Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) | Inside Universal Forums

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oct 12, 2009
East Central Florida
The reviews for this are over the top. It must be somewhat entertaining! I look forward to member reviews on here.

This review clip caught my eye:

The creator of the original Mad Max trilogy has whipped
up a gargantuan grunge symphony of vehicular mayhem
that makes Furious 7 look like Curious George.

yeah...I went from having no interest in seeing this, to somwwhat excited to see it in the theater. I remember thinking the trailer looked cool, but figured it was just another Hollywood reboot. Had no idea the original creator wrote and directed it. That's pretty awesome.

yeah...I went from having no interest in seeing this, to somwwhat excited to see it in the theater. I remember thinking the trailer looked cool, but figured it was just another Hollywood reboot. Had no idea the original creator wrote and directed it. That's pretty awesome.

It's also not a reboot. It's in the existing series, Hardy just took over for Gibson.

Gonna try to catch this while I'm in Cannes. Looks like spectacular fun.

I had no interested until I started seeing all the positive reviews. I haven't seen the other 3 movies, so hopefully it'll be easy to follow.

It bloody deserves it. Mad max is right now in my top THREE films of the year so far and it has beaten Furious. I also agree with the quote of it becoming more looking like Curious George.

I heard the movie is just one long action scene. Like Bay-level explosions, weak plot, and just crazy people doing crazy things, like a guy who has a flame shooting guitar, but that is also had nice visuals and a great soundtrack. I might be interested in checking it out, but if it's just a 2 hour car chase, I don't know, I need a movie to have at least a somewhat decent story for me to be able to enjoy it.

Last edited:
Its not, far from it. The plot is well..if your expecting a Oscar film; then no you won't enjoy it. There are lengthy car chases, and its a easy story to get into; if you haven't seen Mad Max. But; if you don't like car chases, then the film won't be for you as theres a lot; but with some variety thrown in (Motor Cycles, Rock band cars, Etc.). Also, the casting for the film is perfect; especially Charlize Theron as Furiosa and Tom Hardy as Max. Its also a very feminist film which is very good.

It may be a good movie, but it better do well overseas or it's doomed. It's getting smacked by Pitch Perfect 2 and AoU at the box office and Tomorrowland and Poltergeist are coming out next week.

With a $150M budget plus marketing, this film has very little chance of even breaking even without help from the international box office.

It may be a good movie, but it better do well overseas or it's doomed. It's getting smacked by Pitch Perfect 2 and AoU at the box office and Tomorrowland and Poltergeist are coming out next week.

With a $150M budget plus marketing, this film has very little chance of even breaking even without help from the international box office.

Yes, I agree. The first movies were low budget movies that became cult based in popularity. It's difficult to recreate that cult appeal. The movie could be great, but that original atmosphere of time & events isn't the now. It's like doing a redo of Rocky Horror or Blair Witch. It's very tough, no matter the budget or quality, to make that "event" happen again.

This film was phenomenal. I don't give more than 2.5 stars to action films by default because of their weak and trite plots, but this schooled me on what well-written action can be.

4.2/5 violas.

All movies should now have vehicles with War Drums and Guitars with Flame throwers in them !! :p

Also saw it yesterday was as good as everyone else has said it was.

I've never actually seen the previous films, but I will have to go back and see them now. I liked this, odd in places, simple story but action was spot on for me

Saw all the absolute adoration for JW on the other thread and came here to this thread to see how Mad Max faired with this crowd. Not too surprised to see just a handful of reviews. This is the best movie of the summer. I know there are some people on this board who worked in the industry and can tell you just how amazing it is that a movie like Fury Road exists. Real cars. Real stunts. Beautiful cinematography. Great music. And a truly feminist rally cry to boot.

If you need to know how well made this film is here's a small example. The Road Warrior had 1400 cuts in it. Fury Road has 2700. And you can still tell exactly what is going on at any given moment. That's incredible filmmaking. Tom Hardy himself (who was notoriously difficult on the set) went up to Miller after seeing it at the premiere and apologized claiming he couldn't see the masterpiece Miller had in his head during the filming, but recognized it on the screen.

Reactions: Clive