Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My guess is this is moving towards everyone walking thru metal detectors. Right now they don't have the room at MK where pushing it to the hotels and the TTC will allow them more room.
That's what I expect. I assume they will a more similar setup to Universal where everyone goes through metal detectors instead of randomly picking, which essentially is just for show seeing as so many walk around the detectors.

That's what I expect. I assume they will a more similar setup to Universal where everyone goes through metal detectors instead of randomly picking, which essentially is just for show seeing as so many walk around the detectors.

Sea World also has everyone go thru. So Disney was the only one not doing this. I think they did it to get something quick in, but will now move to everyone being checked.

Reactions: Nick
Sea World also has everyone go thru. So Disney was the only one not doing this. I think they did it to get something quick in, but will now move to everyone being checked.
Ok time to rant...

SeaWorld has the MOST STUPID and USELESS security screening at any park I have EVER been to. When walking through the metal detectors they simply ask for you to hold any keys, wallets, or belts above your head. What the hell?! What is the point of the metal detectors if they go off every time you go through? I could have a sword going down my pants and nobody would know because they assume the reason the metal detectors go off if because of the metal above my head. Not only that but the way they check the bags is stupid. I go through their bag check in seconds because all they do is place the stick into my bag. They don't move stuff around and check for guns. They don't look at any pocket besides the one I opened. They don't even have a light to use to look into the bags when it gets dark. It's like what?! I understand they don't have a lot of room but come on! Anything is better than what is going on now!!

End rant.

Ok time to rant...

SeaWorld has the MOST STUPID and USELESS security screening at any park I have EVER been to. When walking through the metal detectors they simply ask for you to hold any keys, wallets, or belts above your head. What the hell?! What is the point of the metal detectors if they go off every time you go through? I could have a sword going down my pants and nobody would know because they assume the reason the metal detectors go off if because of the metal above my head. Not only that but the way they check the bags is stupid. I go through their bag check in seconds because all they do is place the stick into my bag. They don't move stuff around and check for guns. They don't look at any pocket besides the one I opened. They don't even have a light to use to look into the bags when it gets dark. It's like what?! I understand they don't have a lot of room but come on! Anything is better than what is going on now!!

End rant.
The metal detectors there have leds on the back side the flash at the height of the detected metal. So as long as it is only going off over the head you are fine.

Reactions: Eckert and WAJAS
Ok time to rant...

End rant.

I think it depends on the employee, I have had lax checks at all three parks and strict checks at all three parks.

Maybe someone else who knows more about them can say this. But I thought the metal detectors has zones. So they light up where the metal is detected. So when they are looking they want to only see the top lights go off and not the bottom lights. Now do I agree with this policy, no. They should have people put them in bins and not do that at all.

Let's face it, security is there to do enough to hopefully prevent a tragedy. But if someone really wanted to do something at any of the parks, they could. It is just a matter of risk for them. Do they want to risk getting caught. If they don't want to risk it they move to a different target.

Reactions: WAJAS
The metal detectors there have leds on the back side the flash at the height of the detected metal. So as long as it is only going off over the head you are fine.
Now that is something I didn't know. Interesting that I haven't seen that done anywhere before, but I guess the third party decides in the end.

Yep, the ones at BGT are the same. It makes the process faster and easier. Is it perfect, no, but someone carrying a weapon on their body would most likely be noticed.

I have the feeling that the show is going to be heavily retooled as well. I think that, for the indefinite future, all new presidents won't be making any speeches and they'll be a much larger emphasis on historical presidents. With our unfortunate political division, I don't think many current or future presidents will bring anything positive to the attraction. A Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump speech would do nothing but incites boos.

Whichever candidate becomes president, I wouldn't blame Disney for no longer wanting to make new presidents speak. :look:

Whichever candidate becomes president, I wouldn't blame Disney for no longer wanting to make new presidents speak. :look:
I truly expect this to be the way they go with this refurb. The candidates are the most disliked in the history of modern politics. It wouldn't be smart to do a speaking AA this time around.

I feel like we have this conversation every election cycle. I believe the new president will speak.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
I'd be shocked if Disney didn't do a lot of market research post-election to determine how to treat the next president AA. If the next president AA speaks, I wouldn't be too shocked. That is, if the next president agrees to it.