Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

Multi-month...probably multi-year!

They are trying to get some of this done by Christmas, but I think the overall project is really going to happen right up until the 50th in 2021.

I heard a rumor that some more major changes are on the horizon for the parking area and entrance plaza beyond the current TTC remodel.

Supposedly the parking lot is getting expanded (again) taking over the the wooded center area of the parking lot. One of the retention ponds in the lot is supposed to get moved, and Floridian Way is supposed to be widened and improved to take the bulk of the traffic off of World Drive.

It sounds like they are really trying to bulk up capacity of EVERYTHING in preparation for the 50th.

I heard a rumor that some more major changes are on the horizon for the parking area and entrance plaza beyond the current TTC remodel.

Supposedly the parking lot is getting expanded (again) taking over the the wooded center area of the parking lot. One of the retention ponds in the lot is supposed to get moved, and Floridian Way is supposed to be widened and improved to take the bulk of the traffic off of World Drive.

It sounds like they are really trying to bulk up capacity of EVERYTHING in preparation for the 50th.
Yeah, the Mickey-shaped retention pond is being removed for more parking. The Floridian Way expansion is nothing new though. that's been planned/in-the-works for quite awhile now. With the new North entrance by the CM parking lot almost having it's road ready to open, they need Floridian way expanded to handle more cars coming through that area. When locals come in from back there (or when GPS sends tourists or Ubers through there), current'y you go through the CM parking lot and have a choice to go towards the Contemporary or down Floridian Way. Taking the new road, once opened, will have EVERYONE going down Floridian.

This will be handy during fireworks shows as they will no longer need to shut off access to Floridian Way as it will be a thruway, and won't pass the launch point.

I have my doubts only because the cost of everything Corless has reported on this season seems far more than TWDC would be willing to invest. But after I laughed the first time I heard live action Beauty & the Beast bar, I've learned not to doubt anything IP-driven these days.

Don't hate the idea standing alone. Replacing a national landmark like CBJ, tho, is of course an outrage even in a culture that has made the word cliche.

I have my doubts only because the cost of everything Corless has reported on this season seems far more than TWDC would be willing to invest. But after I laughed the first time I heard live action Beauty & the Beast bar, I've learned not to doubt anything IP-driven these days.

Don't hate the idea standing alone. Replacing a national landmark like CBJ, tho, is of course an outrage even in a culture that has made the word cliche.

Man if only they had built a Toy Story-themed land where they could put something like this. And in a park that needs more expansion at that. That would have been great.

Unfreaking believeable!
One of the most iconic attractions and one which I faithfully visit every time I go to MK. I thought the B&W Woodys Roundup figure for D23 was an odd choice since it’s from TS2, but it makes sense given this impending announcement.
I would rather have seen them announce the seasonal overlays to CBJ which IMHO would have increased traffic to this attraction. NOT HAPPY!