Magic Kingdom Entrance Getting New Color Scheme | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom Entrance Getting New Color Scheme

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 16, 2009
30 Rock
WDWMagic has posted a photo showing that the entrance gates leading to the Magic Kingdom have been getting refurbed and the new, blue-oriented color scheme is showing over the previous pink-oriented color scheme.

ibsCn6wtDBGHWx.jpg

The blue is so much better. And I agree with Teebin, that top sign has got to go.

lol, feels like the color war with the fairies in Sleeping Beauty. "Make it blue!" "No. Pink."

I can live with or without the sign. I work there and pass this sign on a daily basis, only this is the first time I've really stopped and looked at it. It's ugly for sure, but whether it stays or leaves makes little difference to me.

I always thought the sign didn't really match the park. I don't know why. So, put me down for wanting a replacement. Then again, a paint job would probably be sufficient.

Oh boy. :bang:

‏@Epcyclopedia has tweeted that the five sections of the gates that were painted blue and the three that remain pink are, oddly, by design and permanent. Apparently, Disney planned to differentiate the general parking entrances from the resort entrances.

ivGUyRxGt0Q01.png

Drove through these yesterday and they looked AWFUL. atleast the one I drove through. MK is looking really rough, atleast Main Street U.S.A and Tomorrowland

I understand the logic but am bewildered at the execution...

Oh god. I was so close to offering up the idea that this scheme was intentionally unfinished, but I didn't, because I thought it was absolutely horrible. :lol:

Oh Hell no. That's just... wrong. All sorts of wrong. But considering I probably won't be seeing that in person for a good long while, I think I can forget about it.