise, it just shows Universal doesn't care about much of its own properties, as they treat properties from 3rd party companies, where they're restricted what they can do. The queue for the Walking Dead is very important, not to mention the attraction opened not too long ago, so unless Universal can figure where to redirect them and not lose out the story feel for TWD, then it's worthless to have the queue replaced or be redirected for a ride not opened long ago.

The Diagon Alley at the backlot connecting to Hogsmeade? Would it be like some train thingy like Universal Orlando have? Or some stairways or something like that?

As for the Mummy though, I could care less, but it does seem awkward since USH would lose its only major coaster in the park. However, due to the recent direction Universal is going, they're trying to make the park equally as family-friendly as Disney parks are, in order to attract more crowds. With Nintendo inches closer to Universal Orlando and Los Angeles, some old things have to go on the chopping block in order to make room for new ones.

If SLoP becomes 3D, all of my interest for the ride will perish. Do they not understand that people are sick of all of the screens in the park? Hot dang it’s like they WANT to piss everybody off. “You want less 3D in the park according to the surveys? Well screw you because SCREENS ARE UNIVERSAL!”

But a second gate for USH would be amazing.

Last edited: