Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lower Lot Redesign

After taking another look at Bio's recent (fantastic) pics of USH, the one below really stuck out for me.
It truly shows how much space is currently earmarked for theme park expansion. Essentially the LL will almost double in size once they finish.

I'm curious if they will eventually cut into the hillside like they did for the Jurassic Park show building, anyone know if they can do that?

upload_2019-5-21_22-24-36.png
Red - earmarked soundstage removal for theme park expansion
Green - ROM
Yellow - hill side they could utilise?

After taking another look at Bio's recent (fantastic) pics of USH, the one below really stuck out for me.
It truly shows how much space is currently earmarked for theme park expansion. Essentially the LL will almost double in size once they finish.

I'm curious if they will eventually cut into the hillside like they did for the Jurassic Park show building, anyone know if they can do that?

View attachment 9621
Green - ROM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the JP show building was built on top of the existing hillside without much need for grading.

I've had the thought before of building a coaster where your question marks are and continuing over to the hillsides behind Simpsons show building and Studio Tour loading, again without having to do any or minimal grading.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the JP show building was built on top of the existing hillside without much need for grading.

I've had the thought before of building a coaster where your question marks are and continuing over to the hillsides behind Simpsons show building and Studio Tour loading, again without having to do any or minimal grading.

Coasters create noise. Even if you make a coaster track/cart that makes no noise, people will scream/shout.

Thanks, wasn't sure if it was built on the hillside or 'in' the hillside.

I was actually thinking more of a show building, perhaps Dracula's castle? ;)
It just feels like too good an opportunity not to use that space.

View attachment 9621
Green - ROM

Man, looking at this map. Transformers really is in the worst place lol. It'd be nice if they at least moved it somewhere on the Upper Lot (idk, do away with Animal Actors and Special Effects?) would fit a lot better yup there I think, and yeah, maybe re-design The Mummy as a new Jurassic World ride?

View attachment 9621
Green - ROM

So, just to be clear, is the red zone speculation? Or are there rumors that these soundstages are next? If so, I assume Universal has spaces for these soundstages and studios nearby elsewhere on the lot?

Man, looking at this map. Transformers really is in the worst place lol. It'd be nice if they at least moved it somewhere on the Upper Lot (idk, do away with Animal Actors and Special Effects?) would fit a lot better yup there I think, and yeah, maybe re-design The Mummy as a new Jurassic World ride?

It is an awful location! I just can't see them moving it though.

So, just to be clear, is the red zone speculation? Or are there rumors that these soundstages are next? If so, I assume Universal has spaces for these soundstages and studios nearby elsewhere on the lot?

The red zone is on the Universal 2016 dvelopment plan - those stages are going to be demolished for theme park expansion. It's where we all thought Nintendo was going to go originally.

It is an awful location! I just can't see them moving it though.

The red zone is on the Universal 2016 dvelopment plan - those stages are going to be demolished for theme park expansion. It's where we all thought Nintendo was going to go originally.

Yeah I doubt they would move it. You think that red zone will be for a SNW expansion?

Yeah I doubt they would move it. You think that red zone will be for a SNW expansion?

No I think it will be for something else now. I say keep an eye on what goes into the 3rd dry park in Orlando. I believe that something from that park will end up in the red zone. Hopefully something Classic Monsters related and space for something else.

View attachment 9621
Green - ROM

I am very jealous of his photos. I almost wish he never took them. Anyway...

I know that SS33-36 are slated for theme park use. The others (29, 41-44, and 37) are not currently expected to be removed. SNW was supposed to go into this area and be an identical copy of Japan, That didn't happen.

Things can always change...its Universal Studios Hollywood!

I am very jealous of his photos. I almost wish he never took them.

I'm jealous of his photos cuz I'm not the one in the helicopter seeing it firsthand, but I absolutely hope he'll provide more photos as SNW construction progresses.

I'm jealous of his photos cuz I'm not the one in the helicopter seeing it firsthand, but I absolutely hope he'll provide more photos as SNW construction progresses.

I'm sure he'll do the chopper once November comes, as while he is back at SoCal as of now, it seems as of now; it's merely for SW.

No I think it will be for something else now. I say keep an eye on what goes into the 3rd dry park in Orlando. I believe that something from that park will end up in the red zone. Hopefully something Classic Monsters related and space for something else.

Omg! Classic Monsters would be amazing! :D

The biggest problem with the Lower Lot is the lack of attractions for the little kids. All they have down there is Dino Play lol Uni needs to add some generic spinner down there or a carousel.

The biggest problem with the Lower Lot is the lack of attractions for the little kids. All they have down there is Dino Play lol Uni needs to add some generic spinner down there or a carousel.

Good point, and Nintendo isn't going to solve that problem either.

That's why I think we will see some element of Dreamworks show up in the LL.

Good point, and Nintendo isn't going to solve that problem either.

That's why I think we will see some element of Dreamworks show up in the LL.
I thought Mario Kart was going to be pretty family friendly?

Plus, there are a lot of interactive areas supposedly coming to Nintendo.

It was built onto the hillside. I worked there during the construction time. But you can google the images and you can see the hillside underneath.