Lower Lot Redesign | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not mad bruh just saying the facts. Also I stated which you kindly neglected I enjoy both as well.

Your argument revolves around the diversity of parks in Southern California(LA metro area). Parks like Knotts and SFMM are able to stay supported from the local demographic. Some tourists may make a stop by one of these parks if they have an extra day but by in large people do not plan a trip based on these parks. When you have a population of 22 million + people in close proximity these Parks work, Orlando does not have this hell the state of Florida barely has it. These parks feed on the locals and sometimes spillover from the major players. Also you discuss variety yet in dozens of locations around the US there are only “amusement parks” with rollercoasters as the main draw, where is our “theme parks” our immersive lands but that’s ok with you. Families want immersion, coaster enthusiasts want(well) coasters. Theme vs amusement there is a difference. Don’t go to Disney and universal if you feel the need for coasters that day. Busch gardens isn’t far from Orlando man take a day trip and on top of that why don’t you complain to the owners of skyplex for your new crazy thrills. Now disparity between Orlando and la just shrunk with BGT and Skyplex cancelling Knotts and SFMM. Let’s not even get started on the water parks lol. Move on you complain to complain. Now the CP vs SFMM as I said in my opinion it’s CP but that apparently made you mad bruh. Opinion not fact in this case, their is a difference read thoroughly before making snarky comments. Plus SFMM is just starting to be open year round let’s see how it goes man.

Not gonna lie. It's really hard to read your posts man.

Can you try breaking it into paragraphs bruh?

Personally, I don't buy the whole "Castle as their landmark" discussion. It's way too similar to Magic Kingdom, and Universal isn't Magic Kingdom. And, while I think SNW will be the main area of the park, I don't think it'll be the centerpiece. It'll be something else, something completely new to the Universal parks. LOTR, Pokemon, Classic Monsters, and/or a brand new themed land fit that bill.

Keep in mind, Universal's target demographic is still teenagers. And, even though they'll build a more family-friendly park, they're not going to forget about what got them here.

Classic Monsters Land? Bruh, I've given up on that dream a LONG, LONG time ago.

That's what I'm trying to tell you dude. Universal is shifting away from the older demographics & focusing more on the family demo. That's where the big money is made.

That's what I'm trying to tell you dude. Universal is shifting away from the older demographics & focusing more on the family demo. That's where the big money is made.

Families make the money, that's their targeted demographic... but Universal is not forgetting about the older demographic. Rides like Fast and Furious and Walking Dead are intended to keep the teen-adult age range.

Again, who said they're focusing more on the family demo? We don't know exactly what will be in the new park.

Again, who said they're focusing more on the family demo? We don't know exactly what will be in the new park.

Right, I believe that Universal is trying to balance what they offer. For example, Potter and Nintendo are "family" attractions that any age will enjoy. You then add something in the scale of Seuss Landing or Super Silly Fun Land, and then something like Walking Dead or Mummy. Every demographic has something geared towards them. That's the ideal model. Disneyland has been doing this for ages with a combination of thrills (Space, Indy, etc.) and offerings for young ones (Fantasyland, etc.), mixed in with rides for all (Pirates, Haunted, etc.)

Reactions: SOCAL110
Um....anyway....BACK TO TALKING THE LOWER LOT.....

You guys think that SNW was planned for 22-25 this whole time? I sure think I do. Either Mummy survives a while longer or they have something else planned for that space. If it's the latter....color me very interested.

Reactions: alias8703
Right, I believe that Universal is trying to balance what they offer. For example, Potter and Nintendo are "family" attractions that any age will enjoy. You then add something in the scale of Seuss Landing or Super Silly Fun Land, and then something like Walking Dead or Mummy. Every demographic has something geared towards them. That's the ideal model. Disneyland has been doing this for ages with a combination of thrills (Space, Indy, etc.) and offerings for young ones (Fantasyland, etc.), mixed in with rides for all (Pirates, Haunted, etc.)

The Disney approach.

Yes, thank you for affirming my argument.

Um....anyway....BACK TO TALKING THE LOWER LOT.....

You guys think that SNW was planned for 22-25 this whole time? I sure think I do. Either Mummy survives a while longer or they have something else planned for that space. If it's the latter....color me very interested.

I would love to believe this considering how landlocked USH is at the moment. I also hope the ROTM to be removed as well, it's not as popular as the other two rides in Orlando and Singapore when you come and think about it, and the era of the Mummy's Brendan Frasier is over anyways. That removal would provide all of the space SNW needs.

I just hope they don't cut out DK coaster if it's going in the 22-25 area. How many acres is that space?

I would love to believe this considering how landlocked USH is at the moment. I also hope the ROTM to be removed as well, it's not as popular as the other two rides in Orlando and Singapore when you come and think about it, and the era of the Mummy's Brendan Frasier is over anyways. That removal would provide all of the space SNW needs.

Mummy is a fun coaster, but I wouldn't mind if they repurpose that ride or space as long as it gets replaced with a similar thrilling attraction.

I just hope they don't cut out DK coaster if it's going in the 22-25 area. How many acres is that space?
Worse case scenario, they can just use the space where Panda Express and that Grab N Go place is for it. Bare in mind Mario Kart should be 3 stories or something. The Yoshi ride shouldn't take up that much space either.

Not gonna lie. It's really hard to read your posts man.

Can you try breaking it into paragraphs bruh?
It’s amusing that someone who doesn’t use complete sentences and likes the use of the word “bruh” is trying to judge. It’s a message board not a writing 101 class. Good luck man because some of us like an intelligent debate, myself, while others become petty, you. Sometimes it’s ok to just say “damn, good point man” but I guess that is reserved for the adults in the room. Take care of yourself there “bud”.

Rides like Fast and Furious and Walking Dead are intended to keep the teen-adult age range.
Supercharged is not a separate ride, it is a studio tour attraction that was only done because it was a cheap non-practical effect 3D experience that wouldn't exist if that trash KONG 360 hadn't been built. TWD was a 5 years too late cash-in, nothing more nothing less.

I also hope the ROTM to be removed as well, it's not as popular as the other two rides in Orlando and Singapore.
yea, no.. the long waittime for the ride would like to have a word with you. Its the only big boy coaster in the park and the only other "dark ride" (FJ being the 2nd)... its still popular.

Supercharged is not a separate ride, it is a studio tour attraction that was only done because it was a cheap non-practical effect 3D experience that wouldn't exist if that trash KONG 360 hadn't been built. TWD was a 5 years too late cash-in, nothing more nothing less.

yea, no.. the long waittime for the ride would like to have a word with you. Its the only big boy coaster in the park and the only other "dark ride" (FJ being the 2nd)... its still popular.

Meant to mix-in Orlando attractions as well.

Rides like Jaws and BTTF were very popular and have had long lines too, but that doesn't change the fact they were outdated and needed to be removed in favor of new franchises. After all, it's likely we might keep the indoor roller coaster section, just with the new IP.

Rides like Jaws and BTTF were very popular and have had long lines too, but that doesn't change the fact they were outdated and needed to be removed
JAWS was timeless. It was NOT outdated. And if we want to go that route... The first Potter movie came out nearly 17 years ago (the first book came out 21 years ago), better replace it with The Purge since its new!
And really BTTF is outdated? It involves time travel therefore making it timeless. And it was replaced by Simpsons which debuted 29 years ago.

This whole "just because its an older IP it needs to be replaced" mentality is what hurts the theme parks, same with the "omg its popular right now, we must add something based upon it" mentality. This is how we end up with trash like "Fast & Furious Supercharged" or "TWD Attraction".

JAWS was timeless. It was NOT outdated. And if we want to go that route... The first Potter movie came out nearly 17 years ago (the first book came out 21 years ago), better replace it with The Purge since its new!
And really BTTF is outdated? It involves time travel therefore making it timeless. And it was replaced by Simpsons which debuted 29 years ago.

I agree with your statement, but you used the worst comparisons possible. Simpson’s is still on TV, and has new episodes. The Potter series ended a couple of years ago, and it still has a Broadway show and a spin-off movie series.

Just because its still on tv doesn't make a difference. Neither does the new unnecessary broadway show (which will be in san francisco next year btw). It'd be refreshing if they did something with Fantastic Beasts because THAT is actually original content in the Potter verse & doesn't involve Potter himself.

Nintendo is old as dirt, but 900 years later, its becoming a theme park land. Sure there are new games being made, but its still catering to nostalgia of an old IP. Disney has no problem with making new rides based on their older animated films (sequel or not).

My point is, not everything has to be current or popular. If its a good ride, it will stand the test of time (provided the parks give it the proper maintenance we know they slack on)

Just because its still on tv doesn't make a difference. Neither does the new unnecessary broadway show (which will be in san francisco next year btw). It'd be refreshing if they did something with Fantastic Beasts because THAT is actually original content in the Potter verse & doesn't involve Potter himself.

Nintendo is old as dirt, but 900 years later, its becoming a theme park land. Sure there are new games being made, but its still catering to nostalgia of an old IP. Disney has no problem with making new rides based on their older animated films (sequel or not).

My point is, not everything has to be current or popular. If its a good ride, it will stand the test of time (provided the parks give it the proper maintenance we know they slack on)

Mario is a huge example of an Evergreen property.

Something like BTTF, IMO, isn't.

Reactions: Magic-Man