Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They have to pay for all the money Disneyland is losing....Instead of 'Thanks Shanghai' it's 'Thank's Anaheim'.......;)...Just joking.:lol:.. but at Chapek's expense
I get you’re joking, but it adds nothing to the thread. Please try to refrain from posts like these as they have a way of throwing threads off topic.

Reactions: therock
They did deny that PUSH was leaving Tomorrowland the day before he left...

But no, they don’t typically acknowledge rumors.
And when they do it’s either by an official statement to the press when questioned or as an answer on Social media. Never in posts like these.

Reactions: belloq87 and Nick
Yup, these blog posts are very abnormal. Definitely seems like the parks are out to get WDWNT. Potentially through legal action.

I hope not. That would set a very dangerous precedent. I definitely feel like Disney is finally seeing the value in the online theme park community and will wanna Control the message going forward

While I don't normally speak out in scenarios like this, this one seems too odd.

Disney has broken their own precedent by publicly targeting WDWNT and their most recent stories. While you may not like WDWNT, you cannot deny that their track record is better than not. I can only see that one or both of two things are happening right now

1) Disney is purposely leaking false information to employees they believe are insiders for WDWNT. They are then using the false rumors to discredit WDWNT for some reason. I do not know that reason, but this would cause WDWNT to lose revenue through fewer page views.

2) Disney is denying these rumors using specific phrasing to make it seem like they are discrediting WDWNT when they are in fact not. CBJ may be closing later than 2021. Tiki may be keeping the birds, while still adding Moana. Ultimately, Disney is doing this with the same purpose as 1.

Either way, just because the rumors don’t come true doesn’t mean they weren’t seriously discussed by Disney or about to happen before being pulled. That ToT bar was within days of construction before it was cancelled. Disney themselves confirms projects that don’t end up happening due to one reason or another, such as MK’s Theater, 20TL’s return, and many more.

While I don't normally speak out in scenarios like this, this one seems too odd.

Disney has broken their own precedent by publicly targeting WDWNT and their most recent stories. While you may not like WDWNT, you cannot deny that their track record is better than not. I can only see that one or both of two things are happening right now

1) Disney is purposely leaking false information to employees they believe are insiders for WDWNT. They are then using the false rumors to discredit WDWNT for some reason. I do not know that reason, but this would cause WDWNT to lose revenue through fewer page views.

2) Disney is denying these rumors using specific phrasing to make it seem like they are discrediting WDWNT when they are in fact not. CBJ may be closing later than 2021. Tiki may be keeping the birds, while still adding Moana. Ultimately, Disney is doing this with the same purpose as 1.

Either way, just because the rumors don’t come true doesn’t mean they weren’t seriously discussed by Disney or about to happen before being pulled. That ToT bar was within days of construction before it was cancelled. Disney themselves confirms projects that don’t end up happening due to one reason or another, such as MK’s Theater, 20TL’s return, and many more.

I cannot say more but it’s more than WDWNT reports rumors. Way way more complicated.

Yup, things are always discussed and that’s why “insiders” have to use caution when reporting rumors. Things can be canceled at any time. This is why Jim Hill has the reputation he does - he reports almost everything he hears, so he turns out to be wrong a lot.

Not MK, but related to the MK Area. The new Northern Entrance that will connect into Floridian Way is finally opening after years of construction. This really only affects locals, but for those that know the area, this should be a big win for faster commutes and fireworks not stopping traffic. July 10th is the first day it is open.

Last edited:
Reactions: snayberry